View Poll Results: Who would YOU choose?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • QB: Pickett/Howell, Pitt/UNC

11 42.31%
  • C: Tyler Linderbaum, Iowa

6 23.08%
  • OG: Kenyon Green, Texas A&M

2 7.69%
  • NT/DT: Jordan “Sweet Feet” Davis, Georgia

3 11.54%
  • CB: pick one

1 3.85%
  • ILB: Brandon Smith, Penn St.

0 0%
  • WR: Drake London, USC

0 0%
  • OT: pick one

1 3.85%
  • OLB: Drake Jackson, USC

0 0%
  • other

2 7.69%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mid-Season Mock Draft

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Mid-Season Mock Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    That is what I was saying, may not have come out that way. I see us as having 5 major holes to fill (C/G, DL, ILB, CB and QB) Draft 2 and FA 2 and have a plan for QB. We have other holes, but fix those spots and most of our issues are solved. I am assuming we either get Alualu or Tuitt back for another season and Bush will be back to 100% next season, or at least solid. I would rather FA a CB cause we suck at drafting CBs. If Alualu/Tuitt comes back, draft a DL and rotate for experience. That leaves ILB and OL, given that scenario I would rather FA an OL and draft an ILB because we need the vet leadership more along the OL.
    I agree 100%!!! Really. It's like I'm reading a mirror... especially the bold part.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

One thing to remember about Kenyon Green, he has played OT. Most think he would move to OG in the NFL, but his flexibility gives us a few options:

Moore - Dotson - Green - Green - R2-RT

Moore - Dotson - R2-C - Green - Green

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Have 2 'Ken Green' on the OL. Next to each other. One wears 53 and the other 63. In honor of great Centers.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Have 2 'Ken Green' on the OL. Next to each other. One wears 53 and the other 63. In honor of great Centers.
    Perfect

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    From m what I've seen of the current KG he needs a new number

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I'll say it again. Art Rooney has been asking for a run game for over ten years. He got his RB in 2021, one that got 1200 yards without an oline. Art still doesn't have his run game, he with get a LT and C in R1 & R2 unless some great player the isn't a QB slides.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I'll say it again. Art Rooney has been asking for a run game for over ten years. He got his RB in 2021, one that got 1200 yards without an oline. Art still doesn't have his run game, he with get a LT and C in R1 & R2 unless some great player the isn't a QB slides.
    Maybe this isn't fair to put on you...but I keep seeing posts about what Rooney wants. Or what Rooney thinks. Whatever. I get that he is the face/voice of ownership...but does he really get what he wants all that often?

I mean, here we are talking about how he has wanted a running game for 10 years...and he hasn't gotten it for a variety of reasons.

Are we really sure that Rooney inserts himself all that much into the overall process? I am honestly asking because other than when his end of season comments are posted here, I pay zero attention to what he says or does.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Maybe this isn't fair to put on you...but I keep seeing posts about what Rooney wants. Or what Rooney thinks. Whatever. I get that he is the face/voice of ownership...but does he really get what he wants all that often?

I mean, here we are talking about how he has wanted a running game for 10 years...and he hasn't gotten it for a variety of reasons.

Are we really sure that Rooney inserts himself all that much into the overall process? I am honestly asking because other than when his end of season comments are posted here, I pay zero attention to what he says or does.

We shall see on draft day. Let's come back to this on day2-R2 of the Steelers draft. I will make a note.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Would be better to get one in the draft and one in FA IMO

Alualu says he is coming back.
    If Tuitt returns, we are SET at D-line!!!

That means we would not "need" to draft a D-lineman with the top four picks. We could (if the right guy is there), but realistically, we would simply throw a stone at a Day 3 guy to compete with Loudermilk and Adams.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Mid-Season Mock Draft

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

That means we would not "need" to draft a D-lineman with the top four picks. We could (if the right guy is there), but realistically, we would simply throw a stone at a Day 3 guy to compete with Loudermilk and Adams.
    I wouldn’t even do a Day 3 guy that unless he was BPa. I was actually happy with some of the things I saw from Adams and Loudermilk.

Heyward, Tuitt, Alualu, Wormley, Mondeaux, Adams and Loudermilk…I wouldn’t touch it. I’d let the bottom three guys rotate in and continue to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I wouldn’t even do a Day 3 guy that unless he was BPa. I was actually happy with some of the things I saw from Adams and Loudermilk.

