Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opening Week Games

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: Opening Week Games

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Bears look like they’ve improved a bit. Ground game looks good. Pass game still needs some work.
    So, essentially, the same problem they've had for decades.

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Miami beats NE, though I think Mac Jones looked pretty good
    Right, the Patriots problems were not at QB.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Mahomes’s 75-yard TD pass was the turning point of the game… and it was actually very lucky. It is underthrown, allowing Hill (who had the advantage of being able to look back) to stop & catch the pass. If he throws it on target, Johnson was in perfect position to knock it down/intercept it.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    So, essentially, the same problem they've had for decades.
    Lol. I guess you’re right…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Watch the video again. The Browns player was stepping on the leg and then down to the crotch of a player lying on the ground. The coach was protecting a player that may be hurt on the ground. He wasn't starting a fight.
    That’s what I saw

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    Right, the Patriots problems were not at QB.
    Bad coaching.

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Bad coaching.
    I can understand why as a Steeler fan that would come to mind but NE has a pretty good coaching staff.

Head coach

Bill Belichick
    Belichick will start his 22nd training camp as New England’s head coach on Wednesday. His accolades are obviously unrivaled, but he will face a new challenge this summer: lay the foundation for first-round draft pick Mac Jones to become the Patriots’ quarterback of the future. Successfully transitioning into a post-Tom Brady era will silence a lot of Belichick’s doubters, who attribute New England’s success over the past two decades primarily to the greatest player in the league history and not its greatest coach.
    Offense

Josh McDaniels: Offensive coordinator/Quarterbacks
    Bo Hardegree: Quality control/Quarterbacks
    Ivan Fears: Running backs
    Vinnie Sunseri: Running backs
    Mick Lombardi: Wide receivers
    Troy Brown: Wide receivers/Kick returners
    Nick Caley: Tight ends/Fullbacks
    Carmen Bricillo: Offensive line
    Cole Popovich: Offensive line*
    Billy Yates: Assistant offensive line
    *Popovich will not be with the team in 2021 and his inclusion appears to be more of a procedural move than anything else
    The Patriots’ offensive staff is still led by Josh McDaniels, now in his 10th straight season as offensive coordinator. Based on his title it appears he will also take over quarterback coaching duties again after handing the role over to Jedd Fisch last season. With Fisch now head coach at Arizona, Bo Hardegree will work with the QBs as well this year — something already revealed by Brian Hoyer earlier this offseason.
    As for the rest of the offensive staff, there are a few changes compared to 2020. One is obviously the departure of Popovich, with Billy Yates now assisting Carmen Bricillo. Furthermore, Troy Brown is back working with wide receivers after dipping his toes into the running back pool last year. Vinnie Sunseri has taken over his previous role as Ivan Fears’ right-hand man.
    Defense

DeMarcus Covington: Defensive line
    Steve Belichick: Outside linebackers
    Jerod Mayo: Inside linebackers
    Mike Pellegrino: Cornerbacks
    Brian Belichick: Safeties
    There have been no changes for the Patriots’ defensive staff compared to 2020. The most noteworthy development is therefore that the team will once again go without an official coordinator on this side of the ball. While former defensive play caller Matt Patricia was brought back into the fold following his three-year stint with the Detroit Lions, but he will help the coaches in another capacity.
    Special teams

Cam Achord: Special teams coordinator
    Joe Houston: Special teams assistant
    The Patriots had the best special teams unit in the NFL last season, and there is a realistic chance it will be among the best in the business yet again heading into 2021. Not only were core players such as Justin Bethel and Cody Davis retained in free agency, the coaching duo of Cam Achord and Joe Houston has also stayed intact for another year.
    Strength and Conditioning

Moses Cabrera: Head strength and conditioning
    Deron Mayo: Strength and conditioning assistant
    There are no changes when it comes to the Patriots’ strength and conditioning staff. Moses Cabrera enters his sixth year at the job while Deron Mayo — brother of inside linebackers coach Jerod Mayo — will assist him for the fourth year in a row. New England is usually among the best conditioned team in the league, and Cabrera and Mayo play a big role in this.
    Coaching assistants

Matt Patricia: Senior football advisor
    Evan Rothstein: Research and analysis/Coaching
    Ross Douglas: NFL coaching fellowship/Defense
    Matt Patricia and Evan Rothstein arrived earlier this offseason via the Detroit Lions, and their official titles leave plenty of room for interpretation. Patricia was spotted on the practice fields next to Bill Belichick in the spring, so he projects to serve as more of a coach than Rothstein. That said, he has been involved in various tasks since his return to New England so it will be fascinating to watch how Patricia’s role will develop.
    As for Ross Douglas, he joined the Patriots on a coaching fellowship earlier this offseason after starting his coaching career at Rutgers.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

ty'son williams who?

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

pretty good game so far

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Anyone watching the broadcast on ESPN2 with Peyton and Eli? It’s actually a little more fun than the traditional play by play. It’s like watching the game with a couple buddies who know football very well.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

In former Steeler news, the great Dud Dupree finished with a whopping 1 tackle yesterday while that Titans defense continues to look every bit as the flaming train wreck as it was last year. Someone please tell me how great a player Dud is and how his increase in production the last two years had nothing to do with playing across from the best edge rusher in the NFL or playing for a big money contract

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    I can understand why as a Steeler fan that would come to mind but NE has a pretty good coaching staff.
    TB made them look good. None have had success without Brady. shit Bruce Arians is a genius with TB at QB.

Overtime!

Hoping for a Raiders win of course and hoping it takes almost the entire time so they come and face us with 1 less day of rest and pretty beat up

Raiders win! (play under review)

edit: LOL wow talk about screwing the pooch

Ok NOW the game's over lmao, same result but a lot of drama beforehand

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    hell yeah!

Good game.

One of the best monday night games I've seen, it was entertaining

Member Array title="Big Ben's Gray is on a distinguished road">

This game had more twists and turns than a Lifetime movie.

Good to see Rats starting off with a loss and they play Chiefs next haha they gonna start 0‐2 hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben's Gray View Post
    This game had more twists and turns than a Lifetime movie.

Good to see Rats starting off with a loss and they play Chiefs next haha they gonna start 0‐2 hopefully.
    Likely, the Chiefs have their number like the pats did ours

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Wow. I think Villanueva is toast. He couldn’t block anyone last night. Overall the OL gets an F.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

I’m not a fan of how Humphrey (44) gave up on the coverage on the game winner. (I mean I am but…) Probably couldn’t make a play on the ball but at least make an effort to create a PI penalty or something rather than just handing it to Jones. Piss poor effort there.

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    Wow. I think Villanueva is toast. He couldn’t block anyone last night. Overall the OL gets an F.
    Max Crosby is good, but I thought Villanueva would look better than he did against him. AV looked very sluggish last night. I am not just saying this as a Steelers homer, but the Steelers made no real attempt to re-sign AV after last season, so I think they knew he was on a rapid decline.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I’m not a fan of how Humphrey (44) gave up on the coverage on the game winner. (I mean I am but…) Probably couldn’t make a play on the ball but at least make an effort to create a PI penalty or something rather than just handing it to Jones. Piss poor effort there.
    It was piss poor indeed. I hope he plays that kind of coverage against us.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    It was piss poor indeed. I hope he plays that kind of coverage against us.
    Also didn’t realize he made an interception and he didn’t know it and threw the ball away. Lol. I think they wound up calling it incomplete when Renfro recovered the “fumble”. I didn’t see the actual play in game.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Call the hold on the edge rusher

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas