View Poll Results: Who would YOU choose?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • QB: Pickett/Howell, Pitt/UNC

11 42.31%
  • C: Tyler Linderbaum, Iowa

6 23.08%
  • OG: Kenyon Green, Texas A&M

2 7.69%
  • NT/DT: Jordan “Sweet Feet” Davis, Georgia

3 11.54%
  • CB: pick one

1 3.85%
  • ILB: Brandon Smith, Penn St.

0 0%
  • WR: Drake London, USC

0 0%
  • OT: pick one

1 3.85%
  • OLB: Drake Jackson, USC

0 0%
  • other

2 7.69%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mid-Season Mock Draft

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Mid-Season Mock Draft

If we do need a DL I don’t see us drafting OL 2x in the first 3 rounds (dependent on FA of course).

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    If we do need a DL I don’t see us drafting OL 2x in the first 3 rounds (dependent on FA of course).
    It's why I'd like to sign a LT (or a DT) in free agency. Too many holes, not enough high picks.

Orlando Brown... Akiem Hicks... either one.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Bucky Brooks (who I like) has the Steelers drafting Travon Walker, DE/DT, Georgia.

I had mentioned waker a few weeks back (to keep an eye on him and Nakobe Dean during the BCS). He's a little lighter than Heyward & Tuitt, but he is too big to be an OLB. I like him, because he plays bigger than 275, but can also slide outside (when Watt stunts back to the middle).

Sign Brown
    R1 Walker, DT
    R2 Patterson, C

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Bucky Brooks (who I like) has the Steelers drafting Travon Walker, DE/DT, Georgia.

I had mentioned waker a few weeks back (to keep an eye on him and Nakobe Dean during the BCS). He's a little lighter than Heyward & Tuitt, but he is too big to be an OLB. I like him, because he plays bigger than 275, but can also slide outside (when Watt stunts back to the middle).

Sign Brown
    R1 Walker, DT
    R2 Patterson, C

i believe loudermilk was about 275 coming out of college. and he is even taller than walker. i dont know why people are so obsessed about guys being to light. as if it is difficult to put on weight. lol
    lawrence timmons was 234 lbs at the combine. i believe he played somewhere around 250.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    i believe loudermilk was about 275 coming out of college. and he is even taller than walker. i dont know why people are so obsessed about guys being to light. as if it is difficult to put on weight. lol
    lawrence timmons was 234 lbs at the combine. i believe he played somewhere around 250.
    Mike Vrabel was a similar weight. Cowher had him drop 25 pounds to play OLB… and Vrabel wasn’t as effective. Then, Vrabel went to the Taperiots, where he played at his “comfortable” weight… and he was for more effective.

Sure, guys can & will put on muscle weight (as they start working out in NFL weight rooms), but I feel it’s important to list players’ sizes when discussing them.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Mike Vrabel was a similar weight. Cowher had him drop 25 pounds to play OLB… and Vrabel wasn’t as effective. Then, Vrabel went to the Taperiots, where he played at his “comfortable” weight… and he was for more effective.

Sure, guys can & will put on muscle weight (as they start working out in NFL weight rooms), but I feel it’s important to list players’ sizes when discussing them.
    It isn;'t just "putting on weight". I mean if it was, I could be in the NFL. You have to put weight on that aids in your strength based part of the games but also doesn't slow down the agility/quickness part of your game.

Not always easy to do. I agree that it is a relevant factor in the discussions.

Lamar Woodley's struggles with his playing weight were a factor in his injuries and career ending earlier than it could have. I will always be convinced of that.
    Marcus Allen would be an amazing ILB in a 3-4 if he were 20-30 pounds heavier. But he isn't. So he's a crap safety and an overmatched ILB.
    Kendrick Green just spent how many weeks getting worked by NFL DTs because he wasn't big and strong enough.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

It's why I'd like to sign a LT (or a DT) in free agency. Too many holes, not enough high picks.

Orlando Brown... Akiem Hicks... either one.
    Agreed