Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers vs Lions post game. No "gameballs" given.

Senior Member Array title="that1guy is a splendid one to behold">

Re: Steelers vs Lions post game. No "gameballs" given.

The position (long term) has been a work in progress. The team has been poorly coached for the better part of a decade. The Steelers underperforming is a theme that has and will haunt the Tomlin legacy for ever. The franchise has put itself in a precarious position, Ben is sure to retire at the end of the season and Tomlin has not earned the chance to remain Head coach. The problems troubling the Steelers haven't improved and they won't improve under Mike Tomlin. It's up to the Rooneys to ask themselves what they are willing to do in order to move towards a Superbowl appearance or even a playoff win after 5 seasons.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Run defense was pretty bad, specially Bush. Wth is wrong with that guy? He needs to go back to the lab and work on his tackling technique. Not impressed with Highsmith either. Goats for DJ and PF as well - they need to learn to hold onto the ball.

Najee, TJ and Cam deserve gameballs for their efforts. Harvins punting looked better.

sidenote: Rudolph is ok. He’s shown himself to be pretty much a backup (as others have said). Now the Steelers at least don’t have to waste time and can prepare to replace Ben through the draft or FA/trade.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
    The position (long term) has been a work in progress. The team has been poorly coached for the better part of a decade. The Steelers underperforming is a theme that has and will haunt the Tomlin legacy for ever. The franchise has put itself in a precarious position, Ben is sure to retire at the end of the season and Tomlin has not earned the chance to remain Head coach. The problems troubling the Steelers haven't improved and they won't improve under Mike Tomlin. It's up to the Rooneys to ask themselves what they are willing to do in order to move towards a Superbowl appearance or even a playoff win after 5 seasons.
    Tomlin’s not going anywhere. They would have to go through two consecutive bad seasons before his seat gets hot.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    Run defense was pretty bad, specially Bush. Wth is wrong with that guy? He needs to go back to the lab and work on his tackling technique. Not impressed with Highsmith either. Goats for DJ and PF as well - they need to learn to hold onto the ball.

Najee, TJ and Cam deserve gameballs for their efforts. Harvins punting looked better.

sidenote: Rudolph is ok. He’s shown himself to be pretty much a backup (as others have said). Now the Steelers at least don’t have to waste time and can prepare to replace Ben through the draft or FA/trade.

Well, Bush is leading the dong vote at BTSC.

Also agree on Mason, yet fickle fans continue to respond like he was a R1 pick.

Poll

Who is the Steelers "Dud of the Week" for Week 10?

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    I hope the team finishes 5-3-9
    dumbest post of the year

- - - Updated - - -

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Watching the Lions kicker miss horribly (a week after the Bears kicker couldn’t even come close on a long kick) makes me really appreciate Boz. There was a stat that he has 14 FGs over 50 yards at Heinz Field… and all other kickers are combined for 4.

My game ball goes to Boz.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Two more things…

The Steelers didn’t capitalize on early field position. I mentioned the high throw on the second drive, and there was an INT on the third drive. Both occurred at about the same field position: in Lions territory around the 45. Two FGs on those two drives changes the game dynamics. Being up 13-0 forces the Lions to pass (which they couldn’t do).

Even then, we forced our third punt of the game. (The INT didn’t really hurt us.) We punt… and the spark that the Lions needed came in a long return. Boom!!! Field position is flipped, they score a TD, and the flow of the game is forever changed.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    dumbest post of the year

- - - Updated - - -

I guess you haven't seen Willys/Tom444's work. But I guess only real moderators would know his work. Shouldn't you be driving Ben's morning coffee over to him now. Oh wait he's on the COVID list, bring him soup instead.

Senior Member Array title="that1guy is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    Tomlin’s not going anywhere. They would have to go through two consecutive bad seasons before his seat gets hot.
    Tomlin doesn't deserve to keep his although your correct, he will most likely be the coach for the foreseeable future. My point is team issues (like the secondary) don't get fixed under Tomlin. The same problems are there year in and year out, with Tomlins recent playoff record I would think there was talk

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

if there is a game ball its Boz ... he just consistently does his job week in and week out and the 50+ yarders in the " hardest venue to kick in " he is simply Boz-A-Matic
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    if there is a game ball its Boz ... he just consistently does his job week in and week out and the 50+ yarders in the " hardest venue to kick in " he is simply Boz-A-Matic
    Not to mention in flat out horrible conditions yesterday. And if we had a real OC that could draw up a 5 yard out play that doesn't end up 10 yards from the sidelines Boz would have had a shot at a 55 yarder to win it.

