Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers vs Bills week 1

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Steelers vs Bills week 1

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Our front 7(6) MUST be elite. The secondary will be a weakness early this season. The Bills have 4-5 very good receiving threats and Allen was an MVP candidate last season. Pressures, sacks, stuff the run, and hopefully plenty of 'legal' knock downs. Everybody is going to have to tackle well. I think this will be a huge challenge for our defense. This is why I think the offense will need to make long drives that eat up clock and end with scores, keeping the Bills offense off the field. Limit their possessions helps our defense.

I'm hoping this is the game that jumpstarts Watt's DPOY season in a big way.
    Are they elite without Tuitt?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Our front 7(6) MUST be elite. The secondary will be a weakness early this season. The Bills have 4-5 very good receiving threats and Allen was an MVP candidate last season. Pressures, sacks, stuff the run, and hopefully plenty of 'legal' knock downs. Everybody is going to have to tackle well. I think this will be a huge challenge for our defense. This is why I think the offense will need to make long drives that eat up clock and end with scores, keeping the Bills offense off the field. Limit their possessions helps our defense.

I'm hoping this is the game that jumpstarts Watt's DPOY season in a big way.
    TACKLE WELL ?? Tackling is the big issue in my book.... I'd just like to see them TACKLE. So sick of seeing 5 or more MISSED tackles only to have the RB pick up a first down on a 3rd and long.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    TACKLE WELL ?? Tackling is the big issue in my book.... I'd just like to see them TACKLE. So sick of seeing 5 or more MISSED tackles only to have the RB pick up a first down on a 3rd and long.
    I guess tackling well and just tackling is the same thing. It’s either a tackle or it’s not a tackle.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Are they elite without Tuitt?
    They looked pretty good without him. Just think what his addition will bring when he gets rolling again

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    They looked pretty good without him. Just think what his addition will bring when he gets rolling again
    Scary. I was overly pleased with Alualu. He’s way underrated…

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Yes, I think Tuitt definatley makes them better when he gets back. But honestly I think Wormley is healthier than last year, Davis is in better shape and improved, and Buggs is good depth.

At the OLB spot, Highsmith looked quicker and stronger and Ingram has upgraded that unit, as will Schoebert on the inside.

I know a lot of people think "how can you say Sutton and Pierre are good, because we havent seem them play much", but Sutton has always been a guy that can play Boundary CB, and Pierre too has showed it last year and the preseason. He knows how to play boundary CB in zone, but his man cover skills were needing improvement and I think he can be a starter on this defense.

Norwood is 2021 version of Mike Logan. Safety that can cover in nickel and dime packages, but not somebody that should be man to man in Cover 0.

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

I saw a stat that the Steelers only blitzed a couple times yesterday. They brought all that pressure with just 4 guys. That is huge, and if this team can consistently do that then they are going make it extremely difficult on opposing offenses moving the ball this season.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dislocatedday View Post
    I saw a stat that the Steelers only blitzed a couple times yesterday. They brought all that pressure with just 4 guys. That is huge, and if this team can consistently do that then they are going make it extremely difficult on opposing offenses moving the ball this season.
    And the whole reason the Bills had those two big runs at the end of the game is because they loaded up with their nickel defense and didn't care about stuffing the run.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

What a frustrating day. Needed to spend the day with Mom and all we got was WTF with Fitzmagic getting hurt early, on one station, and the Eagles on the other. Mom doesn’t really care fore the “REDZONE”, so we sat on her back porch and watched the wildlife. My issue is, the NFL channel used to rebroadcast most games during the week…….NOTHING!!!!!!Anyone have a suggestion how to watch the game in close to it’s entirety without paying a fortune….I’m ok if the answer is a big NO.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    What a frustrating day. Needed to spend the day with Mom and all we got was WTF with Fitzmagic getting hurt early, on one station, and the Eagles on the other. Mom doesn’t really care fore the “REDZONE”, so we sat on her back porch and watched the wildlife. My issue is, the NFL channel used to rebroadcast most games during the week…….NOTHING!!!!!!Anyone have a suggestion how to watch the game in close to it’s entirety without paying a fortune….I’m ok if the answer is a big NO.
    NFL Network usually shows a condensed replay of certain games (usually close or "big" games) on Tuesday night and Wednesday night.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    NFL Network usually shows a condensed replay of certain games (usually close or "big" games) on Tuesday night and Wednesday night.
    I will go ahead and record everything just in case…..Have to work. Thanks! They usually have something called game replay but maybe it’s too early in the season.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    I will go ahead and record everything just in case…..Have to work. Thanks! They usually have something called game replay but maybe it’s too early in the season.
    That's it! lol

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

When I read “Matakevich” I was thinking this guy needs to update his copy of the Steelers roster. I had to read it twice to remember that Matakevich is on the Bills.

Gotta play in full screen because it's chopped off but the audio is enough. lol

Gotta play in full screen because it's chopped off but the audio is enough. lol
    That’s pretty funny. Who is that?

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    That’s pretty funny. Who is that?
    His name is Josh Pray.

Steelers vs Bills week 1

Pressly Harvin’s performance?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Pressure and limiting the run on defense and the play of the offensive line on offense.

It could be close...but I am feeling like the Steelers lose this one by 2 scores.
    As I'm sure you are, I'm glad you were wrong.

Are the Raiders next to beat us??

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    As I'm sure you are, I'm glad you were wrong.

Are the Raiders next to beat us??
    No. I think they can beat the Raiders. It is at home and the Raiders are more on par with the Steelers than the Bills were.

Just call 'em like I see 'em. And I usually expecting the Steelers to lose about half their games each year.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    No. I think they can beat the Raiders. It is at home and the Raiders are more on par with the Steelers than the Bills were.

Just call 'em like I see 'em. And I usually expecting the Steelers to lose about half their games each year.
    Well you were right on the money for Tomlin's 8-8 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Now I want to see TJ Watt’s sign: slightly more expensive ass whoopins!