Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weeks 2 NFL thinks everyone will watch a subscription

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Weeks 2 NFL thinks everyone will watch a subscription

Yeah screw these money grubbers

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: Weeks 2 NFL thinks everyone will watch a subscription

I don't usually buy Sunday Ticket because the Steelers play so many primetime games lol. And especially this season with them playing a lot of tough teams, a lot of the non-primetime games will be on TV. Buying sunday ticket pretty much means you just get to watch 6-7 extra games. Cool, but is it really worth the price tag? I'll go to Buffalo Wild Wings for those games lol

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Gamepass is my choice for the past 8-9 years. $99 a year.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    How soon after the game can you watch the replay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I was thinking of going that route and turning my phone off every Sunday until watching the game

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

google said

NFL Game Pass Review 2021: Cost, Features, and More

https://www.cabletv.com › Reviews

People also ask

How long after the game is game pass available?

Broadcast versions of all current season games will be available right after the conclusion of the applicable game's telecast. Please note: If you are accessing NFL Game Pass through a free trial, Thursday night games will not be available until 72 hours after the telecast.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

They end put it was on the Yahoo app, but that still cuts off a sizable portion of the viewing audience.

Merry Christmas

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

There’s a good app out there that is free on IOS that works very well. No jailbreak or any of that nonsense required.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    google said
    Ok. Wondering if that holds up in real world experience though? NFL claims a number of things.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

It varies slightly. If it's a late afternoon or prime game, almost immediately. If it's an early game, usually a couple of hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    I was thinking of going that route and turning my phone off every Sunday until watching the game
    Yeah, I usually go radio silent. But sometimes I DVR the local game (usually Cardinals) and put a blocker over the bottom of the screen that shows scores and will watch that first.

- - - Updated - - -

google said
    And google would be wrong. Or more likely, your googling skills are wrong. That's bad information. All games are not available immediately and Thursday night games are available just like others.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok. Wondering if that holds up in real world experience though? NFL claims a number of things.
    Don't ever trust Tom for information.

It varies slightly. If it's a late afternoon or prime game, almost immediately. If it's an early game, usually a couple of hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I usually go radio silent. But sometimes I DVR the local game (usually Cardinals) and put a blocker over the bottom of the screen that shows scores and will watch that first.

- - - Updated - - -

And google would be wrong. Or more likely, your googling skills are wrong. That's bad information. All games are not available immediately and Thursday night games are available just like others.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't ever trust Tom for information.
    Thanks! Weekend scheduling may be shifting at casa de mojouw. Good to know there’s a workable option for watching another time.

Thanks! Weekend scheduling may be shifting at casa de mojouw. Good to know there’s a workable option for watching another time.
    The really cool thing about gamepass is the option of condensed games. They eliminate the commercials and the time between plays. Each game is about 35 minutes. Last Sunday, I watched all or parts of all 16 games. If it was a good matchup, I watched it all (e.g., Browns/Chiefs), but some I moved to the 3rd quarter. If it was close I watched the rest. If it was lopsided I moved to the 4th quarter to see if it became closer.

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Yeah, this is from their site:

When will regular season and postseason games be available on NFL Game Pass?

Broadcast versions of all current season games will be available right after the conclusion of the applicable game’s telecast. Please note: If you are accessing NFL Game Pass through a free trial, Thursday night games will not be available until 72 hours after the telecast.

https://digitalcare.nfl.com/hc/en-us...NFL-Game-Pass-

But according to some on here that isn't true. That may be due to the desert air.

Yeah, this is from their site:

https://digitalcare.nfl.com/hc/en-us...NFL-Game-Pass-

But according to some on here that isn't true. That may be due to the desert air.

That’s right. Often their own information is outdated and/or inaccurate. But you wouldn’t know that since you’re not a subscriber. They’re notorious for confusing and conflicting information on this product. I believe they’d rather have everyone get Ticket. I’ve been watching games with gamepass since 2013.

But you wouldn’t know that since you’re not a subscriber.
    Actually I was a subscriber for about 3 years.

Actually I was a subscriber for about 3 years.
    Then that’s really ignorant of you to make those statements.

Then that’s really ignorant of you to make those statements.
    I didn't make any statements son, I quoted their website. Personally I found them to be extremely unreliable at the time but that was several years ago.

I didn't make any statements son, I quoted their website. Personally I found them to be extremely unreliable at the time but that was several years ago.
    Probably just poor internet service there in Boston.

Probably just poor internet service there in Boston.
    I don't think that was it.

Anyway, Mojouw, I hope you enjoy it.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

If anyone would like to see what parts of the country are going to get what game broadcasted, check out 506 Sport's website. I'm not sure how they get the info, but it is always correct. I have been using them for the past few years. They update the weekly broadcast schedule every Wednesday around 12:30pm EST.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I have the NFL Sunday Ticket app on my television. It costs me $300 per season to get every game… except for games on local television, SNF, and/or MNF.

Even if that only turns out to be 6 games (because, somehow the Steelers are on the local channel an insane amount of times), that is still only $50 per game. Alone at a sports bar, I’d spend that much. I have the entire family over so that $50 is essentially nothing.

SUMMATION:
    Best $300 I spent this year.

