Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Diontae Johnson

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Diontae Johnson

Photo that I give to my kids:

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Ball carriers are taught: Fingertips (claw form around tip of ball), palm, forearm, bicep and chest. 6th point would be ball carriers free stem covering ball.
    That is a bit much for DJ to remember.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Ball carriers are taught: Fingertips (claw form around tip of ball), palm, forearm, bicep and chest. 6th point would be ball carriers free stem covering ball.
    I always thought that all of that was considered three points of contact: hand, arm, chest.

But, if it is indeed now called six points, then DJ fulfilled those requirements… and also turned away from the defender (making his own shoulder the thing most likely to be hit by the DB’s punch).

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Maybe can’t count that high?

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I always thought that all of that was considered three points of contact: hand, arm, chest.

But, if it is indeed now called six points, then DJ fulfilled those requirements… and also turned away from the defender (making his own shoulder the thing most likely to be hit by the DB’s punch).
    I always went with 4 points of contact. The hand and fingers count as the same.

But maybe its like "8-minute abs". Stuff is always progressing.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post

Ya got fingers but ya gotta have that palm on the ball…lol

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post

I’ve been using the “0-minute abs” for years.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Ray Rice??

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Ray Rice??
    There’s a point of contact​ joke in there somewhere…

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Is this pic taken in an elevator?

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Is this pic taken in an elevator?

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

86 catches 1028 yards, 6 TDs in 13 games.

Keep it up DJ. Darryl Drake is smiling.

The more important thing to me is that he’s made a lot less mental errors in game than he has in the past.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Imagine if DJ was in KC or GB... Hopefully we get lucky with a QB next year.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Imagine if DJ was in KC or GB... Hopefully we get lucky with a QB next year.
    I have thought that he would be a missing piece in Seattle. Their passing game basically only works vertically right now. But add DJ to that mix? Look out. Metcalf and Lockett rip the top off defenses and DJ just slices through them underneath...

Banned Array title="Lloydwoodsonjr is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I have thought that he would be a missing piece in Seattle. Their passing game basically only works vertically right now. But add DJ to that mix? Look out. Metcalf and Lockett rip the top off defenses and DJ just slices through them underneath...
    This doesn't make any sense. DJ is a very similar player to Lockett. He could be a replacement for him because 2023 will probably be Lockett's last year with Seattle as they eat an absurd dead cap hit and Lockett turns 32.

Metcalf will sign a monster contract after next season. If the Seahawks signed DJ they would be paying over $50M for those three WR in 2023.

The Seahawks are too conservative offensively for it to make sense to load up at WR and need to invest in their depleted defense and OL.

It's kind of shocking to hear Steelers fans advocate for a Matt Millen approach to team building but I guess our philosophy really has shifted that much under Tomlin.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lloydwoodsonjr View Post
    This doesn't make any sense. DJ is a very similar player to Lockett. He could be a replacement for him because 2023 will probably be Lockett's last year with Seattle as they eat an absurd dead cap hit and Lockett turns 32.

Metcalf will sign a monster contract after next season. If the Seahawks signed DJ they would be paying over $50M for those three WR in 2023.

The Seahawks are too conservative offensively for it to make sense to load up at WR and need to invest in their depleted defense and OL.

It's kind of shocking to hear Steelers fans advocate for a Matt Millen approach to team building but I guess our philosophy really has shifted that much under Tomlin.
    Dj and his ability to get off the line and then work horizontally in the passing game would be a perfect complement to Metcalf and Lockett's vertical game.

Not sure what is so controversial or complicated about that....but I'm guessing you just saw who posted it and decided to start yet another debate on Tomlin.

While we are at it, can we also turn this thread into a COVID debate???

Diontae Johnson took Devious Licks on Tik-Tok in a whole new direction. He gave multiple people COVID via run by licking. But...he was making one handed grabs of tennis balls while doing it. Demonstrated incredible focus and concentration.

Joe Greene is scheduled to give an interview tomorrow on morning drive time radio to weigh in.

Mark Madden has reportedly had an aneurysm.

