Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, what’s your take on the Steelers AFCN title chances in 2021?

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

So, what’s your take on the Steelers AFCN title chances in 2021?

What’s your confidence level on a AFCN title for 2021? For me, I had a lot of confidence for the Ravens chances at the start of training camp. But the injury bug has taken its toll, and I have a bad feeling it’s not over yet. Rashod Bateman may get on the field late Sept/early Oct, but maybe not. Groin surgery is not easy on a WR. Losing Dobbins for the season was huge. I’m not sure if Brown will be 100% and even so, he’s fast but he’s not a baller IMO. The OL needs work. Losing Fort was also a blow.

I don’t think Cincy is a threat, which leaves a three-horse race between Baltimore, Cleveland and Pittsburgh. If you believe the Steelers will will the AFCN crown, tell me why.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: So, what’s your take on the Steelers AFCN title chances in 2021?

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    What’s your confidence level on a AFCN title for 2021? For me, I had a lot of confidence for the Ravens chances at the start of training camp. But the injury bug has taken its toll, and I have a bad feeling it’s not over yet. Rashod Bateman may get on the field late Sept/early Oct, but maybe not. Groin surgery is not easy on a WR. Losing Dobbins for the season was huge. I’m not sure if Brown will be 100% and even so, he’s fast but he’s not a baller IMO. The OL needs work. Losing Fort was also a blow.

I don’t think Cincy is a threat, which leaves a three-horse race between Baltimore, Cleveland and Pittsburgh. If you believe the Steelers will will the AFCN crown, tell me why.
    If our OL gels early this season we have as good a chance as anyone, that will be the big key for us. I haven’t looked at the Browns at all so far this season, but on paper they should take the conference, but that was also the case last season and they were 3rd.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I'm not gonna compare strengths and weaknesses for all the teams. I do think the Steelers have a good chance this year. The schedule is tough and the OL is young, I think those 2 things are all that's really holding this team back. The defense should be better than last year. The running game should be improved over last year, and used more effectively. Ben is a very crafty veteran that you simply can never count out. Every year you have to take 1 game at a time and focus week to week. This year will be no different.

I don't think the Ravens run game is gonna suffer that much without Dobbins. Taking nothing away from him but LJ is still the best runner on that team. If his passing improves the Ravens offense will be a very potent group.

The Browns will be as good as their egos allow. I think everybody knows exactly what I mean by that. They have the talent, as long as they don't try to win on talent alone they will be tough.

The Bengals are not expected to do much, which makes them a dangerous team, IMO. They have a young team with a very promising QB. Like I said before, week to week, eyes forward, they could be a tough out for a lot of teams.

Steelers win because the 'Football Gods' love the Steelers.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

I’m not ready to say how the Steelers will fare against the rest of the AFCN, (I will get back to you after the Bills game), but I’m willing to go out on a limb and say,
    that the AFCN will have the best combined regular season record in the NFL ……despite the schedule. There is a ton of talent and some really fine coaching.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I'm going to wait and see what roster magic Colbert and Khan pull off before the season opener.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Ben has a better team around him than last year, if he's throwing well consistently, the steelers are a threat to take the AFCN

like Hawkman said, the steelers opener will be a good test

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I suspect they'll be lucky to back into a wildcard slot.

Ravens might be the class of the North.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

It depends how well we can run the ball. We're going to be one and done in the playoffs again if Ben is throwing 40+ times a game. I'm predicting a playoff season but at this point I never expect a championship ever.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I think your Ravens are gonna win the AFC North. Steelers have some glaring weaknesses that were underaddressed that are likely to capsize the team. The offensive line is a big issue, inexperienced and looked porous a lot of the times in the preseason, sure they got a bunch of skill position players but anyone with a good amount of football sense knows that skill position players are as good as useless without an o-line to support them. The CB position is also looking questionable and looking like they are gonna give up the critical big play time and time again, especially against some of the QBs they will be facing. They did make Joe Flacco look like his 2012 postseason iteration, of course it probably would have made more sense to address the position before the 7th round after losing Hilton and Nelson, but what do I know?

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

If no teams have injury to QB, I’d say odds to win division is Ravens 40%, Browns 30 %, Steelers 25% Bengals 5%. My guess is a split with Ravens and browns and sweep bengals at best and get wild card. Strength of schedule big factor in that as well. 10-7 my guess. I see tight race settled in last week.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

20-0

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    20-0

The season would have to be canceled if we didn't get the post from you!

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Offensive line ... bad.
    Secondary ... bad.
    Hardest strength of schedule in the NFL.

Chances ... Bad.

1. Ravens (playoff team)
    2. Browns (playoff team)
    3. Steelers (no playoffs)
    4. Bengals (no playoffs)

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Considering your guys are now on their 4th RB and just lost Peters for the season, I am thinking this isnt the year for the Ravens.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Considering your guys are now on their 4th RB and just lost Peters for the season, I am thinking this isnt the year for the Ravens.
    I know, right? What the hell is going in Baltimore? I imagine it’s just bad luck, but is anything the matter with that practice field?

