Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game balls vs. Broncos.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Game balls vs. Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    now we just need buddha bus back lol
    That would be awesome!!!

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    So I guess you don’t consider that perfect throw to Johnson on the 6th play of the game for a TD, “ making something happen”?
    Ben has been hitting those types of throws all season, even at his worst. Even Rudolph can make that throw. Ben did it against the Packers the week prior before he started his melt down. The Claypool touchdown was legitimately a good throw. But he also had several other bad ones that should've been intercepted, and he tacked on a turnover that gave Denver a field goal.

Ben had himself a decent game, but mostly because he wasn't asked to do much as he was usually asked to do. He had 25 attempts, and he had his best game all season. But none of this is possible without the O Line improving.

Again, it all depends on the O-Line and running game. They are the engine that makes this offense go.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

now we just need buddha bus back lol
    I miss harrison'samonster.

I never get any likes anymore.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Just let the o line continue to improve, TJ gets healthy and we get our pass rush back, and Ben plays competent mistake free football and we have a shot of still making some noise this season (I’ve accepted that pre elbow surgery Ben ain’t coming back)

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post

Bringing back memories with those names…Steeler Canada, Tony, a lot of good posters…

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Ben has been hitting those types of throws all season, even at his worst. Even Rudolph can make that throw. Ben did it against the Packers the week prior before he started his melt down. The Claypool touchdown was legitimately a good throw. But he also had several other bad ones that should've been intercepted, and he tacked on a turnover that gave Denver a field goal.

Ben had himself a decent game, but mostly because he wasn't asked to do much as he was usually asked to do. He had 25 attempts, and he had his best game all season. But none of this is possible without the O Line improving.

Again, it all depends on the O-Line and running game. They are the engine that makes this offense go.
    You can say that about any QB on any given Sunday. Mahomes had bad throws. Rodgers had bad throws. Prescott had terrible throws, Herbert had terrible throws…the list is pretty long. You’re just piling on because it’s Ben and trying to fit a season long narrative. Ben wasn’t even remotely close to as bad as he’s been and had far more “good throws”/“tight window throws” then bad throws yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Some plays that deserve some attention:

Claypool sliding (as opposed to being forced out of bounds). It took another 30 seconds off of the clock. Smart.

Pierre intercepting the ball on fourth down. Normally, on fourth down, the mantra is “knock it down.” But, intercepting that ball moved it out to the 20 yard line… giving the offense room to kneel down.

Minkah’s reaction to Pierre’s INT. If at any point yesterday, you were as happy as Minkah was at that moment, then you had an excellent day.

Ben’s TD to Claypool. Across the middle/between the hash marks AND deep… check and check.

DJ’s run after the catch. Last week, DJ ran sideways. Someone coached him up to go forward… and his “run after the catch” was one of the best I’ve seen in a while.

Najee. He was great. There was one stutter-step that was beautiful. Not quite Barry Sanders (who is???), but I got that same feeling.

Heyward. Pick a play. The dude is playing the BEST defense of anyone on this team… maybe even the entire league.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Some plays that deserve some attention:

Claypool sliding (as opposed to being forced out of bounds). It took another 30 seconds off of the clock. Smart.

Pierre intercepting the ball on fourth down. Normally, on fourth down, the mantra is “knock it down.” But, intercepting that ball moved it out to the 20 yard line… giving the offense room to kneel down.

Minkah’s reaction to Pierre’s INT. If at any point yesterday, you were as happy as Minkah was at that moment, then you had an excellent day.

Ben’s TD to Claypool. Across the middle/between the hash marks AND deep… check and check.

DJ’s run after the catch. Last week, DJ ran sideways. Someone coached him up to go forward… and his “run after the catch” was one of the best I’ve seen in a while.

Najee. He was great. There was one stutter-step that was beautiful. Not quite Barry Sanders (who is???), but I got that same feeling.

