Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We want Mason!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

We want Mason!

Ben is done, how much longer do we have to watch this shit show?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: We want Mason!

I have no idea. I have no idea how anyone will be able to come on here and defend Ben at this point. He has left 21 easy points on teh field.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I’d rather just watch Ben be terrible then watch Mason be terrible. Lose/lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I’d rather just watch Ben be terrible then watch Mason be terrible. Lose/lose.
    can he be worse than Ben at this point? Ben is missing wide open shots, one that would’ve been a guaranteed TD, possibly 2

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    can he be worse than Ben at this point? Ben is missing wide open shots, one that would’ve been a guaranteed TD, possibly 2
    no possible way he’d be worse

- - - Updated - - -

sprain ankle ben

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Ben is done, how much longer do we have to watch this shit show?
    You are free to turn off the TV

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    i was about to until fumble

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I have no idea. I have no idea how anyone will be able to come on here and defend Ben at this point. He has left 21 easy points on teh field.
    Nobody is defending him. But anybody actually thinking we have anybody better needs their head examined.

It’s my duty as a fan to witness the demise of the Big Ben era

Nobody is defending him. But anybody actually thinking we have anybody better needs their head examined.
    you gotta cut the cord at some point. After fumble and 2 missed TD passes today as good time as any for a benching. Ben isnt the future nor the present

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I will bet you serious money that Rudolph has 3 TDs in this game if he started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Might as well see what you got in Haskins. What makes Ben better than the other QBs in 2021? Don't tell me past performance, we're talking 2021

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

Change QB, Ben ain't it anymore

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

They can make the change at qb but it's not going to change much of anything when they roll out the same worn out game plan.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

With the missed TD throws and shitty FG block call we should have 21-28 more points.

Please find and "injury" to gracefully allow Ben to exit. He has his 400 TD and passed Marino, not it is time to ride off into the sunset.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    They can make the change at qb but it's not going to change much of anything when they roll out the same worn out game plan.
    Oh I agree but at least Mason makes some of those throws and it's a different game. If they stay with Ben this is a 1-3 win team tops.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

It's time for ben to retire

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

by the same crew that wanted to run him out of town.

Senior Member Array title="that1guy is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    by the same crew that wanted to run him out of town.
    Wouldn't you think giving Mason a shot may lead to a spark of some kind? The Offense can't gain traction in its current form so why not give something different a try? We all love Ben but either injury or age isn't allowing him to play at a high enough level so change something up.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
    Wouldn't you think giving Mason a shot may lead to a spark of some kind? The Offense can't gain traction in its current form so why not give something different a try? We all love Ben but either injury or age isn't allowing him to play at a high enough level so change something up.
    I've been all for giving MR a shot since he came here. Ben for some reason never liked MR, but he's better than Ben now. I just hope Art Rooney has a plan for this mess, I mean they had to think this might happen with Ben.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Have to give Mason a shot. Ben was missing open receivers. He had some time in the pocket this game, can’t keep blaming the o line.

If there are two big goats this game it’s the refs for two big blown calls and Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I've been all for giving MR a shot since he came here. Ben for some reason never liked MR, but he's better than Ben now. I just hope Art Rooney has a plan for this mess, I mean they had to think this might happen with Ben.
    The writing was definitely on the wall for this to happen. I'm sure Art has a great relationship with Ben and Ben has a ton of pull with the organization but the time has come to do what is best for the Steelers now. The plan is most likely to draft Ben's successor in next year's draft, question is do the like anyone who will be available and what do they have to give up for the best QB in the draft. The AFC North has excellent young QBs and the Steelers can't draft someone who is mediocre and expect to be competitive.

It’s 2am here, I’m going to bed.

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

The writing was definitely on the wall for this to happen. I'm sure Art has a great relationship with Ben and Ben has a ton of pull with the organization but the time has come to do what is best for the Steelers now. The plan is most likely to draft Ben's successor in next year's draft, question is do the like anyone who will be available and what do they have to give up for the best QB in the draft. The AFC North has excellent young QBs and the Steelers can't draft someone who is mediocre and expect to be competitive.
    They may not have to give up anything.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Baker Mayfield is anything but excellent. He's just doing what he needs to do and the Browns are winning.

Borderline average QB play and the Steelers are 2-2/3-1 this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Baker Mayfield is anything but excellent. He's just doing what he needs to do and the Browns are winning.

102.1 QBR, I'd say that's pretty good

Senior Member Array title="Steelerchad is a jewel in the rough">

Ben needs to do this team a solid and fake an injury. Wish he would have retired, instead we are paying $36M for QB play that is nowhere near NFL caliber play.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Honestly if they can conjure up a Ben face saving injury, I'd roll the dice on Haskins for a few weeks. We already know exactly who Mason is. He's at best a bookmark waiting on a real QB. Haskins is a question mark at this point. He's either good or we get a high draft pick

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post

LMAO. Steelers defense has shown up for one game. Since then, their defense has been about as effective as the Maginot line. They've allowed 77 points in the last three games. Would we have won the last three games with a better defense? Not necessarily, no. But claiming we'd be 2-2 or 3-1 with an average QB is silly.

This team has a lot more problems than just the QB right now.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    LMAO. Steelers defense has shown up for one game. Since then, their defense has been about as effective as the Maginot line. They've allowed 77 points in the last three games. Would we have won the last three games with a better defense? Not necessarily, no. But claiming we'd be 2-2 or 3-1 with an average QB is silly.

Mason doesn't go 3 and out constantly and can manage the game, or put the Defense into bad spots. Mason won't badly overthrow receivers on short or intermediate routes.

Senior Member Array title="Dissolv is a splendid one to behold"> Dissolv's Avatar

100% Agree. Rudolph isn't a magic fixit for this team. They need to get better at a LOT of things, that's the problem. Is Ben done? Well, yeah. But would putting in Mason get you more of a chance to win, is the question of the day. It isn't like he is all that mobile, and likely to fit into Canada's scheme.

We all knew that the Steelers are going to play the hand that they were dealt, and that means Ben, at least for a while longer.