Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Taysom Hill $$$$$

  1. #1
    Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Arizona
    Gender
    Posts
    6,947

    Taysom Hill $$$$$

    Can anyone tell me how/why Taysom Hill keeps getting paid? 4 years and $40-95M. The guy is 31 and has a combined 2,404 yards passing, rushing and receiving. It's bewildering.

  2. #2
    Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Triadl NC
    Gender
    Posts
    5,119

    Re: Taysom Hill $$$$$

    Cause Sean Payton said so. Yeah I don't get it , if he's really any good he should be starting a year ago

    Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

  3. #3
    Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    South Western Pa
    Gender
    Posts
    4,731

    Re: Taysom Hill $$$$$

    Jack of all trades and a master of none ... I do not get it either , my youngest kid is enamored by him and even he says woah that's way to much coin for the production levels ....

    for the record my youngest kid is an adult ( 27 )
    banned @Dwinsgames on Twitter , guess they really do hate conservatives

  4. #4
    NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    40,875

    Re: Taysom Hill $$$$$

    What really boggles my mind is that they have the perfect opening to use him in place of trevor siemian but they aren't. I mean I can get the Jameis Winston thing...maybe...but Trevor Siemian is starting over him?? Now is the time to be using him as the QB if you ever intended to use him for that. If you didn't, why did you pay him that money???

    i never get the Sean Payton over Mike Tomlin thing...


  5. #5
    Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Gender
    Posts
    14,876

    Re: Taysom Hill $$$$$

    If you read some of the breakdowns of the terms, it is all to save the Saints cap space. And avoid Hill ever being able to be franchise tagged.

    He may well be overpaid but heís underpaid based on what the franchise tag would cost.

    Also most of the money he will never see.

  6. #6
    Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Triadl NC
    Gender
    Posts
    5,119

    Re: Taysom Hill $$$$$

    If he got cut how many teams are lining up at the waiver wire. For 10mil a year contract. Why would you even consider franchise tagging him ? And at what position at 31 years old. I'd take as a backup QB 4-5 mil a year max

    Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

  7. #7
    Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Gender
    Posts
    14,876

    Re: Taysom Hill $$$$$


  8. #8
    Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    Posts
    8,579

    Re: Taysom Hill $$$$$

    Zero dollars guaranteed. What are we talking about here?
    https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orle...om-hill-22021/

  9. #9
    Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Arizona
    Gender
    Posts
    6,947

    Re: Taysom Hill $$$$$

    Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Zero dollars guaranteed. What are we talking about here?
    https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orle...om-hill-22021/
    I believe that is incorrect.

    $11.1 million fully guaranteed at signing and $21 million guaranteed by year two.

    https://www.nfl.com/news/inside-the-...ve-taysom-hill

  10. #10
    NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    40,875

    Re: Taysom Hill $$$$$

    Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    If he got cut how many teams are lining up at the waiver wire. For 10mil a year contract. Why would you even consider franchise tagging him ? And at what position at 31 years old. I'd take as a backup QB 4-5 mil a year max

    Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Agree with this. Whose looking for Hill and looking for Hill at that cost?


  11. #11
    Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    Posts
    8,579

    Re: Taysom Hill $$$$$

    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I believe that is incorrect.

    $11.1 million fully guaranteed at signing and $21 million guaranteed by year two.

    https://www.nfl.com/news/inside-the-...ve-taysom-hill
    The way it reads to me is he is that he is owed $10.1M for 2022 by signing the deal. If still on the roster in March, he gets 2023 salary guaranteed which is $9.9M. Except for what he has been paid already none of this contract is guaranteed as of today. Lots of incentives in this contract though that ensures Hill will be the starting QB moving forward. So from that standpoint I guess we can assume future guarantees will be paid eventually.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Arizona
    Gender
    Posts
    6,947

    Re: Taysom Hill $$$$$

    If there was EVER a time to stick Hill in at QB, it’s NOW! Especially that game last night. Offense was horrible and Siemian is borderline 3rd stringer or practice squad. Hill not only doesn’t get a snap at QB, but not a single touch on offense. What are they paying him for??

  13. #13
    Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Triadl NC
    Gender
    Posts
    5,119

    Re: Taysom Hill $$$$$

    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    If there was EVER a time to stick Hill in at QB, itís NOW! Especially that game last night. Offense was horrible and Siemian is borderline 3rd stringer or practice squad. Hill not only doesnít get a snap at QB, but not a single touch on offense. What are they paying him for??
    Not a snap, that says alot. Keep hearing he's QB, TE, WR, RB and not a snap.

    Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

  14. #14
    NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    40,875

    Re: Taysom Hill $$$$$

    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    If there was EVER a time to stick Hill in at QB, itís NOW! Especially that game last night. Offense was horrible and Siemian is borderline 3rd stringer or practice squad. Hill not only doesnít get a snap at QB, but not a single touch on offense. What are they paying him for??
    Thatís been my question since they signed Winston.


  15. #15
    Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Gender
    Posts
    14,876

    Re: Taysom Hill $$$$$

    The deal saves them $3.5 million in 2022 cap space by converting voidable year guaranteed cash to signing bonus guaranteed cash.

