Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Player execution or coaching

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Re: Player execution or coaching

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    There might be something to that. Be interesting to see how they address the position without Brady around to lure FAs
    Yeah, all eyes are on Belichick now.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    Watching them or not, NE has a better record with a rookie QB a who knows RB and some idk group if WRs. We could keep on debating how our offensive talent is so great but wins and points seem to rule the day

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

hey now ....
    Rhamondre Stevenson was my guy during the draft process , he was the RB I wanted the steelers to draft .. My logic was simple you get a Back who can do all the things Harris can do at a much lower price tag and with the 1st round pick we could have selected a CB or QB or Tackle or Center or or or fill in your favorite whole in the depth chart ....
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    hey now ....
    Rhamondre Stevenson was my guy during the draft process , he was the RB I wanted the steelers to draft .. My logic was simple you get a Back who can do all the things Harris can do at a much lower price tag and with the 1st round pick we could have selected a CB or QB or Tackle or Center or or or fill in your favorite whole in the depth chart ....
    I'm with you. Same line of thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Stevenson got off to a bit of a rough start but he's looking good now.

Last edited by willy; 11-22-2021 at 03:15 PM.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Pats beat the Jets twice, the texans, Panthers, Browns, and the Falcons. I guess the Chargers is a 'good win'. Let's revisit this after the next 4 games.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Pats beat the Jets twice, the texans, Panthers, Browns, and the Falcons. I guess the Chargers is a 'good win'. Let's revisit this after the next 4 games.
    They’ll kill the titans this week. Double digit win.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Easy win for the Patriots and they move to the second seed in the playoffs at the moment...

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

The Patriots recipe is simple. They get guys that fit Belichick’s system, he doesn’t always get them right but a lot of time he does. They get guys that buy into the system and they do their job. If they don’t do their job, then Belichick finds the next guy on the roster that can do that job and sometimes finds a different job for the other guy. It’s really that simple.

Their defense is playing lights out. Judon has quietly been one of the best pass rushers in the league this season. They aren’t a talentless group of no names. Winovich, Judon, VanNoy, Hightower, McCourty…all very good players.
    I think that's the biggest difference (from what we Steelers fans are dealing with) is that Bellichick will take a chance on someone to see if they will fit what he needs but THEN has no hesitation to make the change if it's obvious it isn't working. Tomlin doesn't make changes until he's backed so far into a corner that he doesn't have a choice. At this point, I have NO IDEA what Tomlin wants the identity of the Steelers to be, what kind of offense, what kind of defensive scheme and I'm a STEELER FAN that's desperately been trying to figure it out. Doesn't send a good message if no one knows what your team is about after 15 years.

So Belichick goes against the popular grain and decides to run the ball and win this game by only attempting 3 passes in a game…against the mighty, mighty Bills. 46 of 49 plays were run in a very windy stadium. How many coaches are going to do that in this day and age?

Say what you want but when he designs a game plan, he clearly sticks to it…no need to get cute. Just again, keep it plain and simple…lol.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Bill Belicheck is to Mike Tomlin as Justin Ticker is to Boz.

Tucker is the greatest kicker the NFL has ever seen. At the same time, Boz is third ALL-TIME in the history of the NFL for kicking percentage. Let that sink in for a few seconds. If not for Boz playing at the same time as Tucker, Boz would be getting noticed as a first-ballot HOFer. Instead, I will randomly hear people say things like: “Boz is great, but he’s not as good as Tucker.” Well, no shit!!!

I trust that we can all extrapolate this analogy for Mike Tomlin…

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

Tucker is the greatest kicker the NFL has ever seen. At the same time, Boz is third ALL-TIME in the history of the NFL for kicking percentage. Let that sink in for a few seconds. If not for Boz playing at the same time as Tucker, Boz would be getting noticed as a first-ballot HOFer. Instead, I will randomly hear people say things like: “Boz is great, but he’s not as good as Tucker.” Well, no shit!!!

Very good analogy.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

Perfect analogy. Good work by you!!