Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bridge QBs

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Bridge QBs

I know there are a few threads about who will be the QB next year, and going forward. But I wanted to start one that dealt only with the bridge QB option. Since there are no franchise QBs in the draft or FA, and Mason is clearly not the guy, I think it's more likely than not they go the bridge route.

Looking at the FA 2022 list at QB brings a handful of bridge type QBs to the market. Do any of the names below hold interest (beyond the typical 'no way!')?

Bridgewater
    Brisset
    Winston
    Tyrod Taylor
    Dalton
    Fitzpatrick
    Trubisky
    Mariota
    Foles
    Jimmy G (Not a FA but likely to be cut)

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Bridge QBs

Ugh….that’s a brutal list. Id roll the dice with one of the last three but wouldn’t be excited about any of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Go for Rodgers

If that doesn’t work, maybe bring in Bridgewater….no pun intended

not closing the book on Rudolph yet, let’s see what he can do Sunday. He still might be good enough to hold serve next season but I think Bridgewater is a good option too.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Russell Wilson

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I expected the Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson responses.

- - - Updated - - -

Truth is I’d take every QB on that list above Mason Rudolph.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

I'm interested in Trubisky. He has talent and maybe he can breakout similar to Ryan Tannehill with the Titans.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    I'm interested in Trubisky. He has talent and maybe he can breakout similar to Ryan Tannehill with the Titans.
    I feel the same way about Mariota. They have similar games.

Senior Member Array title="CV1 is a jewel in the rough"> CV1's Avatar

Just let it sink in… Rudy WILL BE QB1 in 2022.

Sure he’s horrible, but he’s our horrible and cheap QB.

We will draft Mordecai in the 3rd with our second pick of that round.

<puts down to doobie and exhales>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="that1guy is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I know there are a few threads about who will be the QB next year, and going forward. But I wanted to start one that dealt only with the bridge QB option. Since there are no franchise QBs in the draft or FA, and Mason is clearly not the guy, I think it's more likely than not they go the bridge route.

Looking at the FA 2022 list at QB brings a handful of bridge type QBs to the market. Do any of the names below hold interest (beyond the typical 'no way!')?

Bridgewater
    Brisset
    Winston
    Tyrod Taylor
    Dalton
    Fitzpatrick
    Trubisky
    Mariota
    Foles
    Jimmy G (Not a FA but likely to be cut)
    How can you say there are No franchise QBs in this draft? Seems a bit early to call

Quote Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
    How can you say there are No franchise QBs in this draft? Seems a bit early to call
    No apparent ones. Obviously no ones knows for 2-3 after the draft.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

If I have to pick one, Mariota. I suspect he is the closest guy on that list to what Canada would say he wanted in an ideal QB.

Honestly, if they are not sure they got a franchise guy in this draft....then I would rather role with Rudolphaskins and just get the guy in 22.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

I expected the Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson responses.

- - - Updated - - -

Truth is I’d take every QB on that list above Mason Rudolph.
    it’s natural to prefer Wilson or Rodgers when you see the names on that list. Everyone of them has flaws. Marriotta has no pocket presence and is inaccurate, Bridgewater is not very mobile and is reluctant to throw deep, etc….

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I think it would be good to bring in an older vet backup that can serve as a mentor to a younger QB (one that won't cost too much money and certainly not one that will cost a 1st round pick).

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    If I have to pick one, Mariota. I suspect he is the closest guy on that list to what Canada would say he wanted in an ideal QB.

