Thread: what irks me

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

what irks me

yeah yeah yeah I get it one thread has already been closed breaching this topic and before I get accused this has NOTHING to do with political beliefs and nothing to do with how badly I think covid is over blown but instead at how Mind numbing it is to think Aaron Rogers vax status deserves more negative press than Ruggs who actually killed someone ....

until such time that it is proven Aaron Rogers killed someone over his vax status the media needs to focus on the true culprit here RUGGS who in fact killed someone with his actions ....
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Re: what irks me

Just because some of the press is calling Rodgers an asshole it doesn't mean anyone is cheering for Ruggs. There is no debating Ruggs status, reasonable people can debate Rodgers actions.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

That's the media for you.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

NFL media office squashes bad press . They are really good at their jobs., But if Ruggs was a star , you wouldn't be hearing about Rodgers vax status

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    NFL media office squashes bad press . They are really good at their jobs., But if Ruggs was a star , you wouldn't be hearing about Rodgers vax status

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    You'd be hearing about Rodgers vax status even if Tom Brady killed someone driving drunk.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Ruggs hasn't made any interview appearances detailing his counter-point that he did nothing wrong and alternative methods of measurement would indicate that he wasn't drunk and that if people are so concerned about drunk drivers they should stay off the roads after midnight.

Also, Ruggs is a nobody in NFL terms. Rodgers is the reigning MVP of the league and one of its, up to this point, main marketable stars. You can tell the story of the NFL without even thinking about Ruggs. You can not tell the recent story of the NFL without Rodgers - he is a key character in several story-lines.

Bottom line is that Ruggs is not interesting. He killed another human being because he made a terrible series of decisions. He has lost his place in the NFL because of that criminal act. Now, it is only a question of how much jail time he faces from his various felony charges.

And, FWIW, if you moderate where you get your NFL content from, there have been consistent updates on the Ruggs situation as his case has slowly wound through the criminal justice system.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Ruggs hasn't made any interview appearances detailing his counter-point that he did nothing wrong and alternative methods of measurement would indicate that he wasn't drunk and that if people are so concerned about drunk drivers they should stay off the roads after midnight.

Also, Ruggs is a nobody in NFL terms. Rodgers is the reigning MVP of the league and one of its, up to this point, main marketable stars. You can tell the story of the NFL without even thinking about Ruggs. You can not tell the recent story of the NFL without Rodgers - he is a key character in several story-lines.

Bottom line is that Ruggs is not interesting. He killed another human being because he made a terrible series of decisions. He has lost his place in the NFL because of that criminal act. Now, it is only a question of how much jail time he faces from his various felony charges.

And, FWIW, if you moderate where you get your NFL content from, there have been consistent updates on the Ruggs situation as his case has slowly wound through the criminal justice system.
    the problem with all that is its bullshit , its crazy how flipping ignorant people can be when facts are put right in their face as to the truth and that the death numbers of covid are hyper inflated yet they ignore it as if it was delivered by someone in a tin foil hat ... please pay attention

this is still America and last I checked medical decision are a personal decision ....

as for moderating where my NFL news comes from " come on man you can do better than that .... turn on the freaking TV its all about Arod 5 stories to 1 easily ....

but your next move will be to say I planned to make this a political thread all along ( haven't we been here already ) ....

smh

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    the problem with all that is its bullshit , its crazy how flipping ignorant people can be when facts are put right in their face as to the truth and that the death numbers of covid are hyper inflated yet they ignore it as if it was delivered by someone in a tin foil hat ... please pay attention

this is still America and last I checked medical decision are a personal decision ....

as for moderating where my NFL news comes from " come on man you can do better than that .... turn on the freaking TV its all about Arod 5 stories to 1 easily ....

but your next move will be to say I planned to make this a political thread all along ( haven't we been here already ) ....

smh
    You're proving the point. Everything you posted is debatable. Ruggs actions are not. Case closed.

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    You're proving the point. Everything you posted is debatable. Ruggs actions are not. Case closed.
    why is this asshole still here ??

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Why are you all not using the ignore feature?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

smh
    I never mentioned COVID, so I'm not addressing that.

Don't get your media content from TV. Especially news. It is just repetitive BS from all sides. There isn't 24/7 news content - yet we have how many 24-7 news channels? So they have to wring every last morsel out of every story.

I check two sites a couple of times a day to get broad NFL updates. One has a fantasy football focus, but also is a decent barometer of overall team and individual trends/performance across the league.

I have a few others that I check several times a week for overall NFL updates, analysis, and information. Then a few Steelers specific ones.

When I do turn on the TV...it is to watch something I have chosen for entertainment, not news. I don't need another person to tell me something I can read for myself.

You are having two debates that seem separate wrapped up in one. One issue is what anyone may think about vaccines, mandates, and Rodgers interviews. The other is Ruggs. Like I said, why no one wants to talk about the Ruggs situation is pretty clear. What is there to talk about? He was drunk, speeding, carrying an (illegal?) weapon, and tragically killed someone. He was fired almost immediately. All of those components of the story were reported on by multiple media outlets at multiple times. At this point, Ruggs is now in the slow and steady progression of the criminal justice system as he faces multiple felony counts. Until he is indicted, there will be no real updates. At that point, there will be another round of reporting. Then when he goes to trial, another and etc.

