Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 2: Vegas Raiders

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Week 2: Vegas Raiders

Steelers home opener. Defense will be tested again. Raiders have playmakers on Offense. Josh Jacobs, Darren Waller and Henry Ruggs are threats.

The Raiders D isn't amazing, but the Steelers developing O-Line will cause problems against any Defense they face this season. I think the Steelers can't afford to wait an entire half for the Offense to wake up this time.

The Raiders always play Pittsburgh tough, even when they were bad. This one goes down to the wire. If the Steelers can keep Carr in check and get the Run game going, they have a shot.

24-17 Steelers if the Defense is on point, otherwise its 28-13 Raiders.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Re: Week 2: Vegas Raiders

They suck. We’ll crush them.

But seriously my biggest worries are Waller and Chuks going against Crosby.

I’d be less worried about Waller if we used a similar defensive game plan as last week, where we bracket guys in coverage, but I don’t think we’ll do that as much because Jacobs is more of a concern than the Buffalo ground game.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

23-20 Steelers.

Ben is complacent when we are not underdogs in the game or conference.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

They beat the ravens - that should wake us up and have us ready to play Sunday

if the raiders had been manhandled by the ravens i would be more worried.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    23-20 Steelers.

Ben is complacent when we are not underdogs in the game or conference.
    it’s not just Ben

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Najee Harris may have a good game. Raiders looked soft against the run with a no-name at RB playing for the Ravens

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

16-9 Steelers

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

28-13 Steelers

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

24-21 - Steelers

Waller goes bonkers, but they do enough to limit the other guys.

Watt and Crosby have a contest to see who can be more disruptive. Watt wins.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Whether it did or not, you always play to the whistle

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

let’s wait and see how many times Carr hits the ground Sunday.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

LA is so bad even the Raiders left it.
    All Defense!

https://youtu.be/dHIXFKrrUhA

yeah….. No, Carr needs to shutup

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Denzelle Good... out for the season. Gerald McCoy...out for the season. Ngakoue... pulled hamstring... out for the game, at least. Steelers should win. But... ya never know.

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Denzelle Good... out for the season. Gerald McCoy...out for the season. Ngakoue... pulled hamstring... out for the game, at least. Steelers should win. But... ya never know.
    That's why they play the game. Buffalo was supposed to win too. Sucks about those injuries but I'm not going to overlook the Raiders. They impressed me vs Baltimore

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Damn, LV looks like mid season injury report. It looked like a rough and tumble game on Monday night but DAMN!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Damn, LV looks like mid season injury report. It looked like a rough and tumble game on Monday night but DAMN!!
    It's the "Ravens Effect". Playing a physical team like Baltimore usually = injuries. In my experience, the Steelers have rarely performed well a week after playing Baltimore.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Seems to me that Harris has this backwards. He should be telling his old college teammate, good luck with TJ Watt. For some reason, his comment didn't set well with me. Almost as it TJ was going to get schooled by this rookie.

PITTSBURGH -- With nearly 3 1/2 seasons of experience playing with offensive lineman Alex Leatherwood at Alabama, Pittsburgh Steelers running back Najee Harris has an inside track on the scouting report of the Las Vegas Raiders' first-round pick.

But asked if he has any tips for Steelers outside linebacker T.J. Watt, slated to go against Leatherwood on Sunday, Harris demurred.

"S---," he said Friday. "Good luck, I guess."

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Seems to me that Harris has this backwards. He should be telling his old college teammate, good luck with TJ Watt. For some reason, his comment didn't set well with me. Almost as it TJ was going to get schooled by this rookie.
    This can be interpreted much more generously than I think you’re doing. He’s basically just saying nothing. Better than if he said that TJ is going to destroy him, and give the Raiders bulletin board material.

TJ is gonna TJ no matter what Najee says. And no rookie RT is going to shut him down.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    This can be interpreted much more generously than I think you’re doing. He’s basically just saying nothing. Better than if he said that TJ is going to destroy him, and give the Raiders bulletin board material.

TJ is gonna TJ no matter what Najee says. And no rookie RT is going to shut him down.
    Spot on

There is NO WAY to answer that question without offending Steelers fans or giving the opposition bulletin board material. It’s akin to when my wife asks, “Do I look good in this dress?” No matter what I say, I’m going to be in trouble.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Spot on

There is NO WAY to answer that question without offending Steelers fans or giving the opposition bulletin board material. It’s akin to when my wife asks, “Do I look good in this dress?” No matter what I say, I’m going to be in trouble.
    The proper way for Najee to answer that question is: “Bro…Wut?”

The proper way for you to answer your wife’s question is: “Good luck…I guess.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    The proper way for you to answer your wife’s question is: “Good luck…I guess.”

I still see it as a bad response. I suppose it can be spun anyway but it feels disrespectful to me.

Is anyone here going to this game? If so try to get a video of Renegade. I always love those videos.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Haden and Bush questionable. Davis out.

Josh Jacobs is out for the Raiders along with alot of other injuries for them.

https://www.steelers.com/news/week-2...report-raiders

Haden and Bush questionable. Davis out.

Josh Jacobs is out for the Raiders along with alot of other injuries for them.

https://www.steelers.com/news/week-2...report-raiders
    I hate that they no longer have “probable” as a designation. Questionable can mean anything.

At least they were limited in practice and not out. But groin injuries don’t usually clear up quickly.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I’m not sure if anyone posted it, but a little known fact about the Buffalo game, the Steelers did not blitz once that whole game. Pretty incredible considering the pressure that Josh Allen received.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I’m not sure if anyone posted it, but a little known fact about the Buffalo game, the Steelers did not blitz once that whole game. Pretty incredible considering the pressure that Josh Allen received.

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru...l=1#post775922