Thread: Trading T.J. Watt

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Trading T.J. Watt

If the Rooney's don't budge, who would be in favor of trading Watt? We could be set to get our next franchise QB with the picks we would aquire. I understand Watt is one hell of a player, but would you sacrifice Watt for our next franchise QB? Imo, that's what it comes down to.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Re: Trading T.J. Watt

Nope. And it's not going to happen.

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

Unequivocally no. There is no guarantee that any QB we draft, even if it is at the top of the 1st round, is going to become the Steelers "Franchise QB" after Ben.

Watt is already an elite defender who looks like one of those very few players who come along every ten years or so........basically a generational type player like Troy Polamalu was for the Steelers.

Steelers should keep TJ..........and still go about finding their next "Franchise QB".

Senior Member Array title="CV1 is a jewel in the rough"> CV1's Avatar

Let the fleecing of the ‘Fins next 12 1st’s commence

But no, not trading TJ…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

It’s not gonna happen but if some team offered 5 first round draft picks … I would listen

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    It’s not gonna happen but if some team offered 5 first round draft picks … I would listen
    As well as the Steelers draft LBs I would listen too.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Unless it's the first pick in the draft + another one, no

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Ok...another post I had to delete from social media because the title makes this forum look stupid.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Ok...another post I had to delete from social media because the title makes this forum look stupid.
    That's why you are a SUPER moderator and not just a moderator!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

No

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGun View Post
    If the Rooney's don't budge, who would be in favor of trading Watt? We could be set to get our next franchise QB with the picks we would aquire. I understand Watt is one hell of a player, but would you sacrifice Watt for our next franchise QB? Imo, that's what it comes down to.
    There's about 8 quarterbacks and one Aaron Donald that I'd trade Watt for. That's it, unless we're talking three R1 picks.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    There's about 8 quarterbacks and one Aaron Donald that I'd trade Watt for. That's it, unless we're talking three R1 picks.
    8? There are maybe 4 and one is locked up for the rest of his career already.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Close this thread. TJ already signed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    This

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Thread closed.