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Is the NFL ready for the dual-headed monster of Lamar Jackson and Le'Veon Bell's "patient" running style?

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

LJ is still the best runner for the Ravens and Harbaugh has worked with less. These RB losses don't move the needle for me. It's LOS, it's defense.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    I know, right? What the hell is going in Baltimore? I imagine it’s just bad luck, but is anything the matter with that practice field?
    Blame it on the training staff. Cleats are too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

I think the clear answer to the Ravens’ RB problem is they need some Benny Snell football!

Only serious offers will be considered… and by that I mean ALL offers will be considered.

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    To be honest, that was my initial thought. Two ACL’s and a Achilles in practice? (Dobbins was in a preseason game). What the hell?

I’ve heard “next man up”. But “next, next, next, next? Oh well, what’s done is done. We’ll see what Bell and Murray have left in the tank.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    Offensive line ... bad.
    Secondary ... bad.
    Hardest strength of schedule in the NFL.

Chances ... Bad.

1. Ravens (playoff team)
    2. Browns (playoff team)
    3. Steelers (no playoffs)
    4. Bengals (no playoffs)
    I stick by this. The Ravens just signed L. Murray and have Bell. Jackson was always their best RB anyhow.

Losing Peters was much bigger. But their defense, like ours, is their identity. They will cover for Peters and be fine.

I just don't want the Browns to ever win. I respect the Ravens but not the Bengals or Browns.

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    I stick by this. The Ravens just signed L. Murray and have Bell. Jackson was always their best RB anyhow.

Losing Peters was much bigger. But their defense, like ours, is their identity. They will cover for Peters and be fine.

I just don't want the Browns to ever win. I respect the Ravens but not the Bengals or Browns.
    I'm with you on the Browns. I grew up hating the Browns more than any other team. Then they moved that team and I sort of felt bad for the city and fans. When they expanded and Cleveland got the Browns back I actually felt happy for them. Then the internet happened and I met Browns fans online and quickly realized they deserve to suffer. Most hateful bunch outside of Philly, and so freaking jealous. No, I cannot root for the Browns.

AND....some on here said Baker Mayfield was just another Johnny Football and would fail in an epic fashion. If he made a Superbowl that would make some on here wrong. Can't have that.

i never really hated the browns until the helmet swinging incident, since then i was like f those guys. it's more so their fans i couldn't stand, the fact they actually defended myles garrett. i mean i know he's your player, but come on. a 280 lb man hitting someone with a helmet probably could qualify for assault with a deadly weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    i never really hated the browns until the helmet swinging incident, since then i was like f those guys. it's more so their fans i couldn't stand, the fact they actually defended myles garrett. i mean i know he's your player, but come on. a 280 lb man hitting someone with a helmet probably could qualify for assault with a deadly weapon
    Exactly. MR was wearing a Steelers jersey so Garrett was justified to hit him in the head. Those fans are legitimate unapologetic a-holes. They are so jealous of anything Steelers they would condone anything. Cincy is not that far behind. I thought Cincy may have become worse while Lewis was HC maybe. But with the Browns it's more about the fans and that never changes.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Lat Murray will be better than anyone they were going to field except for Dobbins. It’s a blessing in disguise for the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

You don't want to lose too many of your RBs, but with glorified Kordell running the ball in that offensive system, as long as the O-line does well, they'll be able to get away with it. Peters is a tougher loss, but they still have some good pieces on defense to withstand, especially as long as Marlon Humphrey stays healthy

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

7-10

Best case scenario: 10-7
    Worst case scenario: 4-13
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

I honestly don't know what to think as far as the Steelers chances this year. As a fan, I appreciate the fact that the Steelers seemingly made a real effort to fix the offense by completely overhauling the OL and by changing the OC, etc. rather than just adopting the tired old mantra of "This is the Steelers. This is what we do." Time will tell how beneficial all the changes will be.

I think the defense will be scary good. If Highsmith stays healthy, I just have a feeling he'll make us forget about Dupree real quick.... And the fact that we signed Ingram as depth? That's just awesome.

11-6? Could go either way...

Also, can I just say how much of a hard time I'm having with the uneven number of games? My OCD really likes even numbers. Ugh.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I think the Steeler have a very good chance at the AFCN title. There isn't much question on the defense, they are pretty solid. The Oilne is young which is the only question on the oline side of the ball imo. But they have good energy and think they will improve each week. I think we sweep the browns and bengals and split one with the Ravens. If all the main pieces stay healthy I could see a 13-4 season.

Had last season gone differently, had the Steelers still finished 12-4 but not gone 11-0 before going 1-4, the wins and losses were more mixed throughout the season. How many of you would feel better about the 2021 season than you do now?