Heyward. Pick a play. The dude is playing the BEST defense of anyone on this team… maybe even the entire league.
    Pierre tackling Javonte. Saved a TD and Bush gets the sack in that drive.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Yeah Pierre affected 11 points with those two splash plays.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Yeah Pierre affected 11 points with those two splash plays.
    True, but he is also putting up tape that says a speed receiver can beat him on a straight 9 if he doesnt have safety help. Something that he needs to work on in his game and the Steelers need to work on disguising coverages or scheming some safety help to him in situations.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    True, but he is also putting up tape that says a speed receiver can beat him on a straight 9 if he doesnt have safety help. Something that he needs to work on in his game and the Steelers need to work on disguising coverages or scheming some safety help to him in situations.
    True. To be fair, all the Steelers corners are putting that on tape this season. Witherspoon was supposed to provide that missing element of speed and be able to turn and run with WRs down the field. Oops. He got roasted when they tried that.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Good to finally see a game plan with a commitment to the run game. I honestly think Najee looks plenty fast compared to all the RBs we had since Mendenhall. He looks a lot quicker than Bell tbh.

His run style reminds me a little of Marshawn Lynch. The guy never stops moving his legs after contact and consistently picks up extra yards where most backs would've been stopped. Like Lynch, he doesn't look like a 'big' RB, but he definitely runs with a lot of power.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Good to finally see a game plan with a commitment to the run game. I honestly think Najee looks plenty fast compared to all the RBs we had since Mendenhall. He looks a lot quicker than Bell tbh.

His run style reminds me a little of Marshawn Lynch. The guy never stops moving his legs after contact and consistently picks up extra yards where most backs would've been stopped. Like Lynch, he doesn't look like a 'big' RB, but he definitely runs with a lot of power.
    That GB DB that tried to tackle Najee is on IR now.

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Pierre tackling Javonte. Saved a TD and Bush gets the sack in that drive.
    I had forgotten about that!!! His hustle play/tackle saved 4 points.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

It's a shame everyone here only gets to interact with the B-team from Steelers Fever.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Zach Gentry.

He is playing well enough to make 2 TEs an actual viable package. Why does that matter?

Because he was on the field during Claypool's big 50+ yard play. So what? That kept the Broncos in base. Which meant Von Miller was in coverage on Claypool.

So Claypool gets an "easy" big play because Gentry finally learned how to block. That's cool.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Zach Gentry.

He is playing well enough to make 2 TEs an actual viable package. Why does that matter?

Because he was on the field during Claypool's big 50+ yard play. So what? That kept the Broncos in base. Which meant Von Miller was in coverage on Claypool.

So Claypool gets an "easy" big play because Gentry finally learned how to block. That's cool.

While Ebron continues to do Ebron things with no improvement.

I really hoped he would embrace the position and make a real effort with his blocking, but I think we are seeing all that Ebron will ever be.

It's nice to see Gentry's overall game continue to improve and see him contribute more.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    While Ebron continues to do Ebron things with no improvement.

I really hoped he would embrace the position and make a real effort with his blocking, but I think we are seeing all that Ebron will ever be.

It's nice to see Gentry's overall game continue to improve and see him contribute more.
    Ebron is exactly what he has always been. And for pre-elbow injury Steelers offense, he would have really been a solid mid tier FA addition to the offense. But as the role of the TE has changed...he's just not really a fit anymore.

Also, Gentry is by far the best blocking TE on the roster. Appears to be solidly on the Matt Spaeth career track.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Zach Gentry.

I’ve been saying Gentry is serviceable for a long time. Glad he’s making me look right…for once…lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

It's a shame everyone here only gets to interact with the B-team from Steelers Fever.
    what a shame, nobody ever physically threatens teegre anymore.

That really is a shame.

Also, as far as I can tell, nobody here thinks Hitler was a dude with some pretty good ideas........Ah, the good old days!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Speaking of which, if teegre doesn't shut his piehole, I'm gonna give him a vacation from walking!

Also, as far as I can tell, nobody here thinks Hitler was a dude with some pretty good ideas........Ah, the good old days!
    Hitler was just misunderstood - he was really trying to help the Jews and save the world from Stalin!

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

……………..come here……can someone close this thread…….NOW?…

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    ……………..come here……can someone close this thread…….NOW?…

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Speaking of which, if teegre doesn't shut his piehole, I'm gonna give him a vacation from walking!

Hitler was just misunderstood - he was really trying to help the Jews and save the world from Stalin!
    Ten years… and I’m still waiting. Scrotis does not keep his promises. Sheesh, and I certainly could use a vacation.

Three people walk into a bar: a racist, a Taperiots fan, and a nut job. That’s enough about TAPES18N1; let me tell you about the other two guys.