Ed Bouchette has not woke up from his nap yet.

DK will only tell you what he thinks if you send him crypto payment directly.

Mike Tomlin was unavailable for comment because he was out Christmas shopping for Aaron Rodgers.

Diontae Johnson took Devious Licks on Tik-Tok in a whole new direction. He gave multiple people COVID via run by licking. But...he was making one handed grabs of tennis balls while doing it. Demonstrated incredible focus and concentration.

Joe Greene is scheduled to give an interview tomorrow on morning drive time radio to weigh in.

Mike Tomlin was unavailable for comment because he was out Christmas shopping for Aaron Rodgers.
    Post. Of. The. Day!!!

Diontae Johnson

You serious about the Mike Tomlin thing Mojouw?

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

What ever happened to talking about football at a football message board????

I'm really sick of all this shit. I am coming here to talk about football and to try to enjoy myself. It sure would be nice to be able to talk about the Pittsburgh Steelers and not listen to a political pissing contest in nearly every single thread.

Banned Array title="Lloydwoodsonjr is a splendid one to behold">

Dj and his ability to get off the line and then work horizontally in the passing game would be a perfect complement to Metcalf and Lockett's vertical game.

Not sure what is so controversial or complicated about that....but I'm guessing you just saw who posted it and decided to start yet another debate on Tomlin.
    $50M+ against the cap for 3 receivers...

The Seahawks OL is as bad as ours. How much time does Ben have to find deep receivers? Ben has the fastest time to throw but has been sacked 33 times. I don't think ballooning the WR salaries from under $15M for the entire corps to over $50M for three receivers would fix all our problems... but I guess that would make us elite? Shouldn't have signed Watt though because can't afford. Got to make room for receivers. All the receivers. So many points.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloydwoodsonjr View Post
    $50M+ against the cap for 3 receivers...

The Seahawks OL is as bad as ours. How much time does Ben have to find deep receivers? Ben has the fastest time to throw but has been sacked 33 times. I don't think ballooning the WR salaries from under $15M for the entire corps to over $50M for three receivers would fix all our problems... but I guess that would make us elite? Shouldn't have signed Watt though because can't afford. Got to make room for receivers. All the receivers. So many points.
    You are having a discussion that no one was attempting to start. Or, at least I was not.

I just pointed out that the things that DJ is really good at, and as some (or at least myself) have mentioned on here before that those things are underrated by Steelers fans, would be extremely beneficial to the Seahawks current mismatched roster.

Never said that it could or should happen. Just that if you could magically wave your hands and have his skillset in that offense -- it would look real purty.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post

I'm really sick of all this shit. I am coming here to talk about football and to try to enjoy myself. It sure would be nice to be able to talk about the Pittsburgh Steelers and not listen to a political pissing contest in nearly every single thread.
    Thank you.

Amen PC!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Well said Pete!

I mentioned this down in the pissing contest threads probably a year ago that it would only be a matter of time before this BS would work its way up here. This same issue happened on a guitar forum I visit. They had a section like the soapbox which turned into a complete crap show. The owner shut down that part of the forum and made a rule that being nice would be the #1 rule of the forum. If you couldn't be nice to other members you were gone. The forum has 125K members and normally has 800-1000 or more online at a time. Most of the people causing the strife were never really there to talk about guitars, but rather to stir up crap, and they never returned. The mods work became a lot easier and the entire forum became a much more pleasant place.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Well said Pete!

I mentioned this down in the pissing contest threads probably a year ago that it would only be a matter of time before this BS would work its way up here. This same issue happened on a guitar forum I visit. They had a section like the soapbox which turned into a complete crap show. The owner shut down that part of the forum and made a rule that being nice would be the #1 rule of the forum. If you couldn't be nice to other members you were gone. The forum has 125K members and normally has 800-1000 or more online at a time. Most of the people causing the strife were never really there to talk about guitars, but rather to stir up crap, and they never returned. The mods work became a lot easier and the entire forum became a much more pleasant place.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

sure, make em all play, walter payton once rushed for 2 TD's and 150 yards with a flu. pansies