Thread: Freiermuth is the Truth

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Freiermuth is the Truth

Here are his stats:

8 receptions for 82 yards
    6 first downs, 1 TD
    134 passer rating when he’s targeted

NOTE: 7 of his 8 receptions became a first down or TD. WOW!!! It’s like he’s the answer to our problem of passing deep over the middle.

Sure, he has had two “drops”, but IMO, both of those were passes that were nearly impossible to catch (behind & low, too high); conversely, Ebron has dropped three that were perfect throws.

SUMMATION:
    Shoes (and all of us) should be happy. This kid is going to be a top five type of TE in this league for the next decade.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Freiermuth is the Truth

He has looked surprisingly more ready for the NFL than I thought. Things to work on...but rookie TEs are notoriously slow to impact in a big way. So not worried at all.

He should be fun to watch for a long time.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Now imagine when we have a QB that can move without panicking. Travis Kelce does so well because Mahomes scrambles, the defense panics and Kelce finds the wide open holes the safeties leave open when they start chasing Mahomes.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Here are his stats:

8 receptions for 82 yards
    6 first downs, 1 TD
    134 passer rating when he’s targeted

NOTE: 7 of his 8 receptions became a first down or TD. WOW!!! It’s like he’s the answer to our problem of passing deep over the middle.

Sure, he has had two “drops”, but IMO, both of those were passes that were nearly impossible to catch (behind & low, too high); conversely, Ebron has dropped three that were perfect throws.

SUMMATION:
    Shoes (and all of us) should be happy. This kid is going to be a top five type of TE in this league for the next decade.
    Yep, get a good one and you don't have to think about the position for 10 years. Now lets put ebron on the pine.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Yep, get a good one and you don't have to think about the position for 10 years. Now lets put ebron on the pine.
    Ebron is in the last year of his contract. He can move on like Ben after this year.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I have a feeling he’s going to end up being our best pick in this draft

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    Ebron is in the last year of his contract. He can move on like Ben after this year.
    after rethinking this I say play him(ebron) until the oline improves.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

after rethinking this I say play him(ebron) until the oline improves.
    I know that you are joking, but…

On the opening drive, it is third-&-nine. Ben throws a perfect pass (PERFECT pass) to Ebron… who drops it. It would have been good for fifteen yards and a first down… and could have changed the outlook of the game.

NOTE: There is less that 0.01% chance that Freiermuth drops that. It was a gimme. Ebron is soooo annoying.

I know that you are joking, but…

On the opening drive, it is third-&-nine. Ben throws a perfect pass (PERFECT pass) to Ebron… who drops it. It would have been good for fifteen yards and a first down… and could have changed the outlook of the game.

NOTE: There is less that 0.01% chance that Freiermuth drops that. It was a gimme. Ebron is soooo annoying.
    Yes I really don't get it, I believe Ben has been vocal in getting PF more involved. I don't think they used Miller to his full potential. When the Steelers hiring new coaches, I've always been a fan of adding coaches from the outside to the list of candidates. The Steelers however have always had a bit of clan mentality.

Yes I really don't get it, I believe Ben has been vocal in getting PF more involved. I don't think they used Miller to his full potential. When the Steelers hiring new coaches, I've always been a fan of adding coaches from the outside to the list of candidates. The Steelers however have always had a bit of clan mentality.
    Agreed Heath could have been a 10 TD per season guy. Instead, he was utilized like Mark Breuner.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I was hoping they could use Muth more in Juju's current role as short yardage guy and move Juju more to the outside but with the OL playing like 2008 level that won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    I was hoping they could use Muth more in Juju's current role as short yardage guy and move Juju more to the outside but with the OL playing like 2008 level that won't happen.
    Exactly.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Juju is too slow.

I would send Muth straight up the hash marks on every play. He’s a mismatch for the lone deep safety. That should be a staple of this offense.

Alas…

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I would send Muth straight up the hash marks on every play. He’s a mismatch for the lone deep safety. That should be a staple of this offense.

Alas…
    Maybe they can have the punter throw it to him?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Thank you!!! I needed that.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Alas…

Yep Ben didn't even look Pats way, same thing against the Bengals on the same type of play.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

That happens so fast. What’s the read progression there? The two receivers on the right look a hella mess running into each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

The Annexation of Puerto Rico on three. Break!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Yep Ben didn't even look Pats way, same thing against the Bengals on the same type of play.
    Spot on!!! Very similar plays (and dump offs).

I mention it here:
    http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru...l=1#post778706

I would like to point out that the play qualifies for having a receiver running open. Just saying.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    That happens so fast. What’s the read progression there? The two receivers on the right look a hella mess running into each other.
    That was the play that I mentioned where pre snap you could see Friermuth was going to be open. There is one DB on 18 and 88, because Packers #52 Rashaan Gary is going to rush, but even if he drops in zone coverage, its a mismatch.

Johnson runs the rub from inside to outside and Fry hooks up at the first down and is open. This is the reason that I question what Ben is doing. Its honestly a simple read from my recliner and I am not an 18 year NFL veteran. Just locked in on Najee, rather than look at the chain moving TE with great hands. Maybe Ben has CTE and cant process things like he used to??

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Ben needs to look his way a lot more. Pat can get open, is a big target, and has literally caught everything coming his way.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    That was the play that I mentioned where pre snap you could see Friermuth was going to be open. There is one DB on 18 and 88, because Packers #52 Rashaan Gary is going to rush, but even if he drops in zone coverage, its a mismatch.

Johnson runs the rub from inside to outside and Fry hooks up at the first down and is open. This is the reason that I question what Ben is doing. Its honestly a simple read from my recliner and I am not an 18 year NFL veteran. Just locked in on Najee, rather than look at the chain moving TE with great hands. Maybe Ben has CTE and cant process things like he used to??
    Or as Charlie Batch has reported, Ben is running what Canada tells him to run? Freiermuth was clearly not the first read as it was either the mess on the right or Harris. Whatever was run, it wasn’t pretty by any means…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Even if Harris was the first read AND if Ben isn’t allowed to audible… that was not an audible; it was a read. Freiermuth was clearly uncovered. Either Ben didn’t read that or he was being obstinate: “I’m always going to throw it to Canada’s first option.”

Neither is a good thing.

Even if Harris was the first read AND if Ben isn’t allowed to audible… that was not an audible; it was a read. Freiermuth was clearly uncovered. Either Ben didn’t read that or he was being obstinate: “I’m always going to throw it to Canada’s first option.”

Neither is a good thing.

That is where I think we are.