Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bears vs. Steelers Gameballs and Goats

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Bears vs. Steelers Gameballs and Goats

Gameballs...The refs. They were finding a way to screw the Bears every chance they could. TJ Watt was an animal. Heyward was a force. Minkah was laying the wood tonight. Najee ran hard with little space. Muth is starting to be the TE we drafted him to be.

Goats...No one really played bad tonight. Ben didn't turn the ball over, but he didn't do anything special.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Re: Bears vs. Steelers Gameballs and Goats

Gameball = Refs, they handed us that game.
    Goats = The whole team with a special shout out to our offensive line for being ... MEH. Just horrible effort

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Goat to Ray-Ray McCloud for handing the Bears 6.

The Referees were quite shit, but then again, they are always shit.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Boswell was the man. Two 50+ yard FGs, a fumble recovery, and the game winner all in the fourth quarter? Pretty damn good day for a kicker.

It seemed like every time you looked up, Arthur Maulet (#35) was getting beat for big plays during the Bears comeback. McCloud is also a jerk for losing that fumble.

Not gonna lie, if I was a Bears fan, that would have been about the most frustrating game I'd ever seen. A flag on every damn play, some justified, some questionable. I cannot believe they lined up offside three times in a row on the last drive. I mean, they definitely were way offside, but how could you be that dumb?
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Balls - 1 half Steelers, Watt, Muth, Harris
    Forgot to add Boz here, even though he missed the xp, he got the win.

Honorable mention to the refs

Goats - Canada’s offense that can’t get WRs open even today when Ben had time, there is NOBODY open, Ben for missing the few open passes he had, the OL for getting absolutely stuffed, Rayray for making this a close game with a fumble leading by 10 in the 4th

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Speaking of the refs, the "fumble" was bullshit. McCloud was down. It doesn't matter if the ball "starts to slip" when he is already lying on the ground.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Game balls ... Mooooth , Boz , Tj Watt

Goats... Ray Ray , Green who got pushed around all night
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

o-line
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Green has to be the goat. Looks like he got worked over pretty good. Turner seems to miss a handful of assignments a game. If Quinn wasn't 115 in NFL years he might have single handedly won the game.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Gameball to TJ, Boz, PF and Najee
    Goat to Mcloud - almost lost us the game, and Edmunds who can’t cover a TE

we we’re lucky to get this win. Our defense can’t play like this if we’re going to have any chance

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Game balls- Watt, Bos, Refs, Freiermuth
    Goats- McCloud for making the game more interesting than it had to be, and Kendrick Green for giving me flashbacks of Sean Mahan

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Balls--

TJ, Boz, Muth

Goats--

Ray-Ray, Canada and his pathetic offense

Otherwise, another easy win

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Goat: Scott Van Pelt. In the post game show when the scene was players from both teams kneeling to pray, Van Pelt calls it a "moment of reflection" as if calling it prayer, which it obviously was would offend someone.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Goat: Scott Van Pelt. In the post game show when the scene was players from both teams kneeling to pray, Van Pelt calls it a "moment of reflection" as if calling it prayer, which it obviously was would offend someone.
    That whole "Z team" broadcasting crew sucks. And I thought ESPN had plumbed as deep as they could go with Booger McFarland...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

To be fair, many churches call prayer a moment of reflection when not order by the pastor. Church growing up had it in the bulletin that way each Sunday.

Edit: not denying that some go out of their way to avoid religion but this could be a case of different ways of saying the same thing.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

No gameball to Marsh???

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Game balls Muth watt and Fitzpatrick naj is gonna be special

Goat- green ,Edmonds (looks lost I was so hoping he’d show a spark after his 5th year option wasn’t picked up) maulet on back to back plays.

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Game Balls - Watt, Freiermuth, Harris, Boswell, Heyward

Goats - Defensive backfield, Arthur Maulet gets a second goat, Ray Ray, Matt Canada and his play design/calling, referees.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Speaking of the refs, the "fumble" was bullshit. McCloud was down. It doesn't matter if the ball "starts to slip" when he is already lying on the ground.
    The thing was that on the Bears deep pass, the ball is batted and sliding around but “controlled” (in slow-motion anything looks like it’s being controlled) by the back of the receiver’s hands.

SUMMATION:
    If McCloud fumbled, then that was not a catch.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    The thing was that on the Bears deep pass, the ball is batted and sliding around but “controlled” (in slow-motion anything looks like it’s being controlled) by the back of the receiver’s hands.

SUMMATION:
    If McCloud fumbled, then that was not a catch.
    Same thing I said during the game. He had that pinned to his back when he hit the ground and then it was pulled out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Same thing I said during the game. He had that pinned to his back when he hit the ground and then it was pulled out.
    Ding, ding, ding!!!

As I always say, if you’re going to call it one way, call it that way for both teams. That’s all that I ask. If pinning the ball to you body with your wrist and/or the back of one’s hand is control, then call it that way all game long.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    To be fair, many churches call prayer a moment of reflection when not order by the pastor. Church growing up had it in the bulletin that way each Sunday.

Edit: not denying that some go out of their way to avoid religion but this could be a case of different ways of saying the same thing.
    Perhaps. I just see it too often.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

I'll predict it here first. The Lions beat us next week.

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    I'll predict it here first. The Lions beat us next week.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Gameball: Muth, TJ, Boz (except the missed XP)

Goats: Green, Maulet, Ray Ray, Butler and the Refs esp the lousy taunting call on the Nickelback Lead singer.

As far as BSPN - they suck and Najee is pissed about the whole sleeping on the floor story. Untrue according to Najee

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Green has to be the goat. Looks like he got worked over pretty good. Turner seems to miss a handful of assignments a game. If Quinn wasn't 115 in NFL years he might have single handedly won the game.
    Yeah, Quinn beat Dan Moore a few times in pass rush. Moore just getting flat footed like he did vs the Browns.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Yeah, Quinn beat Dan Moore a few times in pass rush. Moore just getting flat footed like he did vs the Browns.
    Speed and bend just kill Moore. I mean take Garrett off the table because he kills the entire league. But Quinn certainly ain't what he used to be be and he just ran past Moore on several occasions. I know he is a rookie. I know that O line needs continuity. But I would really like to see one game with Chuks at LT and Banner at RT. Just to see what it looks like.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    It is an easy fix, put PF there to help and be the dump off man, 2 birds one stone there. We know PF can make the contested catches as the dump off man and just that little bit of help chipping (or turning the rusher into Moore) against the pass rushers will solve that issue. Plus now you have a pulling blocker or another blocker to seal the edge on run plays.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    I don't know, man. Once the ball starts moving at all, and the end result is that the ball is on the ground, you're usually screwed. As soon as I saw the replay, I groaned because I knew that was coming.

Kind of makes you wonder, do they think the "woke" crowd are really the biggest football fans? They sure didn't dance around the issue with the kneelers. More like, "There are fifty valiant paladins of justice - fight on, warriors! How dare anyone say politics doesn't belong in a football game, it's beautiful! Also look at those ignorant rednecks who won't kneel. Maybe YOU'RE an ignorant redneck."

I don't know, maybe they figured that the woke zombies will complain no matter what, and the people who actually like football will eventually come back and try to ignore it.

What ever happened to those BLM chaps, by the way? You don't hear much about them these days. Oh well, good thing we were able to solve all those urgent problems by doing nothing after all.
    See you Space Cowboy ...