Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apparently Haskins era is over before it even started

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

Apparently Haskins era is over before it even started

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Apparently Haskins era is over before it even started

Well if Aditi said it, it's got to be true

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

That's a hard hitting report.

I heard Haskins is plotting the overthrow of the local school board.

It's true. The guy who pushes the Gatorade cart told me.

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

Okay. Sorry I didn't know that Aditi is discredited as a source here. Mods, can you please delete this thread.

Послато са Redmi Note 9 Pro помоћу Тапатока

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drazo85 View Post
    Okay. Sorry I didn't know that Aditi is discredited as a source here. Mods, can you please delete this thread.
    Don't see why. It's pretty much the truth. MR has shown himself to be a career clipboard holder and Haskins had an attitude problem with the Redskins (sorry, not saying WFT).

Roethlisberger's heir apparent is clearly not on the roster yet. Just hope we don't have to wait another decade or two like we did the last time.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

It isn't that Aditi is discredited as a source or that the thread should be deleted. It is more that these definitive reports come out every few weeks about this or that either Steelers specific or on some other NFL team. And they almost never come true.

If the team was truly "out" on Haskins, the higher ups would let it be known. Not like Tomlin or Colbert are super shy about telling guys what they think.

Aditi has her opinion that she is trying to back with unnamed random staffers. Remember when everyone was doing that around AB and the "lost the locker room" narrative when AB went loco and left town. Turns out exactly ZERO of those "unnamed team staffers" had any clue what was actually going on.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

No need to delete the thread, but maybe the title is a little clicky. Before I even opened the thread, I checked to see if he'd been cut.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Don't see why. It's pretty much the truth. MR has shown himself to be a career clipboard holder and Haskins had an attitude problem with the Redskins (sorry, not saying WFT).

Roethlisberger's heir apparent is clearly not on the roster yet. Just hope we don't have to wait another decade or two like we did the last time.
    I agree. (just not with the disparaging team name).

I saw the first tweet a couple days ago and thought that Haskins could be adjusting his music on his phone, but still warming up terribly. But now that I see the response to that and that team officials were talking about Haskins lack of focus with regards to pre game warmup and standing next to Aditi, then I believe that the young man just isnt into it and likely wont be back next season.

If you cant get up on gameday, when you know that Rudolph is one concussion away from placing you under center as the QB, then maybe you just dont want to be a starting NFL QB.

Ugggghhhhh. This is why the internet is dumb.

It is entirely possible that Haskins is a useless moron without the required drive to be successful in the NFL.

Or it is possible that he does and a bunch of grumpy folks didn't like his body language and then it went on Twitter.

Either way....we don't actually know anything.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Ugggghhhhh. This is why the internet is dumb.

It is entirely possible that Haskins is a useless moron without the required drive to be successful in the NFL.

Or it is possible that he does and a bunch of grumpy folks didn't like his body language and then it went on Twitter.

Either way....we don't actually know anything.
    We know his history, it's up to him to prove he's serious about playing football. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    We know his history, it's up to him to prove he's serious about playing football. Time will tell.
    Right but one random afternoon where the assistant ball boy, the third string Gatorade stirrer, and some other "staffer" made derisive comments to impress a reporter really doesn't clarify the situation.

Right but one random afternoon where the assistant ball boy, the third string Gatorade stirrer, and some other "staffer" made derisive comments to impress a reporter really doesn't clarify the situation.
    Totally agree.

Right now, I'm thinking that Jimmy G or Marriotta is going to be behind center next year.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Of course the Steelers are disappointed that Haskins has realized his full potential and is relegated to 3rd string and looks to not be taking things seriously - if he was he wouldn’t be in this situation- he’s a goof off - that’s no revelation

Rudolph is what? A fourth round draft pick looking like a good backup - that’s not a revelation either. It would only be disappointing if he were taken in the first round.

and Ben is playing like his age…..

Mason was R3/pick 76. My only disappointment with him is that appears to be no growth or improvement in his game. At all.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Agreed, he will write his own history.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Mason was R3/pick 76. My only disappointment with him is that appears to be no growth or improvement in his game. At all.
    correct me if I’m wrong but it looks like he’s starting against the chargers. Let’s see how he does with a full week of practice and hopefully the receivers help him out by holding onto the ball (I know it was raining last week but still at that level in crucial situation….)