Again...not sure what your question is here? What about the Ruggs story would you like to see that you are not? Moral judgement being passed? Detailed investigations into his relationship with alcohol and fast cars?

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Anybody recall how much press Leonard Little got for his issues??

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Anybody recall how much press Leonard Little got for his issues??
    to be fair ... we had a completely different media presence in 1998

Ah. Yes. The halcyon days of the late 1990s when no one was complaining about media bias, political correctness, trials in the court of public opinion, or media persecution.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

to be fair ... we had a completely different media presence in 1998
    What about in 2009 when Donte Stallworth had his incident? Anybody recall how much press coverage that got in comparison?

What about in 2009 when Donte Stallworth had his incident? Anybody recall how much press coverage that got in comparison?
    I'm gonna go ahead and guess not much. Neither guy had a direct line impact on their team winning or losing right away.

Rodgers plays and GB likely beats the Chiefs. Makes it a story with legs.

Kinda like when that dude went loco before a SB awhile back and wasn't able to play. That was a splashy story.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

People are able to joke about Aaron Rodgers. They can create memes of him wearing tin foil hats. Agree with Rodgers or not, one can see the humor in the situation. Plus, Rodgers is one of the few NFL players that almost everyone knows; so, the jokes transcend genres.

With Ruggs… there’s nothing funny about what he did.

if memory serves it got a ton of coverage , I remember a good bit of talk about it on my old forums as well .......

if memory serves it got a ton of coverage , I remember a good bit of talk about it on my old forums as well .......
    Cool.

I really recall it being in the NFL news cycle for about a week and then nothing until court dates and judgements came up. I just seem to recall that these drunk driving manslaughter cases with good but not marquee players, always seem to get the TMZ treatment of instant "Breaking News" and then forgotten pretty quickly.

since these other threads are being closed down left and right and a question was posed ....

but hey it will be ignored or cut down just like the video of your media telling us how the numbers are inflated ... either way Im done I cant fix your stupid

since these other threads are being closed down left and right and a question was posed ....

but hey it will be ignored ....................
    It was answered about 50 times. COVID is up to 10 times deadlier than the FLU. Says who? The Mayo Clinic, John Hopkins, among others. Who supports your claim that it's equal to the flu? No one.

It was answered about 50 times. COVID is up to 10 times deadlier than the FLU. Says who? The Mayo Clinic, John Hopkins, among others. Who supports your claim that it's equal to the flu? No one.

blind as a bat Joe Willie Tom .... where does it say anything about that ? ( but many say what I claim but you wont read or listen because your sheep love (yes we seen the pic of you and your betrothed )

I'll wait

- - - Updated - - -

WHO (Accidentally) Confirms Covid is No More Dangerous Than Flu

Head of Health Emergencies Program “best estimates” put IFR at 0.14%

Kit Knightly

he World Health Organization has finally confirmed what we (and many experts and studies) have been saying for months – the coronavirus is no more deadly or dangerous than seasonal flu.

The WHO’s top brass made this announcement during a special session of the WHO’s 34-member executive board on Monday October 5th, it’s just nobody seemed to really understand it.

In fact, they didn’t seem to completely understand it themselves.

At the session, Dr Michael Ryan, the WHO’s Head of Emergencies revealed that they believe roughly 10% of the world has been infected with Sars-Cov-2. This is their “best estimate”, and a huge increase over the number of officially recognised cases (around 35 million).

Dr. Margaret Harris, a WHO spokeswoman, later confirmed the figure, stating it was based on the average results of all the broad seroprevalence studies done around the world.

As much as the WHO were attempting to spin this as a bad thing – Dr Ryan even said it means “the vast majority of the world remains at risk.” – it’s actually good news. And confirms, once more, that the virus is nothing like as deadly as everyone predicted.

The global population is roughly 7.8 billion people, if 10% have been infected that is 780 million cases. The global death toll currently attributed to Sars-Cov-2 infections is 1,061,539.

That’s an infection fatality rate of roughly or 0.14%. Right in line with seasonal flu and the predictions of many experts from all around the world.

0.14% is over 24 times LOWER than the WHO’s “provisional figure” of 3.4% back in March. This figure was used in the models which were used to justify lockdowns and other draconian policies.

In fact, given the over-reporting of alleged Covid deaths, the IFR is likely even lower than 0.14%, and could show Covid to be much less dangerous than flu.

None of the mainstream press picked up on this. Though many outlets reported Dr Ryan’s words, they all attempted to make it a scary headline and spread more panic.

Apparently neither they, nor the WHO, were capable of doing the simple maths that shows us this is good news. And that the Covid sceptics have been right all along.

UPDATE 9/10/20: In the interest of thoroughness, a desire to rely on primary sources, and not depending purely on mainstream sources (which may remove or amend articles), I decided to find the actual video of Dr Ryan’s remarks.

