Thread: Ben injury

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Ben injury

Pec injury according to ESPN radio report. They said it might affect his ability to prepare for Sunday.

Bring on Mason!!

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Re: Ben injury

Left peck. Not even his throwing peck. Such a drama Queen.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Pec injury according to ESPN radio report. They said it might affect his ability to prepare for Sunday.

Bring on Mason!!
    That will last for 3 minutes into the 1st Q. Then the pitchforks will come out.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    That will last for 3 minutes into the 1st Q. Then the pitchforks will come out.
    See, this season will be entertaining one way or another.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

At least it’s not another groin injury.

I swear groin injuries are the new COVID variant. Seems to be highly contagious.

Senior Member Array title="CV1 is a jewel in the rough"> CV1's Avatar

I bet it was a total freak peck injury too.

Being an old man myself… I’ve yawned while arms outstretched and pulled a rib muscle

‘Ole Ben probably reached to far while in the cafeteria line for some extra sausage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I’m sure it happened with one of the dozen or so hits during Sunday’s game.

As to Rudolph, I actually think he’s the better quarterback at this time. I think he’s good for 17-20 points just like Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I’m sure it happened with one of the dozen or so hits during Sunday’s game.

As to Rudolph, I actually think he’s the better quarterback at this time. I think he’s good for 17-20 points just like Ben.
    I don’t know. I’m trying to figure out what Rudolph can do better. Let’s assume their deep ball is about the same and their ability to dump it off is the same. Maybe Rudolph COULD be better at getting it into tight windows on crossing routes if he had the faith in his arm to try. But that was always the biggest knock on him, so I’m reluctant to say he’s better than Ben at that.

I’m quite certain Ben is better at reading defenses, changing plays at the LOS based on what he sees, going through progressions, pump fakes, and exaggerating painful expressions after every hit he takes.

So what advantage does Rudolph give us?

I think you’re describing who Ben used to be. Have you watched this offense the past 6-7 games? There is nothing explosive about it. Rudolph gives them more mobility and at this stage, more accuracy. But more importantly, Ben isn’t taking this team anywhere. Based on Rudolph’s past two performances, I’d like to see more.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Best of both worlds. I see this pectoral injury as a premeditated excuse for whatever happens Sunday and the rest of the season. If Ben continues his downgrade, it's the pec. If he lights it up, it's in spite of the pec and its proof that he's still got it and the Steelers are making a deep playoff run with him. Win-Win.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

We want Duck!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Setting up excuses for the season???

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    We want Duck!
    He went to Canada. Must be hunting season up there, or he is following the Paxton Lynch blueprint for CFL success.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    He went to Canada. Must be hunting season up there, or he is following the Paxton Lynch blueprint for CFL success.
    It's a shame, i thought he was an alright backup QB, but best of luck to him

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

You would think these guys would have understood this from college?

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/09/zach-banner-says-o-line-has-gotten-message-to-help-their-qb-up/

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Yeah…he signed with someone up there…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    You would think these guys would have understood this from college?

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/09/zach-banner-says-o-line-has-gotten-message-to-help-their-qb-up/
    They should, but it speaks volumes about the state of the team right now. I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't an isolated incident.

There's a major disconnect in the locker room. There's the elder statesman with increasingly questionable play who takes practice days off every week, and then there's everyone else. There has been talk over the years about the Steelers having a questionable locker room culture under Tomlin and incidents like this don't help matters.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Yeah…he signed with someone up there…
    3 year contact w/Ottawa.