Thread: Chase Claypool Injury news

Senior Member Array title="that1guy is a splendid one to behold">

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Chase Claypool Injury news

Well that’s good news.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

NP today. I think he'll be out this Sunday.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Washington’s chance to prove to the world that he’s a legit #2. I hope he succeeds.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I don't think any of these receivers can prove much of anything with this QB/OC combination.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    Washington’s chance to prove to the world that he’s a legit #2. I hope he succeeds.

he hasnt thus far and he has had playing time with JuJu out , Claypool nicked up , DJ missed time .... he's gotten quite a bit of snaps just not many targets or receptions ... QB's tend to throw it else where when you fail to get separation
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    combat catching is his specialty, has no separation speed or not much quickness either that I’ve seen. As much as they were head cases, AB and MB were pretty good speed burners and created a lot of separation, this current group except maybe DJ not so much.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Claypool officially ruled out. Do they bring up Miller?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Unpopular opinion: James Washington is not a viable NFL WR and was not a good draft pick since his lack of NFL athletic talent was evident in his pre-draft testing and college game tape. Washington wins on toughness and scheme to help him succeed. That's cool in college but not in most NFL offenses.

There is also some "blame" to toss Washington's way here as well. He seems to be convinced that he can still be a downfield vertical threat in the NFL, despite all evidence to the contrary. Why he has not redoubled his efforts to become a better blocker and short area middle of the field "possession" receiver seems odd to me.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

more unpopular opinion, instead of james washington we got george washington, worth only $1

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Unpopular opinion: James Washington is not a viable NFL WR and was not a good draft pick since his lack of NFL athletic talent was evident in his pre-draft testing and college game tape. Washington wins on toughness and scheme to help him succeed. That's cool in college but not in most NFL offenses.

There is also some "blame" to toss Washington's way here as well. He seems to be convinced that he can still be a downfield vertical threat in the NFL, despite all evidence to the contrary. Why he has not redoubled his efforts to become a better blocker and short area middle of the field "possession" receiver seems odd to me.
    He was just overdrafted in R2. He should've gone in R4-5. He ran a 4.54 at 213 lbs. so his athleticism isn't horrible. The JW experiment should end after this year though. Colbert gets a miss every once in a while at WR.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    He was just overdrafted in R2. He should've gone in R4-5. He ran a 4.54 at 213 lbs. so his athleticism isn't horrible. The JW experiment should end after this year though. Colbert gets a miss every once in a while at WR.
    that's all fair. I completely agree with that.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Freiermuth time.

Should see a lot of 2TE sets if Ebron is playing this week.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

The good news is that everyone else who was on the injury report was FP today. I was a little worried about Najee and Heyward.

The good news is that TJ is gonna put Goff on the injury report!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Washington had the best week of any player at the Senior Bowl. I think that that propelled him up draft boards.

I’ve said it since that draft, I’m really surprised that the Steelers didn’t take Fred Warner there. I mocked him to the Steelers after the Steelers met with him/spent considerable time with him. It would have solved a lot of our problems. I know hindsight is 20/20, but I immediately was like . (Warner is in the doghouse in San Fran; maybe we can get him for our R3 pick.)

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

He can be an NFL receiver, just not a very consistent one. He is one of those players where the opponent and the course of the game dictate what opportunities he will have, rather than the other way around. Not totally useless, but hasn't shown he has much more to offer than any other random WR.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    He can be an NFL receiver, just not a very consistent one. He is one of those players where the opponent and the course of the game dictate what opportunities he will have, rather than the other way around. Not totally useless, but hasn't shown he has much more to offer than any other random WR.
    That is also likely true.

But...regardless...Washington was an over-draft by the Steelers. When you get repeatedly passed by incoming rookies of all draft statuses, a few totally random FAs, etc. -- pretty safe to conclude you aren't all that exciting as a player.

Honestly, I would rather see Steven Sims or Anthony Miller off the PS dress over Washington at this point.

Well....just looked it up...Sims is on the roster for Sunday. He had a role for WFT for a minute awhile back.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

That is also likely true.

But...regardless...Washington was an over-draft by the Steelers. When you get repeatedly passed by incoming rookies of all draft statuses, a few totally random FAs, etc. -- pretty safe to conclude you aren't all that exciting as a player.

Honestly, I would rather see Steven Sims or Anthony Miller off the PS dress over Washington at this point.

Well....just looked it up...Sims is on the roster for Sunday. He had a role for WFT for a minute awhile back.
    Definitely he was a reach at R2. You look at some of the other guys we've gotten there, like Claypool and Juju, and it's no contest.

I don't know whether to call him overdrafted or just disappointing. If I remember it right, the scouting reports on him were pretty rosy and said he was a good deep threat - but whatever the case, he hasn't lived up to his draft status.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Chase Claypool Injury news

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Definitely he was a reach at R2. You look at some of the other guys we've gotten there, like Claypool and Juju, and it's no contest.

I don't know whether to call him overdrafted or just disappointing. If I remember it right, the scouting reports on him were pretty rosy and said he was a good deep threat - but whatever the case, he hasn't lived up to his draft status.
    Maybe it's the "jack of all trades master of none" thing with Washington. He does a lot of things okay but nothing extremely well.

Don't know. But a thought.

Because I've been thinking out loud, Washington will go off for like 150 yards and a couple of TDs.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Washington will go off for like 150 yards and a couple of TDs.
    With Rudolph starting, and considering their strong connection at Oklahoma St…

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

Well that didn't work out too well :-/

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Well that didn't work out too well :-/
    It started off looking that way. But then…

Chase Claypool Injury news

It started off looking that way. But then…
    Definitely looked like they were going to flashback and then they just kinda peaced out instead…

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Definitely looked like they were going to flashback and then they just kinda peaced out instead…
    They took turns getting our hopes up.

WASH: Ok, you throw it to me; I’ll catch it, but get this: I’ll push off.

RUDY: Yes!!! Okay, then I will have you open, but throw it behind you.

WASH: May I still push off???

RUDY: Obvs!!!

They took turns getting our hopes up.

WASH: Ok, you throw it to me; I’ll catch it, but get this: I’ll push off.

RUDY: Yes!!! Okay, then I will have you open, but throw it behind you.

WASH: May I still push off???

RUDY: Obvs!!!