Thread: What new player impressed you the most?

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

What new player impressed you the most?

What new players impressed you in the game.

I was impressed by several of the new guys, but will keep it at two.

I didn't think Green played like a rookie. He was consistently where he was suppose to be doing what he was suppose to be doing, getting Ben the ball, protect the QB, and push someone out of the way. He got to the 2nd level quickly and was looking for someone to hit. I like him.

Didn't start out to follow Ingram, but he just seemed to be in the picture a lot. kept pressure on Allen, got his hand on him one or two time. Even flatten Allen after spoiling his throw once. I think Ingram is going to help fill a position some of us, me, were worried about.

AML

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: What new player impressed you the most?

Ingram was a monster. You can’t ask for more.it’s super early but the loss of Dupree has led to an upgrade at the OLB unit.

Also, not new player but a very underrated signing was Alualu.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

I thought Pierre played very well.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Apparently Melvin Ingram took the discussion of his aging demise and lack of interest in a contract super duper personal this off-season. He looks like he is on a revenge tour across the NFL this season. If he keeps playing like he did yesterday, it is going to be really difficult to limit his snaps. That is a great problem to have.

Ingram just made Dawkins look like a clown over and over again on Sunday. Like I knew Ingram was going to be a good back-up/rotational pass rusher. But I didn't expect him to look like he might still have a bit of his fastball left.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Norwood did pretty well as a rookie on a complicated defense

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Apparently Melvin Ingram took the discussion of his aging demise and lack of interest in a contract super duper personal this off-season. He looks like he is on a revenge tour across the NFL this season. If he keeps playing like he did yesterday, it is going to be really difficult to limit his snaps. That is a great problem to have.

Ingram just made Dawkins look like a clown over and over again on Sunday. Like I knew Ingram was going to be a good back-up/rotational pass rusher. But I didn't expect him to look like he might still have a bit of his fastball left.
    A few times they had Ingram in the middle and then later TJ was in the middle w/Highsmith still in there. When Tuitt comes back this is going to be a frightening pass rush

Senior Member Array title="Steelerchad is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

I really like having Ingram to rotate in and liked that they put him in at either side. It's like having 3 starting guys for 2 spots, which should keep the pass rush fresh all game.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Freiermuth, the guy had some nice blocks and that catch over the middle was clutch. I'd like to see him get more involved

TJ Watt had a great game, but I can't say I was surprised. There's a reason we paid him that money

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Freiermuth, the guy had some nice blocks and that catch over the middle was clutch. I'd like to see him get more involved

TJ Watt had a great game, but I can't say I was surprised. There's a reason we paid him that money
    Keep in mind the critical word in the title of the thread……”NEW”.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post

Yeah, TJ’s performance was definitely the least surprising thing about that game.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Norwood , Pierre, Moooooth....

Pierre looked like he more than belongs , non steeler non draft fans would have never thought Norwood was a rookie in week 1 and Mooooth looks like a young spry Heath with a tiny bit more juice in his feet and a bit more athleticism ...very hard to not be impressed with all 3 of these guys
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Is Sutton considered “new”? If so, he has done impressive splash plays… and we didn’t notice him (which is good for a corner). The TD he gave up wouid have been given up by 99.9% of the corners in NFL history. It was simply a perfect pass.

Igram is new to us, and he was extremely impressive… like Greg Lloyd impressive.

The new & improved Butler was impressive, as well. The way he gameplsnned specifically for the Bills was outstanding. Likewise, the way he lined up the aforementioned Ingram in various places along the line kept the Bills on their toes. Then, when the Bills started looking for Ingram, Butler began moving Watt around. In turn, the pressure came from EVERYWHERE (without relying on the blitz).

Lastly, Norwood. He allowed Minkah to move around, which seemed to “confuse” (for lack of a better word) Josh Allen.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Is Sutton considered “new”? If so, he has done impressive splash plays… and we didn’t notice him (which is good for a corner). The TD he gave up wouid have been given up by 99.9% of the corners in NFL history. It was simply a perfect pass.

Igram is new to us, and he was extremely impressive… like Greg Lloyd impressive.

The new & improved Butler was impressive, as well. The way he gameplsnned specifically for the Bills was outstanding. Likewise, the way he lined up the aforementioned Ingram in various places along the line kept the Bills on their toes. Then, when the Bills started looking for Ingram, Butler began moving Watt around. In turn, the pressure came from EVERYWHERE (without relying on the blitz).

Lastly, Norwood. He allowed Minkah to move around, which seemed to “confuse” (for lack of a better word) Josh Allen.
    All good points. Moving Minkah around helped create the overshadowed play of the game. Sutton can't make his 4th down stop MF doesn't come flying from off your TV screen to behind the line to stop the 3rd down play.

I mean, I love "deep centerfield patrol Minkah" but "roaming all over the place" Minkah could be something to see.

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Joe Schobert was lined up everywhere

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    Norwood did pretty well as a rookie on a complicated defense
    He got nice reviews from Cam Sutton and Minkah was coaching him up on the sidelines. I think his teammates really like him. Meaning he’s fitting in nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler