Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: King of the North!

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

King of the North!

Okay, we’re tied with the Bengals but still feels pretty good.

The end of that Ravens game was so crazy.

And as a bonus I won my fantasy game by less than a point and my opponent has Justin Tucker. I thought I was cooked for sure.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: King of the North!

The Raiders look dangerous though, next week will be a tough game

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    The Raiders look dangerous though, next week will be a tough game
    TE’s always kill us and theirs is a beast. They have some weapons on offense for sure.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

To make it even sweeter AV was getting abused by Crosby. I think we all knew his expiration date had past.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

I think our front seven is better than the Ravens and Weatherspoon was straight abused all game.

Ravens will be looking at 0-2 start, Houston surprised everyone last week, but I think the Browns win next week, who knows between Cincy and Chicago, but I am thinking Cincy wins that one. So that leaves us, I think we can pull off a W at home against the Raiders.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    TE’s always kill us and theirs is a beast. They have some weapons on offense for sure.
    Yep he is. I'm hoping the addition of Schobert and Bush with another year of experience will help against that.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Actually, we won a conference game and the Bengals won a non conference game which gives us the tie breaker.....after one game.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Raiders will be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Raiders will be tough.
    Agreed. If it were in Vegas I wouldn't like our odds of winning but in Pittsburgh I like our chances.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    Agreed. If it were in Vegas I wouldn't like our odds of winning but in Pittsburgh I like our chances.
    In Vegas, I mark it as a loss with 99.99% confidence.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Yep he is. I'm hoping the addition of Schobert and Bush with another year of experience will help against that.
    I don't know if anything short of an anti-tank round can stop Waller. I think you just gotta hope you can stop the rest of their guys. But if Edwards comes online as another super-sized target...that's a lot of big bodies to stop for any one secondary.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Raiders will be tough.
    Maybe Baltimore sucks more that we realize.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Yes the Raiders are going to be a tough game and, I'm glad we are home.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Maybe Baltimore sucks more that we realize.
    This, they got zero pressure on Carr unless
    They blitzed the entire team. Waller was good, but seeing Carr stand in the pocket for what felt like years at times makes me think our defense should be in his face all game. Also, Lamar’s fumbles lost that game more than anything.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I have no doubts that the Steelers win this one. First home game with the fans back, you got noise?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I have no doubts that the Steelers win this one. First home game with the fans back, you got noise?
    Renegade!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Up in the NFL.com rankings from #10 to #5. I expect a similar rise in the ESPN version. They mean nothing but I still enjoy tracking them throughout the season.

The ravens could be 0-2 after playing Kansas City next week.

The ravens could be 0-2 after playing Kansas City next week.
    I'd expect that. Although LJ says that the league will never figure him out, it kind of looked like the Raiders did. His passing has not improved from year one.

I'd expect that. Although LJ says that the league will never figure him out, it kind of looked like the Raiders did. His passing has not improved from year one.
    He cannot throw outside to save his life.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Up in the NFL.com rankings from #10 to #5. I expect a similar rise in the ESPN version. They mean nothing but I still enjoy tracking them throughout the season.
    Is it me, or watching Ben for the last 15+ years....when we are highly rated or favored in our division or a particular game....doesn't Ben seem to play with less of a chip on his shoulder?...
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="bendsteel is a splendid one to behold">

Carr and Waller. Take them out and they have little other weapons compared to ours. This better not even be a game. Chukky blows!

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Is it me, or watching Ben for the last 15+ years....when we are highly rated or favored in our division or a particular game....doesn't Ben seem to play with less of a chip on his shoulder?...
    it's been the case throughout his entire career. look at 2005 for instance. We go into the playoffs as a 6th seed not expected to do anything, and they steamroll their way to the super bowl. They get to the super bowl as the favorites, and then he proceeds to play the worst game of his entire career

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

it's been the case throughout his entire career. look at 2005 for instance. We go into the playoffs as a 6th seed not expected to do anything, and they steamroll their way to the super bowl. They get to the super bowl as the favorites, and then he proceeds to play the worst game of his entire career
    How much of that was Roethlisberger and how much of that was Cowher turtling up after watching his first Super Bowl get gift wrapped and handed to the Cowboys on a silver platter by his QB at the time? I'd say much more the latter. The offensive gameplan for XL was ridiculously conservative, even by Cowherball standards.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Waller is amazing. Expect him to “get his”.

That said, if he has a flaw, it is not being able adjust to poorly thrown balls. If they are on target, he catches every one; if it’s a little behind him, it’s a coin flip. So, this means: a solid pass-rush is our friend.

Also, Schobert led ALL linebackers in interceptions over the past two seasons. This is the exact type of game for which we traded for him. Plus, I expect us to double Waller with Edmunds (deep).

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bendsteel View Post
    Carr and Waller. Take them out and they have little other weapons compared to ours. This better not even be a game. Chukky blows!
    I like their RB duo and Edwards is impressive. liked the way he came back to ball and snagged with hands. I believe Steelers D better but offenses both talented. The good thing is it’s early in season, it seems like the Raiders have upset Steelers multiple times in recent years and basically knocked them out of playoffs.

Drvlspwr Array title="Steel Peon has a reputation beyond repute"> Steel Peon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    as a bonus I won my fantasy game by less than a point and my opponent has Justin Tucker. I thought I was cooked for sure.
    The Raida's win won me my weekly work pool, which got me $82.
    “They say you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone. So I got rid of everything to see what I had.” ~ Steven Wright

Senior Member Array title="bendsteel is a splendid one to behold">

I said it before and it got ignored, so I will say it again...Raiders have Waller and Carr and very little else. The Ravens SUCK right now, so of course the Raiders gave them some game. I am calling a route in Steelers favor.

I’m really curious if our defensive game plan will change this week. We had the perfect scheme for Buffalo, with the four man rush and dropping so many into coverage. But we didn’t really fear the Bills’ running game as much, and Jacobs could be a problem if we do the same thing.

I anticipate a different plan, but I’ll be interested to see how we handle it.

Tomlin is very familiar with everyone on the Raiders coaching staff so it will be a fun chess match.