Thread: DJ gets open!!!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

DJ gets open!!!

As frustrating as DJ is with his drops and running the wrong routes, he gets open. Period.

Against zone, he gets open 87% of the time. The second-highest is DeAndre Hopkins at 82%.

Against man, he gets open 77% of the time, which is second-best (right behind Davante Adams at 79%).

Also, DJ has more receptions than any other receiver in his draft class… a class that includes Deebo Samuels, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, and Terry McLaurin.

SUMMATION:
    Just imagine how GREAT Diontae “could” be if he ever figures everything out.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: DJ gets open!!!

Better or worse, he is the best skill position player on the team. He can be frustrating at times but he is also the most dangerous weapon on offense. There is a chance Claypool reaches his immense ceiling and surpasses him as a match-up proof player...but it has not happened yet.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Next year when Rodgers and Adams are here we will be unstoppable. I'll miss Juju but Adams will make up for it.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    Next year when Rodgers and Adams are here we will be unstoppable. I'll miss Juju but Adams will make up for it.
    I would keep JuJu. He is 11th on that list. And, he’s still only 24 years old.

Crazy that if the 96 starting WRs in the league, we have two of the top eleven at getting open. Colbert, if nothing else, can absolutely scout receivers.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

If only Martavis didn't soil his pants, he could have been special.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

Crazy that if the 96 starting WRs in the league, we have two of the top eleven at getting open. Colbert, if nothing else, can absolutely scout receivers.
    What's crazy is that Ben is still going to check down to Najee for a 3-yard gain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    If only Martavis didn't soil his pants, he could have been special.
    And if Sweed could have only been able to catch the ball...

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Hands down DJ is the best WR we have!

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

As frustrating as DJ is with his drops and running the wrong routes, he gets open. Period.

Against zone, he gets open 87% of the time. The second-highest is DeAndre Hopkins at 82%.

Against man, he gets open 77% of the time, which is second-best (right behind Davante Adams at 79%).

Also, DJ has more receptions than any other receiver in his draft class… a class that includes Deebo Samuels, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, and Terry McLaurin.

SUMMATION:
    Just imagine how GREAT Diontae “could” be if he ever figures everything out.
    From DJ's rookie season when I first saw him play, the way he ran and moved in and out of his breaks reminded me so much of Antonio Brown. I still see that in him today, but he just does not yet have the consistent hands and ability to catch everything thrown his way that AB did.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dislocatedday View Post
    From DJ's rookie season when I first saw him play, the way he ran and moved in and out of his breaks reminded me so much of Antonio Brown. I still see that in him today, but he just does not yet have the consistent hands and ability to catch everything thrown his way that AB did.
    I said the same. He’s got that shiftiness about him that looks a lot like AB minus what you’ve said.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

So can we stop
    So can we stop the nonsense that the wr's can't get open ?

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Yes but why throw to them when our RB is consistently open for a 4 yard loss in the flat?

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    It is lame excuse, especially watching Brady and Rodgers throw to guys covered and still complete it. Ben has lost the gunslinger mentality. Game manager might work with superior O line and a D that could stop a third down conversion. Certainly not with the personnel Steelers have.