Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game balls vs. Broncos.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Game balls vs. Broncos.

2-3.

Balls: Najee Harris was outstanding. Ben with two touchdown throws. Looked much better today.

Goats: Harris' injury. 4th Quarter Defense.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: Game balls vs. Broncos.

Side note: JuJu is at the hospital.

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Gameballs

Offense: Harris showed why he was our first round pick. I'll give some props to the OL as well. They opened up some nice holes for Najee. Diontae made some big plays, so he gets one too.

Defense: Cam was a monster today.

Goats: Ballage is worse than Snell. Pierre didn't have a good game, but the int made up for it.

Senior Member Array title="that1guy is a splendid one to behold">

Balls to The offensive line, Najee and Boz

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Ball: Canada, (after I questioned his play calling last week) Harris, Ben, (even with some bad throws), Clay, Johnson, all the TE's, Most of the oline, Cam, Boz

Goat: 2nd half D, snell

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    They seem to be saying its his shoulder, but I'm afraid his upper arm may be broke. I hope not.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

That sucks. Hope Juju is OK and recovers very soon.

Thanks for the update.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Najee, seems like this season is gonna be like the 90s, the run game has to do well or it’s a loss

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Speaking of Boz....wrap that man in bubble wrap.

Did you seeing how many missed FG there were in Cinci today.......5!!!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

From the little I was able to watch. It seemed that the line was better AND the Steelers attempted to make plays over the middle of the field. Was that the case? Or was the Claypool TD an outlier?

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Game ball: Najee, Claypool, DJ, Matt America, OL for improving but Chuks is automatic flag every week.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Speaking of Boz....wrap that man in bubble wrap.

Did you seeing how many missed FG there were in Cinci today.......5!!!
    Yeah, thank God GB finally made one and handed Cincy a loss.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Balls - Najee, OL, Ben, 1st half defense

Goats - Injuries, 2nd half defense

Special shout out to Pierre, he didn’t have the best game (aside from he was covering a top WR) but came through at the end when it mattered.

The bye can’t come soon enough. We should get Banner, Tuitt, Sutton all back and TJ at 100%. Then we can see what th future holds for this team. If what we saw today from the OL means they are finally starting to gel (which was my hope from before the season, thinking we would be 3-3 and at the bye we would know if the OL was trending up or down and with then the season) then our running game should start making some strides and take the pressure off Ben and the passing game.

Game balls vs. Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    From the little I was able to watch. It seemed that the line was better AND the Steelers attempted to make plays over the middle of the field. Was that the case? Or was the Claypool TD an outlier?
    Yes, a few connected passes over the middle, but honestly the OL blocking and opening up holes for Najee is what sparked the passing offense he was pushing and carrying defenders 5yds and juking them out of their shoes, and we only had one drive killing drop that I recall (Najee on 3rd) and one poor 3rd and long short pass that had no chance of getting a 1st.

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Najee, seems like this season is gonna be like the 90s, the run game has to do well or it’s a loss
    Agreed. It was pretty telling to me how confident they are in Ben when they got the ball at around the 1:40 mark in the second quarter and they were content with going into the half instead of possibly turning the ball over.

If the running game can stay consistent then I believe we can win a lot of games much similar to the Kordell/Bus days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Yes, a few connected passes over the middle, but honestly the OL blocking and opening up holes for Najee is what sparked the passing offense he was pushing and carrying defenders 5yds and juking them out of their shoes, and we only had one drive killing drop that I recall (Najee on 3rd) and one poor 3rd and long short pass that had no chance of getting a 1st.
    The drop by White was pretty bad.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Honorable Mention for Harvin, only punted it twice, but his average was 59.5, with a long of 63.

Gameball to the Chargers for beating the Browns!

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Gameballs to Najee, the o line for playing better, Pierre for the TD saving tackle that forced a FG, and Boz for his consistency

No goats, feels like forever since the Steelers won a game

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

the o-line is getting better every week. Ben had some nice moments today. The Claypool TD was a dart.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Ben is strictly an O'Donnell/Tomczak level game manager at this point in his career. He can no longer perform at a high level so the Offense can no longer run through him anymore (as in, 40-50 passes a game). If it comes down to Ben to make something happen, then the Steelers are in trouble. Take the pressure off of Ben with the run game.

