Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a good team, period

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Re: This is not a good team, period

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Banned Array title="Lloydwoodsonjr is a splendid one to behold">

^ Exactly. The days of Roethlisberger scoring 35 points every game are over. Good old days.

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    You also had us trading Watt 2 weeks ago, so...
    Bullshit I did. I never once said I would trade Watt. I brought it up for discussion is all. Good try tho

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Better QB play and this would be a pretty good team. Hard to keep running lanes open when the other team puts like 119 guys in the box because they just laugh at your QB's ability to make plays downfield.
    Yeah put Carr in black and gold and Ben in silver and black today and the Steelers win 32-14.

- - - Updated - - -

And I'm concerned that Harris was a bit overhyped as a runner. It's not all the OL. He doesn't see the holes well.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    They were lucky to win last week, with Allen missing a wide-open TD and us getting a ST TD.

This week, well, more of the same old shit without the lucky stuff going our way. The defense keeping them in games was the hope for this season, but already we lost Alualu and Watt for who knows how long

Ben can't complete an intermediate pass to save his life, they're either heaves downfield, WR screens, or checkdowns

O-line can't open running lanes against a team who allowed an undrafted rookie to run all over them last week

It's gonna be a long season, IMO Ben doesn't have it anymore, this is his last season as a Steeler
    The team hasn’t been good for awhile. The rah-rah fans will come up with some excuse for the poor play.

Only one Cowher player left and his best days are long gone.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -

And I'm concerned that Harris was a bit overhyped as a runner. It's not all the OL. He doesn't see the holes well.[/QUOTE]

What holes?

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Anyone who thought we were going to roll through the first half of the season is/was kidding themselves. We all should have known Ben wasn’t going to carry this team on his back, it was going to be the defense (which was missing 4 key starters for most of the game). This team was going to need to rely on the defense for the first 5-6 games until the OL hopefully starts gelling and we can get our running game going enough to be average. At that point our offense would be average enough with an elite defense. You keep the 4 missing defenders in this game and we probably win, just like last week.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    You also had us trading Watt 2 weeks ago, so...

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

And I'm concerned that Harris was a bit overhyped as a runner. It's not all the OL. He doesn't see the holes well.
    What holes?[/QUOTE]

Najee looks like a stud RB to me, and not overhyped. He has all the tools. Teams are stacking the box as there is no fear of downfield passing game. All his carries seem to come from shotgun which does not help him either.

So far the Matt Canada offense looks like the Randy Fichhtner offense, which tells me the offensive shortcomings are largely due to the play at the QB position.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Wow! To think that I could have been reading all this, when instead, I was out trying to ride a skateboard down steel handrails and dismounting on to my crotch every time….at age 60.

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Please show me where I said that. I brought it up for discussion. Go back and read it or laugh with the rest of the peanut gallery.

If we could get 2 1st round picks out of him it'd be stupid not to listen. If we got 3 1st rders I'd kiss his ass goodbye.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGun View Post
    Please show me where I said that. I brought it up for discussion. Go back and read it or laugh with the rest of the peanut gallery.

If we could get 2 1st round picks out of him it'd be stupid not to listen. If we got 3 1st rders I'd kiss his ass goodbye.
    See... you just said it again!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Anyone who thought we were going to roll through the first half of the season is/was kidding themselves. We all should have known Ben wasn’t going to carry this team on his back, it was going to be the defense (which was missing 4 key starters for most of the game). This team was going to need to rely on the defense for the first 5-6 games until the OL hopefully starts gelling and we can get our running game going enough to be average. At that point our offense would be average enough with an elite defense. You keep the 4 missing defenders in this game and we probably win, just like last week.
    It’s also one loss. Could it be that the Raiders just find ways to win? I mean they beat the Ravens last week…

I remember a few years ago when people were overly upset that the Steelers lost to the Chiefs…

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    It’s also one loss. Could it be that the Raiders just find ways to win? I mean they beat the Ravens last week…

I remember a few years ago when people were overly upset that the Steelers lost to the Chiefs…
    It's not the losing that's concerning, I don't think anyone was thinking we'd have it in the bag. Everyone knows the Raiders are a tough team and could very well win it.

It's the manner in which they lost. The offense looks like a dumpster fire and there's almost no positives to take from this. This team doesn't look like it's capable of scoring 20 points without the aid of a ST or defensive score. Sure, there'd be more room for hope if we just didn't lose Alualu for the season and TJ Watt for who knows how long (groin injuries tend to linger), and not to mention the other injuries on defense. For a team that was expected to lean on its defense to win games, well things are looking ugly from the get-go.

