Thread: Steelers 2022 cap number

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

Steelers 2022 cap number

https://twitter.com/Steelersdepot/st...396205061?s=19

Послато са Redmi Note 9 Pro помоћу Тапатока

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Steelers 2022 cap number

What happened to the tons of money they were supposed to have available? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    They still will be among the league leaders, but the numbers being previously reported were without TJ Watt making almost $30 million against the cap and without the team having an actual 51 man off-season contract total. You can have massive cap room numbers if you only total up like 30 some dudes.

They still will be able to sign anyone and everyone they might want.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    voidable years eat money and the deals they been doing with all the free agents and with Ben all include voidable years that eat cap space ...

mentioned this before and nobody seemed to care .....
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar

Don't know in which thread, but it was mentioned that more than 20 million is eaten in voidable years. Some people here brushed it off like it's not big deal. Somewhere, along the line those are going to bite them in the ass. Let's assume Ben has MVP type of season and wants to continue playing. He will need a new deal with at least 25 million hit. Or some here mentioned Rogers. Solution, more voidable years. This thing with voidable years is new and I really hope they know what they're doing.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drazo85 View Post
    Don't know in which thread, but it was mentioned that more than 20 million is eaten in voidable years. Some people here brushed it off like it's not big deal. Somewhere, along the line those are going to bite them in the ass. Let's assume Ben has MVP type of season and wants to continue playing. He will need a new deal with at least 25 million hit. Or some here mentioned Rogers. Solution, more voidable years. This thing with voidable years is new and I really hope they know what they're doing.

"Voidable Years" is just the new way of saying an old thing. An NFL contract is only worth what is guaranteed. A $50M/5YR deal looks like $10M/year for 5 years. In reality it's only worth what has been guaranteed in the deal. The rest is "Voidable". Remember, the players make Millions, but the owners make Billions.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    "Voidable Years" is just the new way of saying an old thing. An NFL contract is only worth what is guaranteed. A $50M/5YR deal looks like $10M/year for 5 years. In reality it's only worth what has been guaranteed in the deal. The rest is "Voidable". Remember, the players make Millions, but the owners make Billions.
    Voidable years count against the cap. Teams are spreading cap hit and pushing it in future years. They are basically player and team option in the same time. Both parties have to agree to make voidable year a regular contract for a player to remain on a roster. But because those are just guarantees spread to more years, without base salary player won't accept that. Or in case of Taysom Hill, Saints surely will opt out of that ridiculous contract. Please someone correct me if I got this wrong.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drazo85 View Post
    Voidable years count against the cap. Teams are spreading cap hit and pushing it in future years. They are basically player and team option in the same time. Both parties have to agree to make voidable year a regular contract for a player to remain on a roster. But because those are just guarantees spread to more years, without base salary player won't accept that. Or in case of Taysom Hill, Saints surely will opt out of that ridiculous contract. Please someone correct me if I got this wrong.

If the voidable years have guarantees then that is part of the player's guarantee. But any money in the contract, any contract that is not guaranteed to the player, is voided once employment is ended. "Voidable Years" is just a new way to say it. Not a new way of doing business. That was my point, which was pointless in itself really.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    If the voidable years have guarantees then that is part of the player's guarantee. But any money in the contract, any contract that is not guaranteed to the player, is voided once employment is ended. "Voidable Years" is just a new way to say it. Not a new way of doing business. That was my point, which was pointless in itself really.
    I get it now. Thanks.