Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Vs Chargers

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Steelers Vs Chargers

What do you all think?

The Chargers have fallen from the sky high start they had. They have the worst running defense in the league. Their offense can be potent.

Based on that info, we will out thing ourselves and abandon the run . . . Kidding. Harris should have another 100yd ground game this week. I expect Ben to be back so we should have an efficient passing game. Hoping our defense has a bounce back performance and slows the Chargers passing game enough for a W (which we need now after the vomit inducing game last weekend).

Prediction: Steelers 27 Chargers 20

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Re: Steelers Vs Chargers

I mean, I hope for a Steelers loss. But looking at it unemotionally, I just don’t know. The Bolts were looking great 1/3 of the way through the season and Bam! It’s like they completely morphed into another team. Like they lost their Austin Powers mojo. Meanwhile, the Steelers started playing better but only managed a tie with the Lions (not bragging as Baltimore needed an NFL record FG to beat Detroit).

Does Ben play? If not, does Rudolph play better than last Sunday? Seriously, who knows? I could see this being won by either team and either way I would not be surprised. At least the Chargers don’t have to fly 3,000 miles. That may make a difference.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

a lot depends on if TJ is healthy and can play and if Bush re-learns how to tackle.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I'm going 24-22 Pittsburgh. I will never really pick against the Steelers because I know when they play at their best, they can beat anybody and I always think they're going to play at their best.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

on Def...

Haden out .....

Loudermilk out ...

Watt Out ......

On Offense

Dotson out ...

Questions

Ben ???????

Minkah ???

Im leaning towards a Charger win all things considered , even if Ben can play he will not have thrown a pass to a team mate in about 12 days ( he cant be cleared before Saturday afternoon ) consequently the plane leaves at 3pm Saturday
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Even at 100%, Steelers going to the west coast is an auto-loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Even at 100%, Steelers going to the west coast is an auto-loss.
    We won with a Duck at QB in 2019, but alas, I don't disagree with you.

We started off the season with the offense taking an entire half to warm up, if Ben is back i'd say that'll be on the table Sunday with him 12 days absent from football.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Seems like TJ might be unplaying himself out of a historic season. I hope he’s back next week.

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

Looks like Ben is a go for Sunday night.

https://twitter.com/SteelersPRBurt/status/1462064157738549257?s=20

Article:

Ben Roethlisberger clears COVID-19 protocols to play vs. Chargers on Sunday night

Big Ben is back.

The Steelers announced Saturday morning that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has cleared the NFL’s COVID-19 protocols and will be activated to start against the Chargers on Sunday night.

As a precaution, Roethlisberger will fly separately from the Steelers’ team charter to Los Angeles.

Roethlisberger has not been great this season, but he’s been better than Mason Rudolph was last week starting in Roethlisberger’s place. The Steelers’ offense couldn’t do much and ended up in a tie game against the lowly Lions.

The Chargers opened as three-point favorites against the Steelers but became favored by as much as 6.5 points. With Roethlisberger now playing, the line will likely move in the Steelers’ direction before kickoff.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-sunday-night/

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

any word on Minkah ???

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

any word on Minkah ???
    As of dinner time yesterday he was not suiting up and was remaining on the COVID List.

any word on Minkah ???

damn ....

Norwood at Minkah spot ??

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

damn ....

Norwood at Minkah spot ??
    I like Norwood.

Will Karl Joseph get on the field?

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

on Def...

Haden out .....

Loudermilk out ...

Watt Out ......

On Offense

Dotson out ...

Questions

Ben ???????

Minkah ???

Im leaning towards a Charger win all things considered , even if Ben can play he will not have thrown a pass to a team mate in about 12 days ( he cant be cleared before Saturday afternoon ) consequently the plane leaves at 3pm Saturday

This. [NOTE: for Bayz101, I'm not being negative just objective here]

The Steelers usually do not play well on the West coast anyhow, but with all these injuries and Ben flying out there today with no practice for over a week ... not liking our chances. The best way to win this game is playing old style power run football and eat clock. Can our team and will our team do this? Probably not.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Chargers 26-17. We never play well out on the west coast and with watt out I don’t have much optimism

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    I like Norwood.

Will Karl Joseph get on the field?

he is more strong S than Free .... that would displace Edmunds to free and have 2 safeties in unfamiliar roles ... so I would imagine no unless its a few subpackage roles but not in base ..

still think Norwood at Free is the most likely scenario

Senior Member Array title="that1guy is a splendid one to behold">

31-13 Chargers. The Offense will remain anemic and with Ben back under center mobility goes out the window. Najee will still be the lone bright spot. On defense the conservative pass rush will do nothing but the real damage will be done against arguably the worst Secondary in the AFC.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

And with Watt now out trading Melvin Ingram isn't looking that smart.

Steelers Vs Chargers

Quote Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
    31-13 Chargers. The Offense will remain anemic and with Ben back under center mobility goes out the window. Najee will still be the lone bright spot. On defense the conservative pass rush will do nothing but the real damage will be done against arguably the worst Secondary in the AFC.
    There’s no mobility with Rudolph in there either. Ben at least moves around the pocket better than Rudolph…it’s really not close.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Mason or Ben, it's an uphill climb every week with this anemic offense.

The Steelers will win one down to the wire, or the Chargers will win by multiple touchdowns.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

So that means Dotson's out several weeks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I never expected watt to play this week. It's better he rest up for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

sadly

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

Minimum 3 weeks on IR

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Cool. Finney and Haussenwhatever. That should really stabilize the OL.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

We generally win games with defense. With no Watt, Minkah, or Haden I really see this one as being a super long shot.

Senior Member Array title="CV1 is a jewel in the rough"> CV1's Avatar

Let the ass kicking commence!