Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 53 predictions

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Re: 53 predictions

Does anyone predict a trade for DB at this point?

Something like this?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.beh...-nickel-corner

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Question: Why do we need 3 TE's on the 53 man roster? I get it Gentry would be the best blocking TE on the team almost by default. But how often practically is that going to make a difference? In Short yardage you have a a full back and the option to bring in a third tackle. Nothing against Gentry but I think I'd rather keep an extra linebacker or defensive end. Put Rader and Gentry on the PS. Just typing out loud.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneforthetoe View Post
    Question: Why do we need 3 TE's on the 53 man roster? I get it Gentry would be the best blocking TE on the team almost by default. But how often practically is that going to make a difference? In Short yardage you have a a full back and the option to bring in a third tackle. Nothing against Gentry but I think I'd rather keep an extra linebacker or defensive end. Put Rader and Gentry on the PS. Just typing out loud.
    The way TE’s get injured I would think you have to have three. A buddy of mines kid has been on practice squads for TE for last 3 years and this year I was reading they were possibly keeping 4 on roster for team he’s playing on. It’s inevitable one of our TEs gets concussion or something, then your left one guy and limited options. I’m just thinking out loud as well, not an authority on subject.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    The way TE’s get injured I would think you have to have three. A buddy of mines kid has been on practice squads for TE for last 3 years and this year I was reading they were possibly keeping 4 on roster for team he’s playing on. It’s inevitable one of our TEs gets concussion or something, then your left one guy and limited options. I’m just thinking out loud as well, not an authority on subject.
    How many TEs do we normally dress on game day? If it’s only two then I guess it doesn’t make any difference if the others are on the active roster or on the PS.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    Does anyone predict a trade for DB at this point?

Something like this?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.beh...-nickel-corner
    From what I’m hearing from other fanbases, if Colbert somehow pulls this trade off, other teams should simply STOP making deals with the Steelers.

On a similar note, Sidney Jones was acquired for a R6 pick. Jones has been injured, but he’s a heck of a player. The low pricetag certainly HELPS the Steelers. That said, Malcolm Butler might be retiring… which would drive up the price/which would could negate that low pricetag.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

When did they not have three TEs?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I think I read 2008

What is the practical difference between having a #3 TE on the 53 who doesn’t get a hat on game day vs a #3 TE on the practice squad.

The only difference I see is that a player could potentially get snatched off the PS by another team. But if we really have no fear of Gentry or Radar getting taken, I could understand putting them both on the PS.

I don’t think it will happen, but it’s an interesting idea if there’s someone more vulnerable that we want on the 53.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Well there it is. Let's GO!

Anyone else surprised that they cut both Roche and Marsh? But kept UG3?

Also a little surprised they kept Buggs and Davis, but I guess it makes sense. Buggs is a run stuffer and Davis is the better pass rusher. Probably good to have both.

I was thinking Mark Gilbert had a shot at the 53, but he’s probably safe on the PS.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

53 predictions

Anyone else surprised that they cut both Roche and Marsh? But kept UG3?

Also a little surprised they kept Buggs and Davis, but I guess it makes sense. Buggs is a run stuffer and Davis is the better pass rusher. Probably good to have both.

I was thinking Mark Gilbert had a shot at the 53, but he’s probably safe on the PS.
    I am. I thought it would be Roche or Marsh. Don’t need to say that I am disappointed that Benny isn’t on that list. Also no Haskins/Dobbs…keeping 4 QBs or Dobbs on an injured list?

How many more need to go to get to 53 or maybe they are there?

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Well, this fight was pointless. They both made the team. Lol

Although we still might see some shake ups to the 53 in the next couple of days.

If they want to put Tuitt, Banner, or Allen on IR with the possibility of return, they had to be put on the active 53 first. But hopefully that doesn’t happen.

- - - Updated - - -

I am. I thought it would be Roche or Marsh. Don’t need to say that I am disappointed that Benny isn’t on that list. Also no Haskins/Dobbs…

How many more need to go to get to 53?
    Dobbs is on IR. Gone for the season. Haskins is on the active 53.

No more cuts need to be made. But you never know what might happen over the next 24 hours with possible acquisitions from other teams.

Well, this fight was pointless. They both made the team. Lol

Although we still might see some shake ups to the 53 in the next couple of days.

If they want to put Tuitt, Banner, or Allen on IR with the possibility of return, they had to be put on the active 53 first. But hopefully that doesn’t happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Dobbs is on IR. Gone for the season. Haskins is on the active 53.

No more cuts need to be made. But you never know what might happen over the next 24 hours with possible acquisitions from other teams.
    Got it. Just updated my post asking the same questions you just answered.

Here’s a link to the 53 man roster as it stands for mandatory cut down. Obviously changes might be made over the next day or so:

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/08/20...53-man-roster/

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

What guards are out there that can be brought in? Hassenauer is the only backup at Center or Guard currently. No way the Steelers are going into the season that thin.

Word on the street is we will probably add a slot CB from outside the organization. If we don’t put any of our injured guys on IR, seems like they’d cut a D-lineman or UG3.

https://twitter.com/alex_kozora/stat...844704775?s=21

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

Matt Skura was released by Dolphins. I would not mind Steelers bringing him in for depth. He is from Pittsburgh too.

Quote Originally Posted by dislocatedday View Post
    What guards are out there that can be brought in? Hassenauer is the only backup at Center or Guard currently. No way the Steelers are going into the season that thin.
    They could still bring in an OG from the outside, or maybe they feel like the guys they cut are safe on the PS for depth purposes.

Now that a team can put any player on the PS, regardless of accrued seasons, I’m sure that affects strategy at this point.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Desmond Trufant please............................................ .....................
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Desmond Trufant please............................................ .....................

That would be nice.

Artie Burns is available too.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

sean Davis as well. probably worst secondary we’ve ever had included those two.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Benny Snell.

Bears are signing him back.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I didn't make the 53 again this year. There's always next year!

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I didn't make the 53 again this year. There's always next year!
    I’d sign you over Benny Snell and put you on the coaching staff over Danny Smith.

I’d sign you over Benny Snell and put you on the coaching staff over Danny Smith.
    Ha! And you thought Benny was slow....

I can chew on gum though....