Heyward, Tuitt, Alualu, Wormley, Mondeaux, Adams and Loudermilk…I wouldn’t touch it. I’d let the bottom three guys rotate in and continue to develop.
    Carlos Davis should be back as well. Not that he is a noteworthy piece...but I think he can give a team viable and valuable snaps in a rotational role.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

I like his intentions but a 35 year old coming off a season ending injury isnt the basket I prefer to put all my eggs in
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

little film breakdown on Tyler Linderbaum since the Steelers will not be drafting a QB in R1.

little film breakdown on Tyler Linderbaum since the Steelers will not be drafting a QB in R1.

That’s my guy.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

That’s my guy.
    Mel Kipper

Merry Christmas

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/01/ke...of-the-debate/

Interesting thoughts on Green and Linderbaum. I think it is worth noting that Green struggled most with big strong DTs. Linderbaum is reportedly 15 pounds lighter than Green and two inches taller....he may struggle just as much!

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    https://steelersdepot.com/2022/01/ke...of-the-debate/

Interesting thoughts on Green and Linderbaum. I think it is worth noting that Green struggled most with big strong DTs. Linderbaum is reportedly 15 pounds lighter than Green and two inches taller....he may struggle just as much!
    I could be wrong, but wasn’t Green labeled as raw coming out of college also, was going to need some work? Honest question, cause maybe Linderbaum has better technique (foot work, punch, hand placement, etc) to make up for it?

I could be wrong, but wasn’t Green labeled as raw coming out of college also, was going to need some work? Honest question, cause maybe Linderbaum has better technique (foot work, punch, hand placement, etc) to make up for it?
    No idea. The posted article is far more than I know.

Maybe eventually Lindy is the better center but it seems he may have serious challenges as a rookie as well.

Not really arguing that Green is all that or anything. But I’m highly skeptical of ANY center coming in and performing well Year 1.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Green had 5 total college games at center , raw is an understatement ...

he relies on getting 1st hands on you and when he is tasked with snapping the ball he simply can not get 1st hands on anyone , he needs early control to win battles and at Center he just isnt getting that done
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

geesh...people act like it is hard to put on weight. i can do it in my sleep ... linderbaum can just spend more time at the buffet. have him spend 2 weeks with BJ Finney...boom ..he comes back 320

In another thread, NCSteeler asked me about Linderbaum’s weight (or lack thereof). I’m not concerbed at all. He strong, uses leverage, agile, gets the right angles, and extremely experienced. In a nutshell, he’s the closest comparison to Dermontti Dawson that I’ve seen in 30 years.

In another thread, NCSteeler asked me about Linderbaum’s weight (or lack thereof). I’m not concerbed at all. He strong, uses leverage, agile, gets the right angles, and extremely experienced. In a nutshell, he’s the closest comparison to Dermontti Dawson that I’ve seen in 30 years.
    From. What I'm reading his technique is very good

Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    From. What I'm reading his technique is very good
    Indeed One of the O-line guys (maybe Baldinger?) evaluated his play and said Linderbaum is the best center prospect he’s possibly ever evaluated.

Of course, Draft season is rife with hyperbole…
    …but, I don’t necessarily disagree.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Not mock related but wanted others to see this on the main forum. The best draft profiles on the internet. Can't wait.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I'm posting this highlight reel of Calvin Austin III mainly because I want you guys to check out the true freshman QB Seth Henigan who is throwing him the ball. As I have admitted before I am no QB guru, but this young man has a very bright future it seems to me. Take a look and tell me what you think. Remember, true freshman...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3JCfuNkmgQ

You can also see how blazing fast Calvin Austin is.

BTW Henigan is the QB wearing 14. #3 is Brady White from previous seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Not mock related but wanted others to see this on the main forum. The best draft profiles on the internet. Can't wait.
    Their articles have so many pop-ups that I can’t read the content.

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

I like his intentions but a 35 year old coming off a season ending injury isnt the basket I prefer to put all my eggs in
    thats my sentiments as well. they need a better back up plan than adams. adams made some nice plays here and there ,but he was also on the field when teams were running all over them.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Their articles have so many pop-ups that I can’t read the content.
    Yeah. It’s impossible to even navigate that site anymore. Combine that with the “rumor-mill repeat” articles and it’s just a waste of time.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    thats my sentiments as well. they need a better back up plan than adams. adams made some nice plays here and there ,but he was also on the field when teams were running all over them.
    Tuitt likely isn’t returning… making D-line once again a high priority.

- - - Updated - - -

One thing to remember about Kenyon Green, he has played OT. Most think he would move to OG in the NFL, but his flexibility gives us a few options:

Moore - Dotson - Green - Green - R2-RT

Moore - Dotson - R2-C - Green - Green
    My brain keeps coming back to this…