Thread: 2021 Around the NFL Bits and Pieces

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

2021 Around the NFL Bits and Pieces

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: 2021 Around the NFL Bits and Pieces

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    I saw the slo-mo. It did not look good. That’s a darned shame for that young man. He has promise.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    I saw the slo-mo. It did not look good. That’s a darned shame for that young man. He has promise.

absolutely a promising young talent , hopefully this doesn't hinder him long term at recognizing what was on the doorstep ..hate to see shit like this happen to these young kids
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    absolutely a promising young talent , hopefully this doesn't hinder him long term at recognizing what was on the doorstep ..hate to see shit like this happen to these young kids
    With torn ACL’s, you never know. Hope for the best for him. He seems like a player.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    With torn ACL’s, you never know. Hope for the best for him. He seems like a player.

Luckily, modern surgical techniques and top-notch rehabilitation has athletes returning at near peak form once all the way back.

You hate seeing anybody getting seriously injured, but especially young players on rookie contracts that haven't cashed in yet.

I wish him the best going forward.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Top 21 power rankings

TITANS
    6 SEAHAWKS

RK TEAMS CHG RCRD

BUCCANEERS
    The champs always open in the top spot in my rankings, which is why the Bucs are here. I don't expect them to move far off this spot at all this season. -- 0-0-0

BILLS
    This is a deep, talented team that has the weapons to score a bunch on offense. The defense will be better as well, which is why they are my pick to win it all. 1 0-0-0

CHIEFS
    The rebuilt offensive line should make the offense get back to scoring points in a big way with Patrick Mahomes lighting it up. There are some concerns about the defense that have to improve. 1 0-0-0

PACKERS
    Surprise, surprise. Aaron Rodgers is back. Since he is, they are once again a team that can win it all. This is another team that has to make strides on defense to get to a Super Bowl. -- 0-0-0

BROWNS
    The talent is there, so it's time to live up to the expectations. The Browns are the favorite in the AFC North for a reason. Can they handle the hype? -- 0-0-0

49ERS
    No matter who plays quarterback, this is the team I think will win the NFC West. Jimmy Garoppolo will likely start the season, but Trey Lance will get snaps as well. They are healthy again, which is bad news for the rest of the division. -- 0-0-0

RAVENS
    The big issue is whether the passing game will improve enough this season. Lamar Jackson is an amazing weapon, but the passing game has to be better to win it all. -- 0-0-0

RAMS
    Matt Stafford brings his gunslinging mentality to the offense. That's a good thing. The defense should again be among the best, which is why some are picking the Rams to be a Super team. 1 0-0-0

CARDINALS
    They've added some nice veteran pieces in J.J. Watt and A.J. Green, showing it's time to make a real playoff push. This is a big season for coach Kliff Kingsbury. 1 0-0-0

TITANS
    They should score a lot with all the weapons, including Derrick Henry and Julio Jones, so it's all about the defense for this group. They were dreadful last season, so any improvement should give them a division title. 11 0-0-0

PATRIOTS
    Mac Jones will be a rookie starter, which can be challenging - no matter how good he looked in the preseason. Bill Belichick again has the talent to get this team back into the postseason. 1 0-0-0

COLTS
    Carson Wentz is the big question mark here. He has to stay healthy, but even then there are those who wonder if he's the guy. The young defense will have to carry this team early in the season. 1 0-0-0

FOOTBALL TEAM
    The defense will be nasty, maybe even the best in the NFL. So the big question is whether Ryan Fitzpatrick can be good enough on offense. I think he can be. -- 0-0-0

COWBOYS
    Dak Prescott is back, the offensive line is healthy again and the defense has added some key players. This is the year Mike McCarthy has to get this team a division title. -- 0-0-0

DOLPHINS
    It's all about Tua Tagovailoa. If he makes the strides, they will be a playoff team - and maybe more. If not, there will be changes coming. -- 0-0-0

VIKINGS
    The defense, which is usually the calling card for Mike Zimmer-coached teams, will be back to playing at a high level after a bad 2020. Couple that with a good offense, and the Vikings should be back in the postseason. -- 0-0-0

BRONCOS
    The defense will carry this team, which means Teddy Bridgewater has to just manage the offense without turning it over. Denver will push for a playoff spot. -- 0-0-0

SEAHAWKS
    They still have Russell Wilson, which always makes them a threat. The key to their season will be the improvement of the defense, which means improvement of the pass rush. I am not sure it's good enough, which is why they are the fourth team in the division in my book. 6 0-0-0

SAINTS
    Jameis Winston opens as the starter at quarterback in the post-Drew Brees era, but you know the Taysom Hill gimmick will be a big part as well. Sean Payton loves the makeup of this team, but will the fallout from being displaced by a hurricane impact their start? 1 0-0-0

CHARGERS
    I don't see a sophomore slump for Justin Herbert, which means the offense will be explosive behind an improved offensive line. The defense gets back Derwin James, which will help that side grow. 1 0-0-0

STEELERS
    Ben Roethlisberger is back, and he's looked good so far. But the biggest question is the offensive line. They made big changes there. The defense will be outstanding again. 1 0-0-0
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/powerrankings/

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

ESPN rankings have them at #10, which seems fair.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

so many teams we beat and beat soundly in 2020 ranked ahead of us in 2021 with zero games played since ...

sure there have been roster changes but until you witness the effect of such changes in live games that matter ranking of in the 20's is just ridiculous ...

just goes to show you one can get paid to do anything even if it is inferior work ...

they dogged Ben so hard that when they proved him wrong ( so far to date in limited pre season action ) they switch up the low ranking now on the 0-Line when 2 months ago it was because of ben being washed up ....

just make it up as ya go along and keep changing the reasoning to fit whatever
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    ESPN rankings have them at #10, which seems fair.
    I saw that. I think that's more accurate.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    I saw that. I think that's more accurate.
    you're both wrong, everybody knows it's 0-17 and they should be ranked at #32, no higher

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Lol, never change cowboys, never change

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

https://steelersnow.com/report-odell...lBGviiDgV4a2RQ

Report: Odell Beckham Jr. Will Be Away from Browns Rest of the Season

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Remember when people swore this only happened to the Steelers?

Hilarious stuff. Can not wait to hear the whole story. The Browns are just kinda screwed here. Baker needs an extension. But he may not be good enough on the field to justify it. And it is possible, but not confirmed, that his struggles have driven the teams high $$$ big play WR to quit playing.

Whoa...boy.