The Offensive Line, and the Running game has to step up big time the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Ben is strictly an O'Donnell/Tomczak level game manager at this point in his career. He can no longer perform at a high level so the Offense can no longer run through him anymore (as in, 40-50 passes a game). If it comes down to Ben to make something happen, then the Steelers are in trouble. Take the pressure off of Ben with the run game and avoid situations where he'll potentially turn the ball over.

The Offensive Line, and the Running game has to step up big time the rest of the year.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

The o-line was solid. Even on the sack-fumble, Ben had 5 seconds before the hit. He needed to be more decisive. That was on him.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Ben is strictly an O'Donnell/Tomczak level game manager at this point in his career. He can no longer perform at a high level so the Offense can no longer run through him anymore (as in, 40-50 passes a game). If it comes down to Ben to make something happen, then the Steelers are in trouble. Take the pressure off of Ben with the run game.

So I guess you don’t consider that perfect throw to Johnson on the 6th play of the game for a TD, “ making something happen”?

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    So I guess you don’t consider that perfect throw to Johnson on the 6th play of the game for a TD, “ making something happen”?
    Or the absolute dart to Claypool? I think people need to allow the offensive line to continue to progress and receivers to continue to create separation. The only bad play I can think of being on Ben was the fumble and NONE of the receivers were able to beat man coverage on the play.

It happens. If anything I think Ben is losing the football on hits more at this point in his career, but to judge him or the offense on the shitty sample size we've had thus far is stupid.

Then again I feel like some people would rather be right in their criticism than acknowledge success or put a positive stamp on something without excuses or negativity. If you're looking for things to be wrong, you'll find them.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Gameballs: Ben, Harris, Receivers, Canada. I didn’t realize how many personnel decisions that Ben makes while on the field. Being at the game, he was pulling/requesting certain players on and off the field. I saw him do it on at least three occasions (Freiermuth, Ebron, Ballage). Canada did exactly what the Tavens did to stretch the Broncos pass rush further outside by spreading the TEs and receivers spilts further out, forcing the DEs/OLBs further out. By the time they got in, the OTs were set and waiting. It was nice work on getting Ben some extra time.

Goats: Steelers 4th quarter defense and the call to throw a couple yards instead of going for the first down.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Ben made a small handful of good throws. At one point he’d completed less than 50% of his passes. He missed multiple open guys in just the half game I saw.

Don’t let good results blind you to bad process. Most of this board had Ben triumphantly winning an MVP as he led an unbeaten juggernaut through the playoffs last season. Meanwhile the signs were all there that he was struggling and diminished.

Two TDs don’t change the underlying reality. It pushes the ceiling of that reality up a bit.

But, Edman and others are correct. Ben needs to complement other components of the offense/team. He’s no longer the main ingredient.

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

im not here to bash ben but he was a couple lucky int drops way from being #1 goat. he did good enough, looked more accurate overall this week when it counted.

Ben made a small handful of good throws. At one point he’d completed less than 50% of his passes. He missed multiple open guys in just the half game I saw.

Don’t let good results blind you to bad process. Most of this board had Ben triumphantly winning an MVP as he led an unbeaten juggernaut through the playoffs last season. Meanwhile the signs were all there that he was struggling and diminished.

Two TDs don’t change the underlying reality. It pushes the ceiling of that reality up a bit.

But, Edman and others are correct. Ben needs to complement other components of the offense/team. He’s no longer the main ingredient.
    I don’t think most ppl here are saying the offense needs all pro Ben (I certainly wasn’t) but that our OL and running game needed to step up and balance out offense. Today’s play was indicative of how our offense needs to work for a successful season.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

He actually made a lot of good throws and throws that were right on target that receivers dropped. He was far better today than he had been earlier in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bayz101 View Post
    Or the absolute dart to Claypool? I think people need to allow the offensive line to continue to progress and receivers to continue to create separation. The only bad play I can think of being on Ben was the fumble and NONE of the receivers were able to beat man coverage on the play.

It happens. If anything I think Ben is losing the football on hits more at this point in his career, but to judge him or the offense on the shitty sample size we've had thus far is stupid.

Then again I feel like some people would rather be right in their criticism than acknowledge success or put a positive stamp on something without excuses or negativity. If you're looking for things to be wrong, you'll find them.
    BAYZ is here!!!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    BAYZ is here!!!
    now we just need buddha bus back lol