Thread: Colbert at UNC practice

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Colbert at UNC practice

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Colbert at UNC practice

Sam Howell profiles as another big-armed dual threat.

In other words, another athlete project like Haskins.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Well, we know he doesn’t negotiate contracts during the season so what else does he have to do?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Sam Howell appears to be quickly dropping down from #1 overall spot in the 2022 Draft. Hopefully, he pulls a Justin Herbert… and drops to the Steelers at 32 (and then regains his #1 overall form once he is drafted).

NOTE: Howell is NOT my favorite QB in this draft. But, I would gladly take him at the end of R1.

Also, if we don’t go QB in R1 (although, I’m assuming that we will… in fact, I expect a huge trade UP to get the guy of Colbert’s choice), I would love to draft a RG. Turner is close to the end; simply, he’s a stop-gap. Dan Moore’s teammate at Texas A&M, Kenyon Green, would be my pick of choice.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Colbert's final trick will be to manuever the Streelers into the rookie QB that lays the groundwork for the next bid playoff push. Then he'll retire.

It's called a "Newsome" and it's the GM equivalent to a walk off grand slam.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

if we are not going for a QB in this next draft then I hope we trade out of round 1 acquiring picks in the 2023 draft as compensation for the ammo needed to go up and get our guy in 2023
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    if we are not going for a QB in this next draft then I hope we trade out of round 1 acquiring picks in the 2023 draft as compensation for the ammo needed to go up and get our guy in 2023
    Since Aaron Rodgers will be a FA we won’t need to give up any picks for him. Sounds like a plan.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

against Virginia:
    14/21 for 307 yards, 5 TDs, 1 INT
    plus 112 rushing yards

Impressive

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Sam Howell profiles as another big-armed dual threat.

In other words, another athlete project like Haskins.
    Which QB coming out meets with your approval? Which one isn't the next Kordell or Dennis Dixon? Enlighten us.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Which QB coming out meets with your approval? Which one isn't the next Kordell or Dennis Dixon? Enlighten us.
    That post was before yesterday. After Howell's performance against Virginia and the fact that the Steelers just may be bad enough this year to take a shot at him, go for it.

But to answer your question, let's take a flyer on Cody Pickett or Spencer Rattler. He may have shown signs of regression, but I'm eager to see him bounce back.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

That post was before yesterday. After Howell's performance against Virginia and the fact that the Steelers just may be bad enough this year to take a shot at him, go for it.

But to answer your question, let's take a flyer on Cody Pickett or Spencer Rattler. He may have shown signs of regression, but I'm eager to see him bounce back.
    You compared him to Haskins. Why would they go for it?

Who is Cody Pickett? Other than the 41-year-old ex-Washington Husky QB.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    You compared him to Haskins. Why would they go for it?

Who is Cody Pickett? Other than the 41-year-old ex-Washington Husky QB.
    He is comparable to Haskins in his potential and ability. If Howell has the head for it, then yeah. And Kenny Pickett, excuse me.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Sam Howell appears to be quickly dropping down from #1 overall spot in the 2022 Draft. Hopefully, he pulls a Justin Herbert… and drops to the Steelers at 32 (and then regains his #1 overall form once he is drafted).

NOTE: Howell is NOT my favorite QB in this draft. But, I would gladly take him at the end of R1.

Also, if we don’t go QB in R1 (although, I’m assuming that we will… in fact, I expect a huge trade UP to get the guy of Colbert’s choice), I would love to draft a RG. Turner is close to the end; simply, he’s a stop-gap. Dan Moore’s teammate at Texas A&M, Kenyon Green, would be my pick of choice.
    I see what you did there.

He is comparable to Haskins in his potential and ability. If Howell has the head for it, then yeah. And Kenny Pickett, excuse me.
    I know next to nothing about Kenny Pickett, other than his stats until this year were very pedestrian. I guess he bears watching.

Howell is rising again.

Or, maybe the rest of the QB play is so atrocious that it makes him look better. Either way, “Howell in the top ten” has once again become a thing.