Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Liz Cheney heads to New Hampshire -fuels talk of her running for President in 2024

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: Liz Cheney heads to New Hampshire -fuels talk of her running for President in 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post

lol pretty much gotta admit i think ken copeland is entertaining though

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Liz Cheney heads to New Hampshire -fuels talk of her running for President in 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    A big part of the Republican base is the white evangelical christians, have to keep them happy. I have no problem with religious people in general, but evangelicals give me the creeps. They're honestly the closest thing to satan worshippers I've ever seen, total batshit crazy
    I really try to avoid getting wound up about evangelicals and other flavors of right focused mega-church Christians. But...the alliance between those groups and the GOP and the pandering that comes from it is a massive barrier to rational and reasonable political discussion.

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

The Bible Belt use to be under the Democratic Party, but the civil rights issue of the 60s forced the former confederacy towards the GOP and that was when the Republican party was lost.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

A big part of the Republican base is the white evangelical christians, have to keep them happy. I have no problem with religious people in general, but evangelicals give me the creeps. They're honestly the closest thing to satan worshippers I've ever seen, total batshit crazy
    What about the actual Satan worshippers, which side are they on?
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    What about the actual Satan worshippers, which side are they on?
    I wouldn't know to be honest. I'm nonreligious so I don't believe in god, so I don't believe satan exists either. What I meant by satan worshippers was just basically meaning that those people seem possessed by something lol (most likely bad acting). I personally believe that most people who follow a religion is basically because they find the thought of nonexistence after death uncomfortable, or because they grew up with it and never thought to question any of it.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I personally believe that most people who follow a religion is basically because they find the thought of nonexistence after death uncomfortable, or because they grew up with it and never thought to question any of it.
    That's probably the big draw for a lot of people. For many others, I think religion is a way of reassuring themselves that their existence has some meaning or purpose, even if they are not personally accomplishing anything special with their lives. Basically an ongoing remedy against the equivalent of a midlife crisis. Evangelicals are pretty wack, but most of the time I don't think it's anything more serious than that.

A big problem, though, is that while many people now are not religious, there is still the same fundamental need to have a sense that your life has meaning - it is a basic condition of being human. And so they turn to something else to fill that need. For a growing number of people, activism and politics have filled that emptiness as a sort of pseudo-religion, with government as the deity at the center. It is not just as an insult that I say liberals have formed a cult - although it is definitely an insult as well.

At any rate, that has a lot to do with why political issues are so toxic and hostile now. Many people have basically staked their sense of purpose on it. And it is a poor substitute for religion for those people, despite all the problems religion has of its own.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    .......... It is not just as an insult that I say liberals have formed a cult - although it is definitely an insult as well.........
    Of course the only reason you call the Democratic Party a cult is because you know that Trumpism is cultistic but you don't have the balls to openly admit it.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    Of course the only reason you call the Democratic Party a cult is because you know that Trumpism is cultistic but you don't have the balls to openly admit it.
    More projection.

To be in a cult I think you would have to believe in something impossible. For example, Democrats believe men can become pregnant.
    Hater = Realist

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    More projection.

To be in a cult I think you would have to believe in something impossible. For example, Democrats believe men can become pregnant.
    Cracker

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    Cracker
    Looks like the progressives are making progress. They are calling names using different buzzwords after they've lost the argument, not just racist or sexist. Well done!

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Looks like the progressives are making progress. They are calling names using different buzzwords after they've lost the argument, not just racist or sexist. Well done!
    He thinks I am White��. It’s normal for liberals to be racist and sexist.
    Hater = Realist

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    How ironic. You fools voted for a racist.

lol. same type of thing the Trumpers rally around?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    lol. same type of thing the Trumpers rally around?
    Because Trumpsters rallied around bidens racist quotes?

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trump's comments are "shocking.......shameful......racist....."

Trump seen as, "unapologetic racist."

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Sounds pretty accurate. I guess truth is racism...