For some reason, although this was an important WHO meeting during an allegedly hyper-serious pandemic, the video is hard to find. The only place you are able to see it is the WHO’s own website, and even then you have to scrub through almost 6 hours of footage. Well, I did that, and you are welcome.

You can’t embed the WHO’s stream, but I can tell you to go to this page, click “Session 1” and skip to 1:01:33 to hear the exact quote:

blind as a bat Joe Willie Tom .... where does it say anything about that ? ( but many say what I claim but you wont read or listen because your sheep love (yes we seen the pic of you and your betrothed )

I'll wait

- - - Updated - - -

WHO (Accidentally) Confirms Covid is No More Dangerous Than Flu

Head of Health Emergencies Program “best estimates” put IFR at 0.14%

Kit Knightly

he World Health Organization has finally confirmed what we (and many experts and studies) have been saying for months – the coronavirus is no more deadly or dangerous than seasonal flu.

The WHO’s top brass made this announcement during a special session of the WHO’s 34-member executive board on Monday October 5th, it’s just nobody seemed to really understand it.

In fact, they didn’t seem to completely understand it themselves.

At the session, Dr Michael Ryan, the WHO’s Head of Emergencies revealed that they believe roughly 10% of the world has been infected with Sars-Cov-2. This is their “best estimate”, and a huge increase over the number of officially recognised cases (around 35 million).

Dr. Margaret Harris, a WHO spokeswoman, later confirmed the figure, stating it was based on the average results of all the broad seroprevalence studies done around the world.

As much as the WHO were attempting to spin this as a bad thing – Dr Ryan even said it means “the vast majority of the world remains at risk.” – it’s actually good news. And confirms, once more, that the virus is nothing like as deadly as everyone predicted.

The global population is roughly 7.8 billion people, if 10% have been infected that is 780 million cases. The global death toll currently attributed to Sars-Cov-2 infections is 1,061,539.

That’s an infection fatality rate of roughly or 0.14%. Right in line with seasonal flu and the predictions of many experts from all around the world.

0.14% is over 24 times LOWER than the WHO’s “provisional figure” of 3.4% back in March. This figure was used in the models which were used to justify lockdowns and other draconian policies.

In fact, given the over-reporting of alleged Covid deaths, the IFR is likely even lower than 0.14%, and could show Covid to be much less dangerous than flu.

None of the mainstream press picked up on this. Though many outlets reported Dr Ryan’s words, they all attempted to make it a scary headline and spread more panic.

Apparently neither they, nor the WHO, were capable of doing the simple maths that shows us this is good news. And that the Covid sceptics have been right all along.

UPDATE 9/10/20: In the interest of thoroughness, a desire to rely on primary sources, and not depending purely on mainstream sources (which may remove or amend articles), I decided to find the actual video of Dr Ryan’s remarks.

For some reason, although this was an important WHO meeting during an allegedly hyper-serious pandemic, the video is hard to find. The only place you are able to see it is the WHO’s own website, and even then you have to scrub through almost 6 hours of footage. Well, I did that, and you are welcome.

You can’t embed the WHO’s stream, but I can tell you to go to this page, click “Session 1” and skip to 1:01:33 to hear the exact quote:

^^^ no cigar:

Fact-checked by: Science Feedback2020/10/20 | United States
    FALSE: The World Health Organization confirmed that the coronavirus is no more deadly or dangerous than seasonal flu

Explanation: The infection fatality ratio (IFR) indicates the proportion of people who die from a disease among all people infected, including both confirmed cases as well as undetected infections. The claim that COVID-19 is no more dangerous than the flu is based on a misinterpretation of the WHO’s estimate that a maximum of 10% of the global population has been infected by the virus that causes COVID-19. Calculating IFR with the upper bound of the WHO’s estimate and recent infection data underestimates the global COVID-19 IFR, which according to current estimates, is at least ten times higher than that of the flu. In addition to lethality, its global distribution, lack of vaccines or effective treatments, and potential long-term damage to survivors make COVID-19 a more significant danger compared to the flu.
    https://www.poynter.org/?ifcn_misinf...n-seasonal-flu

Coronavirus is the most deadly pandemic in American history.

675,000 American Deaths: Coronavirus Now Deadlier Than The Spanish Flu

Carlie Porterfield 05:01pm EDT
    Topline

The U.S. reported 675,444 total confirmed coronavirus on Monday according to a tally from Johns Hopkins University, surpassing the number of Americans believed to have died during the Flu of 1918 and making the coronavirus the most deadly pandemic in American history.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/carliep...h=7f8fa71c720a

clearly with all you fingering of google you forgot one tiny detail ... LISTENING to the audio where it comes right out of their mouth ....

fuck you tom back on ignore you go I got better things to do with my time than play ring around the fucking Rosie with someone who thinks a square is a circle

clearly with all you fingering of google you forgot one tiny detail ... LISTENING to the audio where it comes right out of their mouth ....

fuck you tom back on ignore you go I got better things to do with my time than play ring around the fucking Rosie with someone who thinks a square is a circle
    I'd quit if I were you also.