Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin expects T.J. Watt to practice on Wednesday

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin expects T.J. Watt to practice on Wednesday

Mike Tomlin is expecting the Steelers to have their star outside linebacker back at practice Wednesday in preparation for the Bills.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...fl-news-rumors

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin expects T.J. Watt to practice on Wednesday

Which means there is a 100% percent guarantee he won't. Every time I read this headline about how a player holding out/pitching a hissy fit will start practicing on a certain day, it never happens

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

TJ Watt is under contract. He should play out the year and then leave and get paid his bazillion dollars somewhere else. If he doesn’t want to play under these terms then do what Leveon Bell did and sit out the year. But just let us know if you plan to do that so we don’t have tô keep talking about it.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Watt will practice on Wednesday and will sign a contract before the Bills game. Steeler fans worry about Rooney’s money more than their own.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

We have four days. Even then, we have a year until franchise tags come into play.

SUMMATION:
    Watt will be a Steeler for a long, long time.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    We have four days. Even then, we have a year until franchise tags come into play.

SUMMATION:
    Watt will be a Steeler for a long, long time.
    agreed, people are making comments like watt is a brain dead case like Bell & Brown.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    agreed, people are making comments like watt is a brain dead case like Bell & Brown.
    Amen!!! It’s amazing how quickly Steelers fans can turn on a player.

To clarify, I get people mentioning franchise tags, and contract language, and such. But, as you said: putting Watt in the same boat as those two is… odd.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

we're not even talking about the game, we talkin bout practice man

I’m not turning on Watt. He deserves to get what he thinks he deserves. I never begrudge someone for that. But if he and the Steelers are too far apart - then that is the reality as well. I would just say move on. Have him play out the year for $10 mil. If he doesn’t want tô do that - then that is fine also.

What I can’t stand is the stupid publicity game that is about to come. Steelers using media to call Watt a bad guy or Watt using agent to say Steelers are being stubborn. I can’t stand that crap. And at the end they sign a contract and watt saying Steelers are the best and Steelers saying watt is the best and oh yea, just forget about all that shit we said during contract negotiations.

So what will concretely change over the next 4 days? Nothing. Someone needs to have a change in heart - and that to me bugs the crap out of me. Someone needs to say that a position that was previously unacceptable is now acceptable. If that was the case then why didn’t you just think that way from the get go and avoid all this drama?!?!

in any case - I don’t see watt as the bad guy. I just want people to tell me what they want and then stick by it and if they don’t get it then be ok with moving on. Kinda simple to me

I never saw what AB and Bell did as “bad”. All they did was make a choice. They chose to pursue greater money over staying a Steeler. I never see this as a bad. If anything, I am glad they made these choices clearly and the Steelers could work around what they Brown and Bell wanted. I just want Watt to do the same - either say that what the money the Steelers offered is unacceptable or accept it. I don’t see him as bad if he chooses money. Hell, I’ve made those choice before and if I call Watt bad for doing this I would be a hypocrite. I would love watt to continue as a Steeler but if he chose not to - I understand that completely.

The drama is coming from the media like it always does. Combine that with folks who love soap operas and there is your dinner. Watt is a step or two above most nfl players in every way, be it training, integrity, commitment and giving 100% on every play. He also has to look out for his own financial future, with some security for not having a Shazier or Bud incident. I would be shocked if he didn't practice or start Sunday. Fan's ramble on about his money, the steelers money while they are living in credit card debt up to their nose.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Watt will practice on Wednesday and will sign a contract before the Bills game. Steeler fans worry about Rooney’s money more than their own.
    It’s easy to worry about my money…there’s so little of it. Takes very little time. Now the Rooney’s money…that’s takes some time!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    I
    What I can’t stand is the stupid publicity game that is about to come. Steelers using media to call Watt a bad guy or Watt using agent to say Steelers are being stubborn. I can’t stand that crap. And at the end they sign a contract and watt saying Steelers are the best and Steelers saying watt is the best and oh yea, just forget about all that shit we said during contract negotiations.

So what will concretely change over the next 4 days? Nothing. Someone needs to have a change in heart - and that to me bugs the crap out of me. Someone needs to say that a position that was previously unacceptable is now acceptable. If that was the case then why didn’t you just think that way from the get go and avoid all this drama?!?!
    No one outside of the Steelers management, and Watt and his agent, really knows what the state of the negotiations are. No one has gone to the media to state their case yet which is good, and because the season starts this week we as fans are nervous that things are going badly. I feel like the guaranteed money is the likely hangup, and if the Steelers do not want to guarantee future money outside of the signing bonus, hopefully they and Watt can meet in the middle somewhere with some additional money in the early years through roster and workout bonuses.

I really feel like this is going to get done this week, but perhaps I am overly optimistic.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

I never saw what AB and Bell did as “bad”. All they did was make a choice. They chose to pursue greater money over staying a Steeler. I never see this as a bad. If anything, I am glad they made these choices clearly and the Steelers could work around what they Brown and Bell wanted. I just want Watt to do the same - either say that what the money the Steelers offered is unacceptable or accept it. I don’t see him as bad if he chooses money. Hell, I’ve made those choice before and if I call Watt bad for doing this I would be a hypocrite. I would love watt to continue as a Steeler but if he chose not to - I understand that completely.
    Exactly. Just guys trying to earn as much as they are able to in the free market system, when their talents are desired. I hope something gets worked out, but its just a man making a choice about his place of employment.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Exactly. Just guys trying to earn as much as they are able to in the free market system, when their talents are desired. I hope something gets worked out, but its just a man making a choice about his place of employment.
    Or just guys trying to lose as much money as they possibly could. Lol

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

I’m sure I know less about the state of affairs between Watt and the Steelers than most of you. But I do know one thing. Bell was good/great as a Steeler. So was AB. Watt appears to be a generational talent. That’s something hard to replace.

Pay the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    I’m sure I know less about the state of affairs between Watt and the Steelers than most of you. But I do know one thing. Bell was good/great as a Steeler. So was AB. Watt appears to be a generational talent. That’s something hard to replace.

Pay the man.
    With no off field BS or hidden agenda (Brown) I might add

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

With no off field BS or hidden agenda (Brown) I might add

If Watt starts flinging furniture out of windows and starts a rap career.....I'm holding you responsible!

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    If Watt starts flinging furniture out of windows and starts a rap career.....I'm holding you responsible!

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

So is he practicing today or not?

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

They weren't wrong as far as the rules go, but I honestly thought the way they handled their situations was extremely unprofessional.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Or just guys trying to lose as much money as they possibly could. Lol
    With football and the fact that there are NO guaranteed contracts, I dont begrudge any RB(and other positions) for not wanting to play on a 1 year tag. If your option is a 1 year franchise tag at $10 million or a negotiated 5 year deal with $35 million guaranteed...the choice should be obvious.

A career ending injury like the Shazier injury and you lose more money than holding out would cost you.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    So is he practicing today or not?

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Time for the talking heads to shift gears now.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are all 49.5 sacks of TJ's, many that were turnovers.

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

I read on another Steelers message board that there was some video today posted of Najee showing his sneakers, and in the background Derek Watt was talking to someone and could be heard saying "Just because he signed so late you know, everything is going to be backtracked"............which one could infer means he was referencing his brother signing a contract today. I guess we'll see later if there is some type of announcement.

By the looks of that smile I'd say the deal is done.

By the looks of that smile I'd say the deal is done.

Minkah must like it........and saying "Ok, I am next up!"

i bet that's the smile that jeff bezos' wife had after the divorce was finalized lol