Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Our offensive line scares me

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Re: Our offensive line scares me

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Hard for me to say since it appears that gamepass has removed the all 22 from its options this year. Last year and previous years though, it was available much earlier than mid-week. There were random examples when it was available on the night of the game.

Edit: In fact, I just wrote the commissioner an email about my concerns with the product, including the removal of the all 22.

"I just got the email about your concerns. You are very important to us........We will take your concerns under advisement"

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    PFF week 1 grades: OL

Left to right.

Dan Moore: 71.8
    Dotson: 52.8
    Green: 55.3
    Turner: 69.1
    Okorafor: 53.1
    Then there's this from ESPN:

The Steelers offensive line is still a work in progress, but Green had a pretty solid game in his NFL debut with a 100% pass block win rate -- good for a six-way tie for best among centers.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

The Steelers offensive line is still a work in progress, but Green had a pretty solid game in his NFL debut with a 100% pass block win rate -- good for a six-way tie for best among centers.
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    btw: Green is tied for first in “win-rate” for centers.
    It’s why I take PFF with a grain of salt.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    PFF is on a 100 point scale: https://www.pff.com/grades

The Player Grading Scale:
    100-90 Elite
    89-85 Pro Bowler
    84-70 Starter
    69-60 Backup
    59-0 Replaceable
    Dan Moore: 71.8 - Starter (yea!) barely.
    Dotson: 52.8 - Replaceable
    Green: 55.3 - Replaceable
    Turner: 69.1 - Backup (but almost a starter)
    Okorafor: 53.1 - Replaceable

DOOMED 1-16!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Both could be true if he was just awful in run blocking...or they evaluate on different criteria...etc.

I kinda feel like Green might be a better pass protector than run blocker right now...but I really don't know.

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

I am completely ok with being patient with the OL. Everyone is a new starter and two rookies. I am quite excited about Green and Moore. Kudos to Colbert for finding them in round 3 and 4. I live in Chicago and Tevin Jenkins has yet to see the field due to back issues which he had in college.

I am still down on Ben in that he doesn’t have the zip on the ball that he did before. However … I will always root for the Steelers and if this defense can play lights out and Ben avoids throwing INTs - we have a shot. A limp Peyton Manning and even Trent Dilfer have won Super Bowls. Cmon Ben - play smart and run this offense and avoid dumb plays and give us a shot.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

A running game will be the best thing that ever happened to Ben.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

A running game will be the best thing that ever happened to Ben.
    Agreed. But one thing struck me as the Steelers threw a couple WR screens in the game....the O linemen on the team are very athletic and can get out to block in space. A quick WR screen with linemen pulling into space can soften up coverages, so there is more space to run and vise versa. Friermuth and Ebron stretching the seams vertically can also help. I think the offense has a lot of options and it will just take a bit of time for the group to settle into Canada's scheme.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I can't wait for a game where Najee Harris can find some daylight. He looks like he's got that explosiveness that Bell never had

Senior Member Array title="bendsteel is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    I can't wait for a game where Najee Harris can find some daylight. He looks like he's got that explosiveness that Bell never had
    I was waiting for somebody to say this. Give him a few games to sort his shit out and this dude is gonna break ankles and/or bust heads. I have not been this high on a RB since Da Bus.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

AV is doing what I expected, but Stanley is surprising. Could it be he’s not 100%?

If that’s the case I wish we were playing the Ravens this week. Our front seven would destroy that line.

I feel bad for AV. He played his heart out for us and he will for the Ravens as well. That is his mojo always. It’s that his body just can’t keep up with his heart.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    I feel bad for AV. He played his heart out for us and he will for the Ravens as well. That is his mojo always. It’s that his body just can’t keep up with his heart.
    I feel the same way. On the one hand, I wish he just retired a Steeler and saved himself the embarrassment of going out there as a shell of his former self. On the other hand, good for him for extracting money from the Ravens while making them a worse team.

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    I feel the same way. On the one hand, I wish he just retired a Steeler and saved himself the embarrassment of going out there as a shell of his former self. On the other hand, good for him for extracting money from the Ravens while making them a worse team.
    that is pure gold. I love your thought. Maybe AV is being loyal to the Steelers after all in a secret covert op way as he was an army ranger. He has infiltrated the enemy and expunged their monetary resources and is secretly poisoning them from the inside out. Love it! AV - black and gold all the way!

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Awesome!

Thanks for sharing that.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Like literally coming together to stand in a corner?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Last week was scary- our center being pushed back 3-4 yards off the line on short yardage situation is scary. How does one fix that?

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    Last week was scary- our center being pushed back 3-4 yards off the line on short yardage situation is scary. How does one fix that?
    Yes, but they played one good game against the Browns ...