Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gruden Gone!

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: Gruden Gone!

Overreaction much? I honestly didn’t think his comment was racist. The media likes to make mountains out of mole hills

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

gotta love the woke culture we live in!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Overreaction much? I honestly didn’t think his comment was racist. The media likes to make mountains out of mole hills
    you’re really only able to make fun of old white guys. The goodell portion of it was Okay, everything else not so much.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Hahahahahahahshaha….wait……hhaaaaahhhhhaaaa….oh goodness. This is hilarious!

Like did he and Bruce Allen think emails were magic and not permanent? Also, why are the WFT archive all these?

Overall, who is surprised by this? Old Football coaches are homophobic, potentially more than a little racist, sexist, and outdated in their interactions? Whhhhaaaaaa? No way!

Who could’ve ever thought that?

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    gotta love the woke culture we live in!

- - - Updated - - -

you’re really only able to make fun of old white guys. The goodell portion of it was Okay, everything else not so much.
    I'll read more into it, I only heard he made an exaggerated comment about some certain black guy's lips being big or something like that. I didn't read the rest of that article further cause I thought it was a whole bunch of nothing. Apparently there was more said than just that.

Though if he trashed goodell that puts him on my good side

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Didn’t this happen like eleven years ago?!!?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Didn’t this happen like eleven years ago?!!?
    I think so? But one report makes it seem like it was ongoing while Gruden was at ESPN. So could be up to when he started coaching again?

Also, gotta figure he didn’t just wake up one day and suddenly decide he didn’t hold certain opinions anymore.

Gonna be interesting to see what happens with all those $$$ the Raiders still owe him.

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

"Gruden’s departure came after a New York Times report that N.F.L. officials, as part of a separate workplace misconduct investigation that did not directly involve him, found that Gruden had casually and frequently unleashed misogynistic and homophobic language over several years to denigrate people around the game and to mock some of the league’s momentous changes."

Gruden’s departure came after a New York Times report that N.F.L. officials, as part of a separate workplace misconduct investigation that did not directly involve him, found that Gruden had casually and frequently unleashed misogynistic and homophobic language over several years to denigrate people around the game and to mock some of the league’s momentous changes.

He denounced the emergence of women as referees, the drafting of a gay player and the tolerance of players protesting during the playing of the national anthem, according to emails reviewed by The Times.

Gruden’s messages were sent to Bruce Allen, the former president of the Washington Football Team, and others, while he was working for ESPN as a color analyst during “Monday Night Football.” In the emails, Gruden called the league’s commissioner, Roger Goodell, a “faggot” and a “clueless anti football pussy” and said that Goodell should not have pressured Jeff Fisher, then the coach of the Rams, to draft “queers,” a reference to Michael Sam, a gay player chosen by the team in 2014.

In numerous emails during a seven-year period ending in early 2018, Gruden criticized Goodell and the league for trying to reduce concussions and said that Eric Reid, a player who had demonstrated during the playing of the national anthem, should be fired. In several instances, Gruden used a homophobic slur to refer to Goodell and offensive language to describe some N.F.L. owners, coaches and journalists who cover the league.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/11/s...ruden-say.html

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Can we get that impersonator guy to read those emails in Gruden’s voice?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Can we get that impersonator guy to read those emails in Gruden’s voice?
    Or better yet, this guy...

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

The real Chucky show just started on USA network last night

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    According to Josina Anderson of ESPN, Brown approached Mayock to complain about a recent fine before calling him a "cracker" and using a barrage of "cuss words" directed at the first-year GM. A team source said Mayock "walked away because he saw it escalate" while other players held Brown back.
    Source.

And yet he's still playing in Tampa Bay. Look Gruden's comments were stupid, but let's not pretend most players haven't said some shit about white players in the past either. These witch hunts only seem to apply to a certain class. I can pretty much guarantee that most players have called someone a "fag" growing up, does that make them evil or unfit for the NFL? What's the old saying about glass houses?

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Nevermind, just noticed it's willy, not worth my time.

Yes. The long suffer fabulously wealthy middle aged white dudes. Such an oppressed and unfairly targeted class. Their tale of suffering and degradation will echo through the ages.

Gruden will be back on TV or making gobs of money via football somewhere in less than 2 years.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Yes. The long suffer fabulously wealthy middle aged white dudes. Such an oppressed and unfairly targeted class. Their tale of suffering and degradation will echo through the ages.

Gruden will be back on TV or making gobs of money via football somewhere in less than 2 years.
    It has nothing to do with that. If you cannot see that it has to do with hypocrisy then I cannot help you. I think if Gruden is forced to resign then AB shouldn't be in the league either, it is that simple. I mean you do want equality don't you?