I figured we would be 1-1 after 2 games, I just figured it would have been opposite W’s and L’s. I also think we would have been 2-0 if we weren’t missing Hayden, Bush, Watt and Alualu.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

It's not the losing that's concerning, I don't think anyone was thinking we'd have it in the bag. Everyone knows the Raiders are a tough team and could very well win it.

It's the manner in which they lost. The offense looks like a dumpster fire and there's almost no positives to take from this. This team doesn't look like it's capable of scoring 20 points without the aid of a ST or defensive score. Sure, there'd be more room for hope if we just didn't lose Alualu for the season and TJ Watt for who knows how long (groin injuries tend to linger), and not to mention the other injuries on defense. For a team that was expected to lean on its defense to win games, well things are looking ugly from the get-go.
    I’d be on here urging calm and optimism if they were 0-2 but looked competent or, heaven forbid, dangerous on offense.

But you’ve nailed it. The team has zero margin for error on every play and can not overcome obstacles easily.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    With the way this team is headed...I absolutely would have considered it. Stock up on those picks because it's about to be rebuild time and this offense is putrid.

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGun View Post
    With the way this team is headed...I absolutely would have considered it. Stock up on those picks because it's about to be rebuild time and this offense is putrid.
    Whatever guy, we are a QB and OL experience away from a SB run. If anything, this is our rebuild year.

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

I wouldn't trade TJ for any #1 unproven draft pick, bottom line is we need a change in the Qb position and the O coordinator needs a look at too.

Senior Member Array title="that1guy is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityboyz View Post
    I wouldn't trade TJ for any #1 unproven draft pick, bottom line is we need a change in the Qb position and the O coordinator needs a look at too.
    I'd trade him for 2- #1 picks. The team is beyond terrible on offense and it's a 2 fold issue. QB and offensive line. Ben is capable of 2 types of throws, the 5 yard throw with RAC and the throw it deep and pray. The Offensive line is just as bad and a 1st round pick may help offset this. The funny thing is that a competent o line would help cover Ben's inadequacies and a young ,mobile QB would give the line some flexibility.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

I wanted the Steelers to get Darnold in the off-season as insurance and to at least be a bridge qb. We could’ve had him for a draft pick, would’ve looked like a good move now. And he did outplay Winston today. Now, it’s either Ben bounces back or we get to see what Rudolph has got

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    I wanted the Steelers to get Darnold in the off-season as insurance and to at least be a bridge qb. We could’ve had him for a draft pick, would’ve looked like a good move now. And he did outplay Winston today. Now, it’s either Ben bounces back or we get to see what Rudolph has got
    I would have rather had Minshew, and it would have been cheaper.

But either way, Ben wouldn’t be getting benched for Minshew or Darnold so it doesn’t matter.

We live or die with Ben this year. That was always going to be the case.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post

But either way, Ben wouldn’t be getting benched for Minshew or Darnold so it doesn’t matter.

Ben probably won’t last the season if he keeps taking punishment like he did today

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

We rode and died with Ben because he never died and he managed to right the ship in the past.

If he keeps stinking the joint up and I think there will be a change come November. The Steelers want to ride with Ben, but I also believe they are not going to tank the season to protect him.

Agreed, and I don’t see why that is such a problem honestly. Simply our OL isn’t all that good for anyone. Maybe people didn’t notice Ben out there running around fighting off defenders all game, getting hit almost every play. Our OL needs to grow, I am hopeful it can be a top 10 OL by the end of the season of playing together. If so, we have a great situation for a new QB to come into. And if what I think happens, happens, we will be playing for the AFCN with a solid running game and top defense this season.

Well, Minshew isn’t a starter, so maybe we can grab him next season and draft a CB and OL with picks 1-2 next draft.

Member Array title="Blast Furnace is on a distinguished road">

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Agreed, and I don’t see why that is such a problem honestly. Simply our OL isn’t all that good for anyone. Maybe people didn’t notice Ben out there running around fighting off defenders all game, getting hit almost every play. Our OL needs to grow, I am hopeful it can be a top 10 OL by the end of the season of playing together. If so, we have a great situation for a new QB to come into. And if what I think happens, happens, we will be playing for the AFCN with a solid running game and top defense this season.
    For crying out loud, our offense goes against our D every damn day! Is the D told to hold back so they make the O feel good about themselves? Whatever happened to iron sharpens iron. There is no better way for the Oline to get better than going against our very own dline! Are they just walking through practice or are they actually getting after it?

They also went 11-0 with pretty much the same shitty offense last season and only a few complained about it (me being one).