    Prior to the deal, Hill wouldíve cost the Saints $8.5 million in their 2022 cap while NOT being on the roster.

    The team guaranteed another 1.5 million to spread it out via the signing bonus.

    The other guaranteed stuff is at one level (and an appropriate one) for a backup QB and another level if Hill is the starter.

    It is a good deal for the team.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Arizona
    Gender
    Posts
    6,947

    Re: Taysom Hill $$$$$

    Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    It is a good deal for the team.
    It's about as good of a deal as the Steelers got with Derek Watt.

  17. #17
    NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    40,875

    Re: Taysom Hill $$$$$

    Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    The deal saves them $3.5 million in 2022 cap space by converting voidable year guaranteed cash to signing bonus guaranteed cash.

    Prior to the deal, Hill wouldíve cost the Saints $8.5 million in their 2022 cap while NOT being on the roster.

    The team guaranteed another 1.5 million to spread it out via the signing bonus.

    The other guaranteed stuff is at one level (and an appropriate one) for a backup QB and another level if Hill is the starter.

    It is a good deal for the team.
    Only heís not even a backup QB at this point. Thatís a lot for a special teams player.


  18. #18
    Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Triadl NC
    Gender
    Posts
    5,119

    Re: Taysom Hill $$$$$

    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Only heís not even a backup QB at this point. Thatís a lot for a special teams player.
    Like Desert said Derek Watt type deal. Sometimes coaches fall in love with the wrong guy

    Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

  19. #19
    Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Gender
    Posts
    14,876

    Re: Taysom Hill $$$$$

    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Only heís not even a backup QB at this point. Thatís a lot for a special teams player.
    Yeah. I dunno. Donít follow the Saints. But various articles in this thread lay out a fairly clear sequence of events that explain how this all happened. The team wanted to see if Hill could play QB. And now they pay to walk that back a bit.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Gender
    Posts
    5,389

    Re: Taysom Hill $$$$$

    Dude's Tebowmania II basically. Awesome talent, but can't play QB worth a damn. That's a lot of money for a 3rd string QB.

  21. #21
    NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    40,875

    Re: Taysom Hill $$$$$

    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Dude's Tebowmania II basically. Awesome talent, but can't play QB worth a damn. That's a lot of money for a 3rd string QB.
    But is he even a third string QB? Behind Brees, behind Winston, behind SiemianÖwhoís next?? He must really be badÖ


  22. #22
    Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Triadl NC
    Gender
    Posts
    5,119

    Re: Taysom Hill $$$$$

    Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Yeah. I dunno. Donít follow the Saints. But various articles in this thread lay out a fairly clear sequence of events that explain how this all happened. The team wanted to see if Hill could play QB. And now they pay to walk that back a bit.
    Precisely, Sean Payton QB master

    Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

  23. #23
    Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    South Western Pa
    Gender
    Posts
    4,731

    Re: Taysom Hill $$$$$

    Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    Precisely, Sean Payton QB master

    Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    yeah Payton gets this " QB guru" label but you would be hard pressed to convince me that he is the reason those QBs succeeded ..

    His coaching career started in Philly as a QB coach , but O-Line Coach was none other than Bill Callahan ( one of the best Line coaches of this era ) The O coordinator was Jon Gruden so one could say well that system was going to do with or without Payton whos one Job was to work with Bobby Hoying ( nothing special )

    then on to the Giants in 99

    Kerry Collins and Kent Graham and nothing special 57% team completion percentage and a 17td to 20 int ratio can you say UGH yet advances in 2000 to OC

    2003 Hired by Parcells in Big D

    Had Quincy Carter (never developed ) , Testaverde ( already proven ) and Drew Bledsoe ( already proven ) and eventually Romo a year or two later

    in 2006 gets the head Job with the saints and gets already proven ( all the way from his Purdue days ) Drew Brees


    its easy to get a legacy when you are in charge of guys who are already good or great ... I mean who has he developed ??? thus how does he get this label of QB Guru ???
    banned @Dwinsgames on Twitter , guess they really do hate conservatives

  24. #24
    NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    40,875

    Re: Taysom Hill $$$$$

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    yeah Payton gets this " QB guru" label but you would be hard pressed to convince me that he is the reason those QBs succeeded ..

    His coaching career started in Philly as a QB coach , but O-Line Coach was none other than Bill Callahan ( one of the best Line coaches of this era ) The O coordinator was Jon Gruden so one could say well that system was going to do with or without Payton whos one Job was to work with Bobby Hoying ( nothing special )

    then on to the Giants in 99

    Kerry Collins and Kent Graham and nothing special 57% team completion percentage and a 17td to 20 int ratio can you say UGH yet advances in 2000 to OC

    2003 Hired by Parcells in Big D

    Had Quincy Carter (never developed ) , Testaverde ( already proven ) and Drew Bledsoe ( already proven ) and eventually Romo a year or two later

    in 2006 gets the head Job with the saints and gets already proven ( all the way from his Purdue days ) Drew Brees


    its easy to get a legacy when you are in charge of guys who are already good or great ... I mean who has he developed ??? thus how does he get this label of QB Guru ???
    Same way Jon Gruden gets labeled QB Guru?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •