Thread: Banned users

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Banned users

I'd like a mod or admin to answer why a user that is banned for behavior is allowed to come right back in with a different user name, while making no attempt to conceal their identity. I've been a mod on a forum and it's really not that hard to ban someone again.

What is the reason?
    #FireCanada

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Banned users

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I'd like a mod or admin to answer why a user that is banned for behavior is allowed to come right back in with a different user name, while making no attempt to conceal their identity. I've been a mod on a forum and it's really not that hard to ban someone again.

What is the reason?
    Usually the IP Address gets banned and thatís what keeps them from creating a new login. Iím wondering if itís clear the person was banned and is back again, why they wind up staying for long periods of time?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I assumed correctly that this question would be ignored.
    #FireCanada

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has much to be proud of"> bayz101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I assumed correctly that this question would be ignored.
    As a former mod/administrator of several forums myself, it's not as simple as simply banning someone. Hell years ago people had just started getting access to VPN's and proxies and it was difficult as hell to determine when someone was using multiple accounts, now literally ANYONE can access VPN services and pose as a user from different areas anywhere in the world.

It comes down to potentially banning someone who isn't the same user based on assumption.

Now if it is indeed completely obvious, I guess going to the admin/moderator directly about it is a safe bet.
    <br>

Quote Originally Posted by bayz101 View Post
    As a former mod/administrator of several forums myself, it's not as simple as simply banning someone. Hell years ago people had just started getting access to VPN's and proxies and it was difficult as hell to determine when someone was using multiple accounts, now literally ANYONE can access VPN services and pose as a user from different areas anywhere in the world.

It comes down to potentially banning someone who isn't the same user based on assumption.

Now if it is indeed completely obvious, I guess going to the admin/moderator directly about it is a safe bet.
    If the mods spend ANY time on the forum AT ALL, they know it's him. They only banned him to begin with because of the constant pressure from all the faithful members here. He basically trolls and mocks everything Steeler Nation represents and it gets old that they do nothing.
    #FireCanada