Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game Balls/Goats vs Hawks.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Game Balls/Goats vs Hawks.

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    I noticed that comment too. But it’s tough for these 3-4 linemen to get in. Aaron Smith is probably the best 3-4 DE ever and most people have no idea who he is.
    Cam seems to be getting better with age. A real outlier! If he plays 2-3 more years at this level and garners pro bowls/ all-pros, I think he gets in.

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Cam seems to be getting better with age. A real outlier! If he plays 2-3 more years at this level and garners pro bowls/ all-pros, I think he gets in.
    Cam is getting the recognition Aaron should have also had, but never got.

Would love to see Cam get it right now over just about anyone else on the team. I think he can do it.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Collinsworth was calling him a Hall of Famer last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Heyward gets a game ball. Go ahead and write that down every single week. Cam has been playing the BEST of any defender on this team… maybe even in the entire league. Teams run away from him.

That said, Watt is simply on another level. He IS our best player. Now that TJ is getting healthy, this defense should return to form.

Speaking of getting healthy, Highsmith is starting to play as expected, as well: 1.5 sacks and 4 hits on the QB.

Norwood had three huge stops on third down. He is an absolute steal!!!

Feed Muth the ball!!! When they do, positive things happen. Every time. I would not mind seeing Muth targeted 10 times per game… because, then I’d know we’d have 10 more receptions for 70 more yards (and probably one more TD).

Najee earned a game ball for that run at the end of the game. He was good, but not great… until he had to be.

Harvin pinned the Seahawks inside their 15. One play later, TJ gets the strip sack to win the game. The field position allowed the defense to “gamble”… and it paid off.

GOATS:
    Something is up with Minkah. He is missing a LOT of tackles. If he gets back to his old form, this defense will be the best in the league. But, if he doesn’t, we WILL have holes.

Claypool has gotten a ton of heat. People are angry at him. I’m not sure why. For the most part, what I am reading is that they are frustrated that he’s 6’4” 225 but plays like he is 5’9” 185. Anyone have any thoughts on him?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

Claypool has gotten a ton of heat. People are angry at him. I’m not sure why. For the most part, what I am reading is that they are frustrated that he’s 6’4” 225 but plays like he is 5’9” 185. Anyone have any thoughts on him?
    Let me preface this with I love Claypool and think he’s gonna be great.

My thing with him right now is that it always seems like a majority of his catches he’s either jumping and are contested or just contested. Every opportunity looks like it has to be a great catch in order to complete the pass.

There could be a ton that goes into it and we all can list everything that could be but for it all to happen consistently is kind of annoying…if that makes sense.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Claypool is only fifty percent on 50/50 balls. With his size many feel he should be higher win rate on "contested" catches.

While I do not disagree, I shudder to think about what he would look like if he was catch passes instead of fielding arm punts.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Let me preface this with I love Claypool and think he’s gonna be great.

My thing with him right now is that it always seems like a majority of his catches he’s either jumping and are contested or just contested. Every opportunity looks like it has to be a great catch in order to complete the pass.

There could be a ton that goes into it and we all can list everything that could be but for it all to happen consistently is kind of annoying…if that makes sense.
    Interesting I hadn’t thought about that. I’ve seen him get open, and then Ben misses him… but, that’s only like 2 times per game. I wonder how “open” he is the rest of the time.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

When (if) Claypool gets a legit QB to throw to him, we'll find out just how good he really is. His potential is limitless, but we'll never see it with Ben heaving throws his direction.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

I like to compare claypool to Martavis Bryant because of their similar build, Bryant always seemed to make catches in stride while with claypool his are mostly jump balls. It may be the passes and he has to slow down or his routes are off and/or he can’t get separation - he doesn’t seem open very much on those deep routes, I thought he was fast - it could very well be on him, Ben seems to hit DJ in stride ‘more often’

According to PFF, Norwood was the highest-graded rookie CB for Week 6.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    According to PFF, Norwood was the highest-graded rookie CB for Week 6.
    It certainly showed! He was a third down drive killer…

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    It certainly showed! He was a third down drive killer…
    Indeed He stopped three third downs from being converted.

The coaches cut back the playbook for him, having him solely focus on dime defense (taking him off of nickel… for now), and it showed.