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I have the NFL Sunday Ticket app on my television. It costs me $300 per season to get every game… except for games on local television, SNF, and/or MNF.

Even if that only turns out to be 6 games (because, somehow the Steelers are on the local channel an insane amount of times), that is still only $50 per game. Alone at a sports bar, I’d spend that much. I have the entire family over so that $50 is essentially nothing.

SUMMATION:
    I told my wife years ago that if we ever moved from Maryland, we were getting DirecTV and the NFL Sunday Ticket. So we moved to the Houston area in 2019. Had it for the 2019 and 2020 seasons. We decided to dump DTV this summer and stream only (hardly watched anything on DTV anyway and it was $119/mo). I knew the Ravens had 5 prime time games that I could watch via Hulu Plus, so that left 12 games to watch at local sports bars. Then, as Jethro would say, I started cipherin’.

3-1/2 hours in a sports bar for two was going to cost me…what? $50.00 minimum? I mean, you can’t buy 8 wings and two beers in almost four hours. So 12 x $50.0 is $600. Not cheap and at 61, I’d prefer to sit at home and watch the games on my 65” without being surrounded by a bunch of goobers.

Luckily my daughter is a student and was able to get the Sunday Ticket app (no DTV required) and I can watch all non-local games for $29.99/mo for 4 months. To me, that’s worth every penny!

SUMMATION:
    Not me, I'm the type of patron that sports bars tend to hate lol. I get an order of fries or chips and salsa and maybe a beer, usually coffee though (at 7am i'm usually in the mood for coffee, not beer). Probably my habits would be different if i lived in the mainland, but in Hawaii the games are super early . I tend to spend under $20 watching at a bar, sometimes $2 if all i order is coffee. Used to be different when I was younger but I'm wise (or just plain old) enough to avoid alcohol early in the day. Even one drink ends up in a wasted day a lot of times, i end up just lacking motivation for the rest of the day
    Last edited by Fire Goodell; 09-22-2021 at 01:25 PM.

SUMMATION:
    So there's an app where you don't need the dish?

Only for students and addresses like apartments that can't get satellite

Merry Christmas

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

SUMMATION:
    How did you get that app? Where did you go for it

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    How did you get that app? Where did you go for it
    https://nflst.directv.com/

My new television came with the app. My old television (now in the den) I had to download the app from the download section (sort of like the App Store for my television).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    Only for students and addresses like apartments that can't get satellite

Maybe in your area… but, I’m in a major city (San Diego) and was able to access/use the app.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Not me, I'm the type of patron that sports bars tend to hate lol. I get an order of fries or chips and salsa and maybe a beer, usually coffee though (at 7am i'm usually in the mood for coffee, not beer). Probably my habits would be different if i lived in the mainland, but in Hawaii the games are super early . I tend to spend under $20 watching at a bar, sometimes $2 if all i order is coffee. Used to be different when I was younger but I'm wise (or just plain old) enough to avoid alcohol early in the day. Even one drink ends up in a wasted day a lot of times, i end up just lacking motivation for the rest of the day
    LOL

We aren’t as early as you (we have a 10:00 kickoff), but indeed: it’s breakfast time!!! Where do you get a $2 coffee!?! They charge me $5 for black coffee and around $8 for a latte. Regardless, I’m spending $50 minimum for breakfast for my wife & kids… and since I try to support the local waiters who got hit hard during COVID, I’m tipping 50%. Making breakfast at home is far more fiscally responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    I told my wife years ago that if we ever moved from Maryland, we were getting DirecTV and the NFL Sunday Ticket. So we moved to the Houston area in 2019. Had it for the 2019 and 2020 seasons. We decided to dump DTV this summer and stream only (hardly watched anything on DTV anyway and it was $119/mo). I knew the Ravens had 5 prime time games that I could watch via Hulu Plus, so that left 12 games to watch at local sports bars. Then, as Jethro would say, I started cipherin’.

3-1/2 hours in a sports bar for two was going to cost me…what? $50.00 minimum? I mean, you can’t buy 8 wings and two beers in almost four hours. So 12 x $50.0 is $600. Not cheap and at 61, I’d prefer to sit at home and watch the games on my 65” without being surrounded by a bunch of goobers.

Luckily my daughter is a student and was able to get the Sunday Ticket app (no DTV required) and I can watch all non-local games for $29.99/mo for 4 months. To me, that’s worth every penny!
    There is so much that is right in this post… especially watching the game in the comfort of one’s own home. No drunken Raiders fans yelling at Chargers fans. Plus, I can wear my pajamas.

Okay… hmm… you mention the student rate. Carolina mentioned that, as well. Interesting. I’m not a student, but I was still able to use the app. (I wonder what the difference is.)

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

There is so much that is right in this post… especially watching the game in the comfort of one’s own home. No drunken Raiders fans yelling at Chargers fans. Plus, I can wear my pajamas.

Okay… hmm… you mention the student rate. Carolina mentioned that, as well. Interesting. I’m not a student, but I was still able to use the app. (I wonder what the difference is.)
    I’m not sure, as my Millenial daughter snatched the phone out of my hands, gave me the roll eyes look that said “Oh, Dad!” and set it up in 5 minutes lol. Getting the app on the TV via a Firestick was simple and I had it up and running in two minutes.

Used it to watch the Raiders-Steelers game.