Honestly, if they are not sure they got a franchise guy in this draft....then I would rather role with Rudolphaskins and just get the guy in 22.
    If there’s no path to Rodgers or Wilson this is probably the way to go

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

What was the last season Mariota completed? Dudes fragile.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Maybe another week of Rudolph will cure everyone from this idea of rolling with him in 22.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Maybe another week of Rudolph will cure everyone from this idea of rolling with him in 22.
    I'm already cured.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I'll gladly go 0-17 with Rudolph if it means they draft their next first ballot HOF QB the year after

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

From that list, i'd take:

Winston
    Fitzpatrick
    Bridgewater
    Jimmy G

- - - Updated - - -

I'll gladly go 0-17 with Rudolph if it means they draft their next first ballot HOF QB the year after
    Knowing the Steelers they'll go 8-8-1 and draft Bubby Brister in round 4

Still better than Haskins. In fact I’d take Dobbs over that lazy bum.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

DS, you start these threads and then spend the entire time defending them. Why is that? People are getting so offended when someone either disagrees or offers a different idea. Not just on this board, but everywhere. This is just a microcosm.

There is only one QB on this list that I would be interested in. Certainly don’t want to get too far away from the thread, since that’s what I bitch about.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    DS, you start these threads and then spend the entire time defending them. Why is that? People are getting so offended when someone either disagrees or offers a different idea. Not just on this board, but everywhere. This is just a microcosm.

There is only one QB on this list that I would be interested in. Certainly don’t want to get too far away from the thread, since that’s what I bitch about.
    And you spend all your time on here trying to be the thread police, trying to control conversations and chastise people for getting off topic. It's called conversation. People make points and others make counterpoints. So why don't you contribute something to the actual topic?

Mariota had a couple good years in Tenn. I can't remember the specifics on why things went south. I think injuries were involved and the coaching staff went cold on him IIRC. I'd like to see it.

And you spend all your time on here trying to be the thread police, trying to control conversations and chastise people for getting off topic. It's called conversation. People make points and others make counterpoints. So why don't you contribute something to the actual topic?

We all have our cross to bear… or is it bare….dude give it a rest. You get pissed when anyone says boo to you….and I do contribute, you are just not will to see it.
    Funny how you went after me for that and weren’t even interested in the one person on the list that I liked. Does that say something about you or me? I have no clue.

We all have our cross to bear… or is it bare….dude give it a rest. You get pissed when anyone says boo to you….and I do contribute, you are just not will to see it.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny how you went after me for that and weren’t even interested in the one person on the list that I liked. Does that say something about you or me? I have no clue.
    I asked you to contribute. So do so if you want but stop worrying about everyone else's posting style. You're the only one who ever seems to complain.

I asked you to contribute. So do so if you want but stop worrying about everyone else's posting style. You're the only one who ever seems to complain.
    Ok….here is my contribution……The only QB from that list of “Bridge QB” that I like is actually Bridgewater. There is not another QB that I like.

…and your question was…..”do any of those names below hold interest?”

And you really need to evaluate your definition of “complain”.

Ok….here is my contribution……The only QB from that list of “Bridge QB” that I like is actually Bridgewater. There is not another QB that I like.

…and your question was…..”do any of those names below hold interest?”

And you really need to evaluate your definition of “complain”.
    I like Bridgewater. I’m guessing that Denver won’t try to resign him and his market will be small. I think the Steelers are a playoff team with him next year. Good choice.

I like Bridgewater. I’m guessing that Denver won’t try to resign him and his market will be small. I think the Steelers are a playoff team with him next year. Good choice.
    I’d actually take him for two years if we need to. He is still playing at a high level. No one ever considered him as a franchise QB, but the man can play….. (on a side note) feel for him, never getting settled in one place with one Coach.

I’d actually take him for two years if we need to. He is still playing at a high level. No one ever considered him as a franchise QB, but the man can play….. (on a side note) feel for him, never getting settled in one place with one Coach.
    Yeah some guys just get the label of a bridge and that’s his story. He’s still young and in the right situation, on a winning team, he could possibly thrive. Kind of like a Rich Gannon scenario.

Vikings drafted Bridgewater to be their franchise QB until he blew out his knee in practice. He’s still a good QB, has good pocket presence and a good arm, even if he is less mobile. I would prefer the Steelers take him over someone like Mariota