Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DJ vs. AB

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Re: DJ vs. AB

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    What was he supposed to be doing on the sideline at the exact second that the camera was on him, while the defense was on the field?
    Lots of things he could be doing other than holding a pity party for himself.

Talk to coaches and QB about what to do when they get the ball back. Looking over the play he fumbled and seeing from what side Gilbert came to swat the football, so he can learn from the play. Watching the defense make plays and get them the ball back and being ready to go on the field and win the game.

The Steelers had 13 offensive plays in the game, after the fumble and Johnson accounted for 1 of them, a reception of 10 yards. Did he check out and give up, or did coaches or Rudolph not send the ball his way because he mentally checked out? I dont know, but he didnt exactly look like a guy that had much fight left in him.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Lots of things he could be doing other than holding a pity party for himself.

Talk to coaches and QB about what to do when they get the ball back. Looking over the play he fumbled and seeing from what side Gilbert came to swat the football, so he can learn from the play. Watching the defense make plays and get them the ball back and being ready to go on the field and win the game.

The Steelers had 13 offensive plays in the game, after the fumble and Johnson accounted for 1 of them, a reception of 10 yards. Did he check out and give up, or did coaches or Rudolph not send the ball his way because he mentally checked out? I dont know, but he didnt exactly look like a guy that had much fight left in him.
    You're being very subjective there.

And why would the camera show any of that? Maybe he was doing those things, but that part isn't good TV. When the ball gets turned over the camera always goes to the closeup of the sullen-faced offender. I think you're reading waaaaay too much into it.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    You're being very subjective there.

And why would the camera show any of that? Maybe he was doing those things, but that part isn't good TV. When the ball gets turned over the camera always goes to the closeup of the sullen-faced offender. I think you're reading waaaaay too much into it.
    Maybe he was doing those things. I recall some other times over the past couple seasons where he dropped passes or had a fumble and seems to do the same thing.

We see things based upon our experiences and I can think of a lot of athletes that I have known, who react that way and also a lot that can move on and are just itching for the next opportunity to make an impact. The guys that are never out of it until the clock reads 0:00 are the ones that I want to compete with. The guys that are more interested in dwelling on a mistake in the past, rather than being in the moment to compete are best left on the bench, until they are ready to do something about it, in my experience.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I’m glad you brought the fumbles up as the example. He has gone from 13 last year to zero this year. Clearly, he was doing more than pouting about it.

That data is objective, not subjective.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Another way of looking at it is we should have NEVER let Gilbert slip through our fingers ... its already cost us a WIN ...........
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    Another way of looking at it is we should have NEVER let Gilbert slip through our fingers ... its already cost us a WIN ...........
    What are you talking about?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I was waiting for someone to bring that up.

Conveniently forgetting that Gilbert got roasted in coverage on the play.