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    correct me if I’m wrong but it looks like he’s starting against the chargers. Let’s see how he does with a full week of practice and hopefully the receivers help him out by holding onto the ball (I know it was raining last week but still at that level in crucial situation….)
    yeah it looked like to me in the 4Q and OT Mason was moving the ball until the receivers coughed the ball up, that's not on him.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

the reporter has been on the NFL beat for around a decade, is a Cornell grad with a solid resume as a journalist. Its not some blogger making crap up from their moms basement. This is somebody that has access to the Steelers building and that the late Mr. Rooney used to have conversations with about life and football.

I take it as a much better source of info than BTSC or the Depot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    yeah it looked like to me in the 4Q and OT Mason was moving the ball until the receivers coughed the ball up, that's not on him.
    The thing is that his overthrow for the first INT was again him not moving his feet and sailing the football. Same stuff that he was doing in college that lead to inaccurate passes. Same thing on the missed pass to McLeod in the end zone when the Lions double covered PatFry.

If he has been in the NFL for 4 seasons and still hasnt corrected the things that he didnt do well mechanically in college, which lead to INT's, then there is little indication he will improve those things going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    the reporter has been on the NFL beat for around a decade, is a Cornell grad with a solid resume as a journalist. Its not some blogger making crap up from their moms basement. This is somebody that has access to the Steelers building and that the late Mr. Rooney used to have conversations with about life and football.

I take it as a much better source of info than BTSC or the Depot.
    Meh.

It is an unsubstantiated "report" of an opinion on Twitter. Not exactly a hard-hitting investigation into the status of player.

It may be true and it is just about equally possible that it is mountain out of a mole-hill.

That is all I am saying. This same reporter and many others have breathlessly "reported" stuff on Twitter from "unnamed team staffers" before. And it was a whole lot of absolutely nothing. Why do we start with the assumption it is any different this time?

. . Why do we start with the assumption it is any different this time?
    Maybe because of his time in Washington and the history there?

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Maybe because of his time in Washington and the history there?

Again...meh?

It is all about how much credence you want to give random noise on the internet and whether you want to be optimistic or pessimistic about a particular player.

Aditi has never really broken significant news or demonstrated that she has a conduit for true insider information.

Honestly, I don't expect Haskins to make the final roster next year. I figure he gets squeezed out by a draft pick and then whatever "bridge" vet nonsense they sign to start an Rudolph gets conned into staying around as the back-up.

But...random Twitter Tuesday just isn't gonna make me sit up and take notice.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

in Haskins' defense, he did need to check his messages to see what time he was supposed to meet the stripper after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    in Haskins' defense, he did need to check his messages to see what time he was supposed to meet the stripper after the game.
    +

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Apparently Haskins era is over before it even started

She doubled down on it…

It’s of course possible, Bucky. But it just so happens I was standing next to multiple members of the team’s staff who were pointing out his lack of focus, his sub-par warm-up passes and their disappointment in his maturation. That’s why I tried to illustrate: he’s not the savior

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Good thread. It is absolutely worth discussing.

NOTE: There is a feud going on between Aditi and Tomlin. It’s subtle, but there is something not quite “right” going on between the two of them.

Personally, Haskins doesn't worry me one way or the other. It's becoming clear that the team truly plans on redshirting Haskins this year. So it's all about OTAs and camp in 22.

Worst case they're out some time if Haskins doesn't even make it that far.

That's the key thing with Haskins, he still doesn't really cost the team anything.

He can't hurt the team they can only still win they're Haskins lottery ticket.

Tomlin shouldn't tolerate a lazy goof off (specially one that has contributed absolutely nothing), if Haskins is indeed that he should be gone - for the team's sake.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Good thread. It is absolutely worth discussing.

NOTE: There is a feud going on between Aditi and Tomlin. It’s subtle, but there is something not quite “right” going on between the two of them.
    That's why I didn't give her tweet a second thought. She's gone postal and wasn't the same as a few years ago. Just like a bunch of other 2 year olds on Twitter. SMDH

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    that does concern me from a coaching perspective although the greatest coaches in the world can't make a guy better that perhaps had already reached his ceiling before entering the league ( not saying that is the case but it could be )

what concerns me even more is the Front office supposedly had a 1st round grade on him ..........

that doesnt give me a lot of hope moving forward in search of the Next Great one
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    that does concern me from a coaching perspective although the greatest coaches in the world can't make a guy better that perhaps had already reached his ceiling before entering the league ( not saying that is the case but it could be )

what concerns me even more is the Front office supposedly had a 1st round grade on him ..........

that doesnt give me a lot of hope moving forward in search of the Next Great one
    who was the last QB that Colbert drafted and got right?

and it wasn't Ben, Rooney had to step in and prevent Colbert and Cowher from drafting Shawn Andrews instead.