Thread: Lamar Jackson Thread

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Lamar Jackson Thread

Okay, I'm watching the Ravens/Chargers right now ... Jackson's biggest hit was he was a glorified running back that could throw a little. The kid is starting to make that second part of the statement a fallacy. He's hitting open receivers now and showing way more poise in the pocket. If he figures out how to pass, he has what no other QB has ever had. #1 RB skills with legit QB skills. I would not be surprised if the Ravens do not win the Superbowl or at least make it to the Superbowl this year.

Now Le'Veon Bell looks like he's learned their offense and gives them another weapon. They should easily win the division this year.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Re: Lamar Jackson Thread

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    Okay, I'm watching the Ravens/Chargers right now ... Jackson's biggest hit was he was a glorified running back that could throw a little. The kid is starting to make that second part of the statement a fallacy. He's hitting open receivers now and showing way more poise in the pocket. If he figures out how to pass, he has what no other QB has ever had. #1 RB skills with legit QB skills. I would not be surprised if the Ravens do not win the Superbowl or at least make it to the Superbowl this year.

Now Le'Veon Bell looks like he's learned their offense and gives them another weapon. They should easily win the division this year.
    on the flip side he’s usually good for a couple of turnovers and missing wide open receivers a few times a game as well. He just overthrew wide open WR now. You take the good with the bad though and he’s playing well.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Yeah right after I posted this he literally threw it right to a Charger. LOL.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

He's never going to be a "perfect" passer. But if he can be good enough to force defenses to align to defend the pass and then they can run like they do? That'll be more than enough to win a ton of games.

The threat and actual effectiveness of Lamar is making the rotted corpses of Latavius Murray and Leveon Bell look like NFL RBs again.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Lamar always looks like a world beater until the playoffs begin. Let's see if he can keep it up deep into winter

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

I flew back to MD on Friday. My plan was to bowhunt and fix my daughter’s leaky shower. The shower got fixed yesterday. But while out at a local brewery Friday evening, and after hearing her tale of the Colts-Ravens game (she was there), we decided to get tix to the Chargers-Ravens game.

I was expecting a back-and-forth scoring game ala’ the Browns-Chargers. I was not expecting this outcome. Was Jackson perfect? No. But he was good enough to come out with a 34-6 W. Face it. The kid’s a baller, and a winner.

And as unreal as it sounds (to me), only two jerseys have ever been retired by the University of Louisville. Johnny Unitas and now Lamar Jackson. Both quarterbacks. And both play(ed) for Baltimore. What an honor. He seems like a nice young man that loves to play football.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Sounds like a good weekend.

Jackson can play.

And, as much as it pains me to say it, the Ravens demonstrated wisdom and insight in building their roster and offensive scheme to maximize what Jackson does well and not force him into to some pre-determined role. Great job of executing a unified organizational development plan.

Honestly, the Bills and Ravens are showing teams how to do this. Scout well. Find your QB. Build a support structure and roster specific to that QB. Watch QB emerge as a viable MVP caliber performer year after year.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

That QB in Arizona just crushed the Stains.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I agree on LJ. He's looking unstoppable and has the clutch gene on top of it. I'm not sure about the Super Bowl this year, but I could see another MVP. As for Bell, I think he looks like trash. Totally can't agree there.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Lamar is solid. They better cash in now before he loses a step. Most QBs like home go down hill long before the Bens, Peyton's and Brees

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I agree on LJ. He's looking unstoppable and has the clutch gene on top of it. I'm not sure about the Super Bowl this year, but I could see another MVP. As for Bell, I think he looks like trash. Totally can't agree there.
    Well it looks like they're just going to run RB by veteran washed up committee ...

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Lamar got sacked twice, wonder if those came from the left side......

After watching yesterday, the Bengals are the team to beat in our division and are only going to get better. They just laid down a blue print on how to contain LJ.

The unofficial Ezra ranking of the AFC North ranking as of this morning:

1. Bengals
    2. Ravens
    3. Browns
    4. Steelers

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

After watching yesterday, the Bengals are the team to beat in our division and are only going to get better. They just laid down a blue print on how to contain LJ.

The unofficial Ezra ranking of the AFC North ranking as of this morning:

1. Bengals
    2. Ravens
    3. Browns
    4. Steelers
    They really exposed the Raven D too. I hate watching how good some of these teams play and sometimes how they make it look so easy. Watching the Steelers play offense like every play is so damn difficult.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Bell a whopping 5 carries for 5 yards. He must have learned the goal line offense.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Cant believe the Bengals are good. The offense is fire and the defense seems to have even improved

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Bell a whopping 5 carries for 5 yards. He must have learned the goal line offense.
    Becoming more clear bell was more a byproduct of ben and an elite o-line

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Becoming more clear bell was more a byproduct of ben and an elite o-line
    Plus, a Running Back is only good for 5ish years.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

He's fallen a bit from the 316 yard and 442 yard games.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler