Thread: The Buddy Johnson era should begin NOW

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

The Buddy Johnson era should begin NOW

we have seen Bush fall off of tackles , not wrap tackles , move out of the way of tackles and sit in space instead of moving up towards the LOS to make a tackle ..

he has single handedly cost us a couple TDs ( Detroit long run for a TD , and Chargers game ) both costing us a W ...

this Cat has zero positive influence on the defense and as Chris Hoke said yesterday with him on the field its like playing with 10 defenders .....

Lets get Buddy Johnson on the field it simply can't be any worse , he is supposed to be a fast flow to the ball , sideline to sideline type of LB with coverage ability .. ( isnt this what Bush was supposed to be for us ?? ) since Bush hasnt lived up to his billing and has been a liability when on the field lets see if Johnson is the guy we needed / wanted / drafted Bush to be and if he is it takes some of the sting away from trading up and spending multiple picks on this Liability we are currently forcing into action based purely on draft slotting and not skill set ....

Lets stop swinging that hammer at the square peg trying to force it into that round hole Bush sucks and everybody knows it own it as an organization and move on.
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: The Buddy Johnson era should begin NOW

Tomlin and Butler are probably hoping for that Bud Dupree development…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

I agree. This is not the question of injury or getting back physically, he's just not on the field mentally. Dupree was lost, but not this kind of lost. This cat is dead(pun intended).

Послато са Redmi Note 9 Pro помоћу Тапатока

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Yesterday, Bush got the shortest leash I’ve seen in a while. Five plays, and benched for a long while. Missed a tackle, immediately benched for the rest of the series. If Spillane hasn’t gotten injured, we probably don’t see Bush in the fourth quarter.

But, Yes, it’s time to see what we have in Buddy.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

straight outta his Bio on steelers page ...

now lets see what he can do in this league

COLLEGE

• Played in 47 games at Texas A&M (2017-20)
    • Registered 210 tackles, 24.5 tackles for loss, 6.5 sacks, five pass breakups, three forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries and one interception
    • 2020 Butkus Award semifinalist
    • Started all 10 games as a senior
    • Served as a veteran leader on the SEC's top defense, finishing the season ranked ninth nationally
    • Led the team in tackles (86), tackles for loss (8.5) and forced fumbles (two), while his 4.0 sacks on the year was good for second among Aggies
    • Led the team in tackles in seven games, reaching double figures in the category on six occasions
    • Forced a fumble with under four minutes remaining in the game that set up Texas A&M's game-winning drive to top No. 4 Florida
    • Led an A&M defense that tallied 6.0 sacks and limited Mississippi State to negative rushing yards with 12 tackles, two breakups and another forced fumble
    • Matched his career high of 12 tackles, including two tackles-for-loss and one sack in the win over Arkansas
    • Picked off his first career interception and returned it 15 yards for his second career defensive TD in the victory over LSU; also added a sack against the Tigers
    • Led the defense with 10 tackles, 2.5 for loss, including a sack, in the Orange Bowl victory over North Carolina
    • Led the defense with 10 tackles and recovered a fumble, returning it 62 yards for a TD to help the Aggies take down Ole Miss in 2019 (was named SEC Defensive Player of the Week for his play against the Rebels)

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin and Butler are probably hoping for that Bud Dupree development…
    I remember Butler saying a few years ago that he couldn't wait until he retired so he could play golf everyday. I would have made that happen the day the words fell from his lips if I were Rooney.

Play Buddy, what have we got to lose?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Yesterday, Bush got the shortest leash I’ve seen in a while. Five plays, and benched for a long while. Missed a tackle, immediately benched for the rest of the series. If Spillane hasn’t gotten injured, we probably don’t see Bush in the fourth quarter.

But, Yes, it’s time to see what we have in Buddy.
    I believe he only returned because Spillane got injured.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I believe he only returned because Spillane got injured.
    even so I do not get it , they didn't have someone else active that gave them a chance at some semblance of success ? 1 body who could tackle someone ?

someone , anyone, I don't care if it is a 3rd string safety , the backup to the backup water boy anybody !!!

just someone WILLING to try and compete

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

I keep saying it , one last time Jaylon Smith is much better. I don’t get why he’s on couch when Spillane and Bush get a helmet on Sunday

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Did Johnson have a hat yesterday?

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

D.Bush was playing flag football. Man, did you see him pull the flag (towel) off mixon?

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Did Johnson have a hat yesterday?
    I don’t think he did.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I'm all for it. If Johnson can finish a tackle if he has a guy already wrapped up, he's already better than Bush. The only, and I mean only reason why Bush hasn't already been benched is because he was a 1st round pick. Had he been anyone else he'd probably have been cut already