Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DK's Daily Shot of Steelers: Still waiting on Devin Bush!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

DK's Daily Shot of Steelers: Still waiting on Devin Bush!

This isn't what the video clip is about, just an observation of the pic of Bush. I know from past knee injuries you can lose muscle mass in the thigh, but the pic of Bush's left thigh is showing some real muscle atrophy imo. It could be an early camp pic though.

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

Re: DK's Daily Shot of Steelers: Still waiting on Devin Bush!

That kind of difference looks scary and unnatural. Yikes.

Послато са Redmi Note 9 Pro помоћу Тапатока

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

dang just looking at that picture, that atrophy is pretty significant. I'm sure gaining all the muscle back may take a while even for an elite athlete

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    dang just looking at that picture, that atrophy is pretty significant. I'm sure gaining all the muscle back may take a while even for an elite athlete
    Yeah, not sure if that picture looks worse than it is because of the angle, but I guess you cant just jump back into squatting heavy weights after that injury.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Likely 90% angle of the pic. That said, what a waste of a #10 pick. He's 3rd-4th round material.

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

And we moved up to get him too

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    And we moved up to get him too
    He looked worth it before the injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I certainly had no problem with the pick.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I certainly had no problem with the pick.
    You too can be smarter than the front office (with the benefit of a couple of years of hindsight after the fact...)

Pretty sure they wouldn't have traded up to get him had they known beforehand that he was going to turn out to be a china doll with a new injury every other week. That's partly what makes the draft largely a crapshoot.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

And this is why I try my best not to take much stock in the draft. Even if the guy you pick is the most "can't miss" thing ever, but everything can go wrong in a hurry. Wrong angle. Bad timing. Incompetent front office. Makes you wonder how good Andrew Luck could've been if he wasn't ripped to pieces. Or how Carson Palmer could've turned out without getting his knee bent by Kimo. Or what if Ryan Shazier has better tackling form. In the case of Devin Bush, it's an ACL that is not even a year removed yet. The NFL is a cruel and merciless world.

Drvlspwr Array title="Steel Peon has a reputation beyond repute"> Steel Peon's Avatar

I might as well state for the record that I don't like what I've ever seen #55 doing, and I have no optimism he'll turn into anything special. I won't dwell on the "Waste of a pick" subject here because we've had so many in the last 14 years that there's no point discussing it.
    “They say you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone. So I got rid of everything to see what I had.” ~ Steven Wright

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Peon View Post
    I might as well state for the record that I don't like what I've ever seen #55 doing, and I have no optimism he'll turn into anything special. I won't dwell on the "Waste of a pick" subject here because we've had so many in the last 14 years that there's no point discussing it.
    Every team has them.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I’m still surprised that they didn’t select Fred Warner in the previous Draft They needed an ILB. They even tried to trade up for Rashaan Evans, and when they missed on him, I was certain they’d take Warner in R2. Why? They worked him out… a LOT. So much so, I took notice and mocked him to us (despite the fact that I was on the LVE bandwagon).

The ACL ruined him.

Dude is fried. Hasn't been good all season and continues to get worse.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    The ACL ruined him.

Dude is fried. Hasn't been good all season and continues to get worse.
    It would be one thing if he was just a tick slow getting to a gap or a step slow turning and running with a TE. Could say...ahhh...when he gets all the way back from the injury - it will come together.

But Devin Bush apparently no longer has a single useful football instinct left in his head. Apparently his brain was in his ACL. Dude just runs to random wrong spots. Gets washed out of every running play. And how the hell do you grab a guy when you know that you have an all world FS bracketing over the top?

Bush could have all bionic upgrades to every joint and ligament. Wouldn't matter. He does not appear capable of handling an NFL mental load with out Vince Williams there to hold his hand. And I suspect the team knows it. Hence there quixotic off-season quest to have everyone but Devin Bush call the defense.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    It would be one thing if he was just a tick slow getting to a gap or a step slow turning and running with a TE. Could say...ahhh...when he gets all the way back from the injury - it will come together.

But Devin Bush apparently no longer has a single useful football instinct left in his head. Apparently his brain was in his ACL. Dude just runs to random wrong spots. Gets washed out of every running play. And how the hell do you grab a guy when you know that you have an all world FS bracketing over the top?

Bush could have all bionic upgrades to every joint and ligament. Wouldn't matter. He does not appear capable of handling an NFL mental load with out Vince Williams there to hold his hand. And I suspect the team knows it. Hence there quixotic off-season quest to have everyone but Devin Bush call the defense.

Funny you mention that. His ACL is in his brain because that is likely all he is thinking about.

Senior Member Array title="The Bark is a jewel in the rough"> The Bark's Avatar

He looked promising before the injury. I can't recall the specifics, but there was a bit of a head-case with him during the preseason or offseason with social media that had people wondering where his mind was.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I saw several plays where the Lions RB was siphoned down the middle right towards Bush… who (for whatever reason) moved laterally out of the way. Odd. It was like Bush was anticipating a cut back that never came. In turn, instead of Bush making the tackle for minimal gain, he ended being 7 yards away from the hole through which the RB ran.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I saw several plays where the Lions RB was siphoned down the middle right towards Bush… who (for whatever reason) moved laterally out of the way. Odd. It was like Bush was anticipating a cut back that never came. In turn, instead of Bush making the tackle for minimal gain, he ended being 7 yards away from the hole through which the RB ran.
    Yup. Bush has lost whatever football instincts he may have once had. Honestly, he looks like a player that needs sat down for a few weeks to get his head right.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

The gap between the two Devins grows each and every week .....

they will always be compared based on name /pos/ draft slotting ... that said there was a reason why Bush was originally ( before the athletic testing ) looked upon as a 3rd round prospect who once the poke and prod events took place soared up draft boards for NON football reasons ... this is reason #1 that you must marry the tape with the non football testing and if they do not marry avoid said player until the later rounds when taking a flier isnt as hurtful
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Wish I could post the clip here but Bush made one of the worst tackle attempts I've ever seen. It was pitiful. It was like he just slid off the RB. Awful.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Wish I could post the clip here but Bush made one of the worst tackle attempts I've ever seen. It was pitiful. It was like he just slid off the RB. Awful.

and the one play where the RB was 2 yards from him coming right towards him ( To Bush's right on the TV ) and Bush turns left to have the RB run right behind him and in for ( I think a TD on that play )

the guy looks like the trash that gets left in the bottom of the can for the next week
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Devin Bush is a bust. I'm convinced. Seen enough.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

he's looking like the next sharko thomas. great athlete, just too stupid for the nfl

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Devin Bush is a bust. I'm convinced. Seen enough.
    Devin Bust

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Devin Bust
    not even worthy of the dong title, to get that title you at least gotta get home once in a while

I remember early in Ike Taylor's career he had a run of rough outings. Cowher sat him down for a bit. Ike pulled his head together and eventually returned and saw success.

Why not do the same here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Film Room: Has Devin Bush lost his edge?

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/11/st...lost-his-edge/

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I remember early in Ike Taylor's career he had a run of rough outings. Cowher sat him down for a bit. Ike pulled his head together and eventually returned and saw success.

Why not do the same here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It can only help. He was a solid player before he got injured and now looks like a totally different person.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler