3 17.65%
  • 6-11

1 5.88%
  • 7 or more wins

8 47.06%
  • 17-3 (teegree)

2 11.76%

Thread: Revised Predictions for W/L Record

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Revised Predictions for W/L Record

After a 4-game sample size, what is your revised prediction for the final W/L record?

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Re: Revised Predictions for W/L Record

I originally thought 9-8, 10-7 best possible. I figured 2-2 at this point but the way things look a couple of wins I had will now probably be losses. 6-11 is my guess.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

5-12 most likely IMO. The defense will keep them in some of the games, and I think the offensive line will gel enough to make the running game work at some point. They're overall a bad team, but the defense should keep them competitive vs some of the weaker opponents. They probably will pull off an upset against a team they had no business beating at some point (probably a division opponent like the ravens or browns)

I think they'd get a couple more wins if they made a QB change right now, but I don't think this organization has it in them to give Ben the Eli Manning treatment

Senior Member Array title="CV1 is a jewel in the rough"> CV1's Avatar

I can see wins against the Lions, Bears and Vikings… but honestly I can see us losing out the remaining games with how we’ve been playing.

Yeah yeah, I’ll find the door

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Yep

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I mean it would be totally on brand to have a few mini hot streaks and mess around and go 8-9 or 6-11 or some such nonsense and be stuck picking just low enough to miss a QB.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

9-10 Wins was my best case before the season. I think absolute, overachieving best at this point is 5-6 and I think that is overly generous. IMO, realistically, it would be around 4. I think they could win this week against Denver and then maybe pick up 2-3 more?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

I'm going with 4-13. We will win a tough game at some point, but then lose to the Lions or someone.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

I figured we would be 3-3 after 6 games, at that point we would know where this team stood. Either the OL would allow a decent running game or we would be in trouble. I am not sure how good the Packers Def is, but we were doing a pretty good job running in the first half of that game. We will see if the OL is starting to gel next week or if the Packers Def is just not good. We could still be 3-3 at the bye.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

2 wins down… 15 more wins to go

If the season ended today, the Steelers would be the 7th seed.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

So let’s keep the pace...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    So let’s keep the pace...lol.
    Welcome aboard!!!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

Smart post.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    I'm going with 4-13. We will win a tough game at some point, but then lose to the Lions or someone.
    don't you know that Tomlin never has a losing record?

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

6 - 11, bottom feeder.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I am thinking losing record though they probably win enough to get to around 7-8 wins and pick near the middle of the draft. The thing is the schedule gets harder and every team other than the Lions will be better than the Russell Wilson-less Seahawks (and probably the Broncos). Also every QB they face will probably be better than Geno Smith who they had trouble stopping, I would say barring injuries but even most backups are better than Geno Smith

3 wins down… 14 more to go.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    So, I guess now we go on a ten game losing streak?

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    So, I guess now we go on a ten game losing streak?
    Yes.

Okay, I'll give them the Bears and Lions and revised it to 6 wins. But we all know they will probably lose to one of them then go into Baltimore and win.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Revised Predictions for W/L Record

Well, we are at 4-3, winnable next 2 games so going into the Chargers I think we will be at 6-3, I think we will be 10-7. From my post above, we are getting some decent running lanes and that is taking the pressure off Ben to have to try to carry this team (which he can no longer do). The better the OL starts getting the running game going, the better Ben can play and hopefully we will not need the empty set on passing downs as much, keeping a RB and/or TEs into help with pass blocking.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Ben and Tomlin pride themselves on always being .500 ballers. Gotta go with 7 or more.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant