Thread: Steelers Super Bowl Offensive Line

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Steelers Super Bowl Offensive Line

I am curious how most here think our current offensive line compares to our arguably average offensive line when we won the Super Bowl with Ben many years ago.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Re: Steelers Super Bowl Offensive Line

I think it's too early to make a justified prediction on that, but I think they have the making of being the same type of OL. They're going to struggle early on, but once they gel...barring injuries, they should be able to do some damage in the running game. I do see them struggling against teams with elite pass rushers.

It's going to take some magic for this team to dominate the LOS. They have to get good push and there has to be an efficient playaction game.

When Ben got his rings...our pass blocking was never the best. Probably more towards the worst off the top of my head, but we always had a solid running and playaction game. For this team to be successful I think they need to excel in both of those categories.

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

I'm a little worried on how they utilize Najee. I see them using him much like they did Bell. I'm afraid they will run the wheels off him and when/if they make a run Najee will be fatigued or injured. Imo, they will ride Najee for everything he's worth.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

It's potentially better now. But that yesterday version of Ben could not only survive but thrive behind a crap line. This version of Ben needs an impenetrable fortress to operate from.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Good to see you GB!

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    Good to see you GB!
    ^^THIS^^

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

GB!!!!!!!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Anything's better than Jon "Rollerskates" Scott