Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pat Freiermuth injured

Senior Member Array title="one side only is a jewel in the rough"> one side only's Avatar

Pat Freiermuth injured

Left shoulder being iced.

Had surgery on his right shoulder last year.

Member Array title="Packers has a spectacular aura about">

Re: Pat Freiermuth injured

See you guys in October.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Packers View Post
    See you guys in October.
    You too.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by one side only View Post
    Left shoulder being iced.

Had surgery on his right shoulder last year.

damn it ............... hope its just a ding and nothing serious
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    damn it ............... hope its just a ding and nothing serious
    he's already back practicing.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

damn don't scare me like that man

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Ebron also got banged up. Melvin Ingram was out there for a play and caught a pass. What kind of hocus pocus is Matt Canada running?

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Ebron also got banged up. Melvin Ingram was out there for a play and caught a pass. What kind of hocus pocus is Matt Canada running?
    Nice to see that Ingram has already mastered the defensive playbook to the point where he can screw around on offense. I’m guessing it was just silliness due to the fact that the entire TE depth chart is injured, but I don’t like it. If Ingram had gotten hurt playing out of position we’d be pissed. I’d love to see Ingram being utilized at both OLB and ILB seeing as we’re thin at both positions, but if we’re down to Ingram ever being our best option at TE we’re in trouble.

I’d rather see our new punter getting reps on the D-line than Ingram at TE.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    awesome
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Phew!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Where did you read that? He got injured today and spent the rest of the day out of uniform with ice on his shoulder. How could he have gotten the chance to practice again after that?

On the positive side, I read that he didn’t look to be in any discomfort as he watched the rest of practice from the sideline.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    Where did you read that? He got injured today and spent the rest of the day out of uniform with ice on his shoulder. How could he have gotten the chance to practice again after that?

On the positive side, I read that he didn’t look to be in any discomfort as he watched the rest of practice from the sideline.
    sorry, I read these tweets and didn't realize this all occurred before he got injured.

however, I did read the Steelers were optimistic that the injury was a minor one.

Alex Kozora
    @Alex_Kozora

In 1v1, Pat Freiermuth beat UG3 vertically and made great fingertip catch to finish. He has a great pair of hands.

Offense wins seven shots 4-3 but defense has two INTs. Highsmith on first play, Mark Gilbert on last. Latter picked off Haskins. Freiermuth made nice catch vs Killebrew. #Steelers

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora?ref_...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Highsmith seems like he's having a great camp as well

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

I wouldn't look too much into Highsmith's success at this point. It's great that he's playing well, but whoever has been playing LT isn't an all pro by any means. This Oline will be a shit show tomorrow night.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGun View Post
    I wouldn't look too much into Highsmith's success at this point. It's great that he's playing well, but whoever has been playing LT isn't an all pro by any means. This Oline will be a shit show tomorrow night.
    Highsmith has looked good in run support, in coverage, during 1:1 drills… not just when blowing past our LTs.

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Highsmith has looked good in run support, in coverage, during 1:1 drills… not just when blowing past our LTs.
    I'm happy that he's looked good, but even while defending the run...he's still shedding a combination of Gentry, Rader, Freiermuth, and whoever they have playing LT. I understand he can only play against who is in front of him, but I'm not going to get too excited about these reports just yet. Definitely nice to hear he's defending the pass well, though, FWIW.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I'm happy that he's looked good, but even while defending the run...he's still shedding a combination of Gentry, Rader, Freiermuth, and whoever they have playing LT. I understand he can only play against who is in front of him, but I'm not going to get too excited about these reports just yet. Definitely nice to hear he's defending the pass well, though, FWIW.
    How about the fact that he had the NFL's 7th best pass rush win rate last year (24%), but didn't get enough snaps to qualify. Does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    How about the fact that he had the NFL's 7th best pass rush win rate last year (24%), but didn't get enough snaps to qualify. Does that count?
    No. Imo, it doesn't count. He needs to qualify to be in that discussion. He was solid last year. He looks like he may have built off of it as well, but I'm not sold on him yet. This season as a starter will tell a lot, but I'm not convinced he is the longterm plan. The signing of Ingram makes me believe the coaches aren't sold just yet either.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

No. Imo, it doesn't count.
    Lol

Lol
    Why would he qualify? That's ridiculous to me. There's so much that comes into play with that stat, especially if you're a situational player like Highsmith was the majority of last season. If he does that with a full body of work I'll surely be impressed. Until then...that statistic is garbage to me.

