Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Matt Canada

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Re: Matt Canada

Quote Originally Posted by pepsyman1 View Post
    Ben let the ball go at 3 seconds, so I don't think it's that big an aberration. It was a good design and good execution. Something we haven't seen a lot lately.
    Perhaps it was the perfect situational play call that caused confusion, but when I look at the play I see a DB actively moving away from DJ rather than just failing to stay with him. It definitely looked like he was expecting someone else to be covering the targeted receiver.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    Perhaps it was the perfect situational play call that caused confusion, but when I look at the play I see a DB actively moving away from DJ rather than just failing to stay with him. It definitely looked like he was expecting someone else to be covering the targeted receiver.
    What you are seeing is DJ "stemming the route" up the field and slightly in, to setup the DB so it looks like a corner route. The DB's are in "off-man" coverage as opposed to "press-man" coverage.

Its designed that way to stem the DB up the field and then allow time for 1. fake handoff to RB, 2. fake cross to TE, then by the time those 2 looks happen the receiver is cutting across the field. Otherwise if DJ just runs a slant, by the time the first 2 looks are given, then DJ would be across the middle of the field. Again, a well designed play.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post

Let me guess, someone in-house? And while you're at it why not grant Butler his wish of playing golf everyday.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

AARGH!!!

Fillipponi is saying it!?! Now it will NEVER happen.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    AARGH!!!

Fillipponi is saying it!?! Now it will NEVER happen.
    Poni tweets alot of crap. I think you're right Teegre. Ugh.