Thread: Cam Heyward

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Cam Heyward

I have mentioned it in several “game ball” threads, but Cam Heyward is playing the BEST football of any defender on the Steelers… and maybe in the entire NFL. PFF listed it’s Top Ten D-linemen, and you guessed it: Cam was #1. I know that it’s PFF, but Cam is being mentioned in other circles, as well.

Here is PFF’s entire top ten:
    (I bolded a few that we know very well.)

1. Cam Heyward
    2. Aaron Donald
    3. Jonathan Allen
    4. Calais Campbell
    5. Al Woods
    6. DJ Reader
    7. JJ Watt
    8. Javon Hargrave
    9. Christian Wilkins
    10. Isaiah Buggs

Yep, Cam is amazing. What is also interesting is that two current Steelers are in the top ten, along with two former Steelers. (And, Tuitt has been in the top five.) Good job, Colbert.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Re: Cam Heyward

I wish we had kept Hargrave.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I have mentioned it in several “game ball” threads, but Cam Heyward is playing the BEST football of any defender on the Steelers… and maybe in the entire NFL. PFF listed it’s Top Ten D-linemen, and you guessed it: Cam was #1. I know that it’s PFF, but Cam is being mentioned in other circles, as well.

Here is PFF’s entire top ten:
    (I bolded a few that we know very well.)

1. Cam Heyward
    2. Aaron Donald
    3. Jonathan Allen
    4. Calais Campbell
    5. Al Woods
    6. DJ Reader
    7. JJ Watt
    8. Javon Hargrave
    9. Christian Wilkins
    10. Isaiah Buggs

Yep, Cam is amazing. What is also interesting is that two current Steelers are in the top ten, along with two former Steelers. (And, Tuitt has been in the top five.) Good job, Colbert.

Agreed. I wonder about Tuitt though, at least for this year. I've read he is overweight plus his knee issue. Hopefully he gets his knee fixed and will be ready to go next year. I just don't see him making much of an impact this season, but hope I'm wrong. Where is he on his contract? Here are his contract details.

https://steelersnow.com/steelers-res...021-cap-space/

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Is that the story on Tuitt? There was the story about his brother dying or something like that as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Is that the story on Tuitt? There was the story about his brother dying or something like that as well?

Yes about his contract and his brother being killed by a hit-and-run driver last summer.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Yes about his contract and his brother being killed by a hit-and-run driver last summer.
    Is he seriously injured as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Is he seriously injured as well?
    Stephon Tuitt is having a tuff time with the loss of his brother, who was killed in the hit-and-run last summer, plus Stephon has a knee issue. I just added his contract info because I didn't know where he was at with it.