Let me ask you this...do you believe he will still finish top 10 being a full time starter? I do not. Simple as that for me.

Why would he qualify? That's ridiculous to me. There's so much that comes into play with that stat, especially if you're a situational player like Highsmith was the majority of last season. If he does that with a full body of work I'll surely be impressed. Until then...that statistic is garbage to me.

Let me ask you this...do you believe he will still finish top 10 being a full time starter? I do not. Simple as that for me.
    Really doesn't matter what either of us believe. What I know is that he performed better than Dupree in his first season, with no training camp or preseason. All signs point to him improving in his second season. I think he'll hit 9-10 sacks if he stays healthy.

Really doesn't matter what either of us believe. What I know is that he performed better than Dupree in his first season, with no training camp or preseason. All signs point to him improving in his second season. I think he'll hit 9-10 sacks if he stays healthy.
    I'll give you that. He did perform better than Dupree, but everyone knew Dupree would need time to develop. Highsmith is definitely more polished with his pass rushing moves, but you can't teach speed. Highsmith had all those pressures and hurries, but in reality that just meant he was a split second too late to get the sack. Elite moves, but not an elite athlete.

I see him getting 5-6 sacks with Ingram getting around the same and I'd be just fine with that.

I see the snap count 60/40 in favor of Highsmith. Ingram will see the field.

2-3 sacks, you have to factor in probably 7 will be dong sacks

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    2-3 sacks, you have to factor in probably 7 will be dong sacks
    Dong sacks count for 1.25 sacks each.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll give you that. He did perform better than Dupree, but everyone knew Dupree would need time to develop. Highsmith is definitely more polished with his pass rushing moves, but you can't teach speed. Highsmith had all those pressures and hurries, but in reality that just meant he was a split second too late to get the sack. Elite moves, but not an elite athlete.

I see him getting 5-6 sacks with Ingram getting around the same and I'd be just fine with that.

I see the snap count 60/40 in favor of Highsmith. Ingram will see the field.
    OK...... let's look at FACTS again.

"In terms of his speed in the first 3 yards traveled, Highsmith ranked in the top 10 percent in 2020; and 2) his hips stayed facing the quarterback even after contact at a rate in the top 15 percent (this helps predict recovery and pursuit of pressure)."

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/news/analytics-expert-alex-highsmith-pittsburgh-steelers-underappreciated

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Highsmith was one of two rookies (along with Chase Young) to register 10 run-stuffs. And, that was on limited duty; imagine how many run-stuffs he would have had if he was starting the entire season.

Speaking of Highsmith & Young, they were PFF’s starting edge players on their all-rookie team. Likewise, Highsmith graded out second (right behind Young).

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Highsmith was one of two rookies (along with Chase Young) to register 10 run-stuffs. And, that was on limited duty; imagine how many run-stuffs he would have had if he was starting the entire season.

Speaking of Highsmith & Young, they were PFF’s starting edge players on their all-rookie team. Likewise, Highsmith graded out second (right behind Young).
    No need for actual analytics when we have such astute talent evaluators here on the board.

Senior Member Array title="one side only is a jewel in the rough"> one side only's Avatar

Doesn't Highsmith deserve his own thread?

Quote Originally Posted by one side only View Post
    Doesn't Highsmith deserve his own thread?
    I searched for a Highsmith thread but all I could find was an analytics one on him.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

So, is PF injured or did he magically turn into Highsmith?

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    So, is PF injured or did he magically turn into Highsmith?
    PF hurt his left shoulder, but it's considered to be minor.

however, expect him to be held out of tomorrow's game as a precaution.