And you forget who owns all these TV broadcasts ... the mighty woke warriors. There is no way in hell Gruden ever gets near a job like that again. Hell Rush Limbaugh has a better chance of working on TV again and he's dead.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

You can say or think whatever you want, but it doesn’t mean that there won’t be consequences, and they farther up the food chain you get, the more under the microscope you get and the greater the consequences. If there was an open mic at one of our golf outings……no telling how much trouble some of these guys would get in. One of the black guys in our group, was giving a newcomer a lesson on the difference between, “******” and “nigga”. Everyone was cracking up, because he said, “as a white friend, you can call be nigga all you want to (under the right circumstances)…. But call me the other and I will knock you out “.

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    It has nothing to do with that. If you cannot see that it has to do with hypocrisy then I cannot help you. I think if Gruden is forced to resign then AB shouldn't be in the league either, it is that simple. I mean you do want equality don't you?

And you forget who owns all these TV broadcasts ... the mighty woke warriors. There is no way in hell Gruden ever gets near a job like that again. Hell Rush Limbaugh has a better chance of working on TV again and he's dead.
    This all comes down to the fact that Gruden came for the owners and the commish. AB called out a GM. That GM kicked him off his team. Action. Consequence. Another GM decided he's rather have AB's production and hope the other stuff got drowned out by winning.

Any other owner can immediately hire Gruden. So...the exact same consequences happened. And, the woke classes don't own any TV broadcasts. That is owned by the same class of rich dudes that own the NFL.

Gruden was dumb enough to run his mouth with a paper trail. He's a moron. And he forgot that he worked for the least powerful owner in the league (Raiders are cash strapped and burned all their favors with the move to Vegas).

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

yeah, Grudens a loose cannon and he was dumb enough to put it on e-mail, but getting fired for this is a little over the top. He doesn't sound like a racist.

my mistake, he resigned
    Last edited by Steeler-in-west; 10-12-2021 at 05:31 PM.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

For the record, the NFL Jumped the Shark awhile ago Too bad for Gruden if he still wanted to work. He should buy a house in the Keys and go fishing.
    All Defense!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

The real Chucky show just started on USA network last night
    Coincidence? Maybe Gruden takes a page out of and book to work his way out of Oakland for a higher paying gig as an actor?!?

Buccaneers removed him from their ring of honor. Lol.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

That's one way to get rid of a coach I never wanted back.

I'm still taking this all in, so I really have no comment on it other than, what he said is inexcusable.

I feel there is an ass load of hypocrisy going on here (in the league). I'm betting more than half of all owners, coaches and players in the league have said some of the same things over the course of years.

Do I think he should have been fired? Yes. Ask yourself this... what have you said over the years that people would frown on today? Should you lose your job, your life over things you said in years past? This a dangerous precedent to set.

I don't care that Gruden is no longer the Raiders' coach... I never wanted him back. I just think from here on out that people should proceed with caution about things from the past: You could be the next one to pay for past transgressions. In fact every one of us is guilty.... and you know it.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    yeah, Grudens a loose cannon and he was dumb enough to put it on e-mail, but getting fired for this is a little over the top. He doesn't sound like a racist.

my mistake, he resigned
    I don't think you've read the rest of the story. There are 7-10 years worth of emails with lots of comments that would make Archie Bunker blush.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post

I'm betting more than half of all owners, coaches and players in the league have said some of the same things over the course of years.
    He lost his job because he was STUPID enough to put it in writing and send it to other people's computers across league owned networks. That's royally stupid beyond repair.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I don't think you've read the rest of the story. There are 7-10 years worth of emails with lots of comments that would make Archie Bunker blush.

- - - Updated - - -

He lost his job because he was STUPID enough to put it in writing and send it to other people's computers across league owned networks. That's royally stupid beyond repair.
    I agree. How many others were just as stupid and haven't been turned out...yet?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    I agree. How many others were just as stupid and haven't been turned out...yet?
    I have a feeling we're gonna find out. In corporate America we're way smarter than that, but I'm not sure about football coaches and execs that have spent their whole lives insulated around locker rooms.

But you're right, Gruden was a bad coach and you're lucky to be unsaddled from him.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

I guess i didn't, if he went that far he's an idiot. When your full of yourself (which he seemed to be) you tend to do stupid stuff

Oh and I hope he never works on TV again either. Not because of this but because he royally SUCKED at it. He used the same lazy comment over and over. "This guy is the best ____ at this." You can tell some color guys will actually meet with the players leading up to the game and talk about a story they shared but this lazy POS was horrible as a color guy that put little to no effort into it. Good riddance.

Keyshawn (whom I don't care for) put it best: "He's a used car salesman." (no offense to the used car salesmen out there!)

Yep, goes without saying you have to assume that any communication on any employer-provided email address is going to be monitored. A lot of times when you log in, there's a splash banner that reminds you that you have no privacy when using that system and consent to monitoring. So yep, that was incredibly stupid on his part.