Thread: Anybody follow the UFL?

Pennsylvanian at heart Array title="steelpinstripe87 will become famous soon enough"> steelpinstripe87's Avatar

Anybody follow the UFL?

Possibly a silly question, given that it's so new, but I'll be following it! And why? Because my best friend, former UB punter Ben Woods, will be signing a contract with the Hartford Colonials tomorrow! The Colonials will be opening the season at home (Rentschler Field) against the Sacramento Mountain Lions.
    MAR, May 2012

Shenaniguy Array title="kmsteelerwr15 is on a distinguished road"> kmsteelerwr15's Avatar

I would LOVE to follow it; I can never get enough football. The problem is that my school doesn't get VS, but I guess I could try and find it online.

Pennsylvanian at heart Array title="steelpinstripe87 will become famous soon enough"> steelpinstripe87's Avatar

Yeah, VS is through Time Warner Cable...and even then only in some areas. I have Time Warner here in Lake Placid, but no VS. Time Warner in Buffalo has VS...but not everyone in Buffalo has Time Warner (like those who live on UB North Campus). I guess that's what the article I was reading meant when they said the UFL had "no TV coverage."
    MAR, May 2012

Shenaniguy Array title="kmsteelerwr15 is on a distinguished road"> kmsteelerwr15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelpinstripe87 View Post
    Yeah, VS is through Time Warner Cable...and even then only in some areas. I have Time Warner here in Lake Placid, but no VS. Time Warner in Buffalo has VS...but not everyone in Buffalo has Time Warner (like those who live on UB North Campus). I guess that's what the article I was reading meant when they said the UFL had "no TV coverage."
    I have it on DirecTV but I'm barely home during that time of years since I am at school.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Football is football, no matter what league it is! I didn't watch many games (if any) last year but I definitely want to this year.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

They were showing games online last year. I was watching because a couple of ex Steelers were playing and I was very bored @work.

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    They were showing games online last year. I was watching because a couple of ex Steelers were playing and I was very bored @work.
    O.K. hopefully they will have them up there again

YES!!!

Colonials sign 19
    June 4, 2010 by UFL Press

HARTFORD, CT – Thursday, June 3, 2010 – Hartford Colonials Head Coach and General Manager Chris Palmer announced Thursday the team has added 19 players to the roster.

Former UConn offensive lineman Mike Hicks was among the free agents the Colonials signed. He joins running back Andre Dixon, safety Dahna Deleston and linebacker Danny Lansanah as former UConn players who are currently on Hartford’s roster, which stands at 70. The Colonials selected Dixon in the first round of Wednesday’s UFL draft.

Hicks, a Seymour, CT native, started 48 games in his college career with the Huskies. He played in all 13 games as a senior last year and was part of an offensive line that opened holes for 1,000-plus yard rushers Jordan Todman and Dixon.

As a junior, Hicks started 13 games at right tackle and helped running back Donald Brown lead the nation in rushing.

The Colonials also signed linebacker Tank Daniels, who has played 27 games in the NFL with the Eagles, Giants and Jaguars. He appeared in 16 games with Philadelphia in 2008. The previous season with the Giants, he played in four regular season games and all four postseason games, including Super Bowl XLII.

Vince Redd, who played five games for the Patriots in 2008, was one of four defensive linemen the Colonials added to the roster. The team also signed three offensive linemen, three linebackers, three wide receiver, two defensive backs, one tight end, one long snapper, one punter and one place kicker.

Twenty of the 31 players the Colonials added to the roster this week participated in one of the three open tryouts last month.

The team’s mini-camp is June 11-13 at Sage Park in Berlin. It is open to the public. For ticket information and team news, go to www.HartfordColonials.com or www.ufl-football.com.

The 19 players the Colonials signed Thursday:
    OL ANDERSON ZACH AKRON 6-5 328 9/23/87
    OL BUSTLE WILLIAM LOUISIANA-LAFAYETTE 6-2 295 4/16/87
    LB DANIELS TANK HARDING 6-3 248 12/27/81
    DL HARRINGTON KYLE MASSACHUSETTS 6-3 286 4/3/87
    OL HICKS MIKE CONNECTICUT 6-6 320 9/24/86
    WR HORD DONALD NORTHERN IOWA 6-1 202 1/31/87
    DL LEGRANDE SHEMIAH HOFSTRA 6-0 282 9/10/86
    LS LINDSEY TIM WEST VIRGINIA 6-4 260 6/15/83
    WR MCBRIDE SHAHEER DELAWARE STATE 6-2 205 2/6/85
    K MEHLHAFF TAYLOR WISCONSIN 510 184 8/25/85
    LB MUNOZ DAMASO RUTGERS 6-0 221 7/10/86
    TE PUTZIER JEB BOISE STATE 6-4 256 1/20/79
    DL REDD VINCE LIBERTY 6-6 260 9/1/85
    WR ROBINSON ANDREW LOUISVILLE 5-9 191 3/4/87
    DB SMALLS SEAN MASSACHUSETTS 6-1 210 4/20/87
    LB STEVENS JORDAN MAINE 6-2 251 2/23/87
    DB WHITEHURST KYLE HAMPTON 6-2 178 1/19/82
    P WOODS BEN BUFFALO 6-2 200 2/26/86
    DL YOUNG CHARLES HAMPTON 6-6 275 8/1/87

LINK

Sorry guys, just really, REALLY excited right now!
    MAR, May 2012

Wildcat Steelers fan Array title="steelersfanman92 is an unknown quantity at this point"> steelersfanman92's Avatar

I followed it as much as I could last season. The best part was when Kordell Stewart was the sideline reporter.