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    I think that'd get us into the playoffs honestly
    Ties are counted as half a win and half a loss. So 5-3-9 would be 9.5-7.5. Ahead of 9-8 teams!

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Boz best player on team. This team is actually worst than I thought, coaching staff completely pathetic too. Sorry, I juat don't think I can stomach watching anymore games this year. I'm not going to humiliate myself thinking they can beat anyone. Pathetic team and coaching.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Boz best player on team. This team is actually worst than I thought, coaching staff completely pathetic too. Sorry, I juat don't think I can stomach watching anymore games this year. I'm not going to humiliate myself thinking they can beat anyone. Pathetic team and coaching.
    How do you think Bucs and Cardinals fans felt yesterday?

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    How do you think Bucs and Cardinals fans felt yesterday?
    They probably cant stomach watching any more games either. Probably giving up on their NFL teams and going to watch NHL instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post

Also agree on Mason, yet fickle fans continue to respond like he was a R1 pick.
    He was drafted in the 3-5 round range....Bubby Brister (3), O'Donnell (3), Dennis Dixon (5), Landry Jones (4). That's his class. Those are flawed starters to Good Backups (Brister and O'Donnell) and 2nd Tier Backups (Dixon and Jones). Mason falls somewhere in the middle (i still think he's a good backup). Exactly where he was picked. We are comparing him to a top 10 pick (Ben). If we want someone comparable to Ben we better figure out a way to get Rodgers, cause i doubt we can get a comparable top 10 pick in the draft next year.

anyway, PF and DJ's fumbles made Rudolph look worse than he was.

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    I guess you haven't seen Willys/Tom444's work. But I guess only real moderators would know his work. Shouldn't you be driving Ben's morning coffee over to him now. Oh wait he's on the COVID list, bring him soup instead.

Are you as miserable as literally every one of your posts reads? I mean seriously, I just read three out of your last four and I feel like I need a lexapro.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bayz101 View Post

Are you as miserable as literally every one of your posts reads? I mean seriously, I just read three out of your last four and I feel like I need a lexapro.
    For the record…I usually am.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    lol that impersonation is on point

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

"That's Detroit... They gotta steal somethin'."

Every Post? Really? Good I was aiming for that. I had to Google what Lexapro even was, so I'm sorry you're depressed.

Everyone I LOVE Bayz101.

There I posted something nice so you can no longer say I'm miserable in every post.

not sure what makes you say that?

I have always found EzraTank to be a very good poster.

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

not sure what makes you say that?

I have always found EzraTank to be a very good poster.
    I cannot vouch for everything he has ever posted, I guess better wording would've been "everyone of your latest posts", which in my experience, had been entirely ridiculously negative. If every post I see from someone in 10 consecutive occasions is negative it just annoys me.

I'm sorry, I'm a generally positive person, but god forbid we have a losing season once in 20+ years. And we aren't even on that trajectory at this point.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Wait till you meet Steeldude

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Wait till you meet Steeldude

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

I cannot vouch for everything he has ever posted, I guess better wording would've been "everyone of your latest posts", which in my experience, had been entirely ridiculously negative. If every post I see from someone in 10 consecutive occasions is negative it just annoys me.

I'm sorry, I'm a generally positive person, but god forbid we have a losing season once in 20+ years. And we aren't even on that trajectory at this point.
    If you are reading a GDT you are 100% correct. I get passionate during the games then I'm mellow the rest of the week.

Drvlspwr Array title="Steel Peon has a reputation beyond repute"> Steel Peon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    Ravens. Ugly loss. Browns. Blown out. Steelers. Tie. So much for the vaunted AFCN.
    It's not the toughest division, but it will continue to be the most entertaining division.

- - - Updated - - -

UrinatingTree - Detroit Lions vs Pittsburgh Steelers (November 14, 2021) - The Greatest Game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNUAm1I_bu8
    “They say you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone. So I got rid of everything to see what I had.” ~ Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Peon View Post
    It's not the toughest division, but it will continue to be the most entertaining division.

- - - Updated - - -

UrinatingTree - Detroit Lions vs Pittsburgh Steelers (November 14, 2021) - The Greatest Game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNUAm1I_bu8
    The whole conference is turning out to be entertaining- wouldn’t surprise me if we and NE are division champs - again