Thread: Observation on a key play

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Observation on a key play

On Herbert’s last big run, when Heyward ran him down I have a couple observations:

First, Cam is making his case for DPOY

Second, who ever the keystone cops were that ran into each other and fell down and didn’t bother to try to help, if I am the coach you don’t get a hat next week, and if I am being honest, if that is the effort you are putting out on game day, you don’t need to be on the team.

Third, the fact that Tomlin is too dense to call a TO after that play to give the best defender on the team a breather shows that he lacks game time management skills. It was so obvious that the Chargers were going to run right at him as they hurried up to the line I was yelling at the dam TV to call a TO, but nope, Heyward got pushed back because he was gassed after running 50+ yards to save a TD.

Finally, to Canada, that is how you take advantage of a defense, that is how you call a play to take advantage of a situation in a game.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: Observation on a key play

Yet people bitched about Tomlin wasting timeouts earlier in the game during their final possession when they were down by 4 and only had one left...

Senior Member Array title="Buckinnuts is on a distinguished road"> Buckinnuts's Avatar

I thought I saw a chop block on Highsmith right before la scored the winning td

KNOCKIN ON 7'S DOOR!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buckinnuts View Post
    I thought I saw a chop block on Highsmith right before la scored the winning td
    You did. We noticed it, as well.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Considering that at least one of the guys that ran into each other got helped off the field by the training staff...not sure they were able to get up.

As to running at Heyward, not sure it had anything to do with him. Chargers have an awesome left side of the line and a Steelers-esque right side of the line. So they ran left, as the did often.

If you want to see hidden features of plays, watch the fourth down stop again. Ekeler is still twisting and churning but 2? (Allen?) comes in late and adds a push back to keep him short.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I noticed Devin bush looked lost half the time out there. Honestly I've lost my patience in him, the dude still looks like a rookie out there who doesn't know what he's doing. I'd be willing to give that a pass in his first or maybe even second year, but at this point, no. Not to mention when he gets in position to make a tackle he's soft as hell. Hope Buddy Johnson is ready to go next year.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Yet people bitched about Tomlin wasting timeouts earlier in the game during their final possession when they were down by 4 and only had one left...
    Yup. He doesnt use timouts to give a guy a breather. He wastes timeouts because the play clock is running down. Too bad the Steelers didnt look at any of the good young coaches last year in the off season like Rob Saleh, or Arthur Smith. That would have made a big difference.