Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pat Freiermuth injured

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Re: Pat Freiermuth injured

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    No need for actual analytics when we have such astute talent evaluators here on the board.
    Yeah. I'm an expert. I didn't look at his absolutely average combine or his 4.7 40 yard dash to come to the conclusion that he isn't an elite athlete. It was just my assumption. If he gets 9-10 sacks this season I'll gladly come back to this thread.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGun View Post
    Yeah. I'm an expert. I didn't look at his absolutely average combine or his 4.7 40 yard dash to come to the conclusion that he isn't an elite athlete. It was just my assumption. If he gets 9-10 sacks this season I'll gladly come back to this thread.
    FWIW the combine has very little to do with finding football players , its more about finding athletes , finding healthy people and finding mentally stable individuals and it fails in doing those things often times as its just a tool and a tool is only as good as the person using it and people in general are flawed so there is that ....

I will take a football player over an athlete trying to be a football player 10 times out of 10 because you cant put a measure on heart ,instincts that come along with it , dedication and love of the game but you can put a measure on guys who want to play for the payday it brings because when the going gets tough the guys doing it just for the money are the guys who are not always willing to give it their all when the game is on the line
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I'm glad you looked up his 40.
    Last edited by DesertSteel; 08-05-2021 at 09:54 AM.

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    FWIW the combine has very little to do with finding football players , its more about finding athletes , finding healthy people and finding mentally stable individuals and it fails in doing those things often times as its just a tool and a tool is only as good as the person using it and people in general are flawed so there is that ....

I will take a football player over an athlete trying to be a football player 10 times out of 10 because you cant put a measure on heart ,instincts that come along with it , dedication and love of the game but you can put a measure on guys who want to play for the payday it brings because when the going gets tough the guys doing it just for the money are the guys who are not always willing to give it their all when the game is on the line
    I agree, but I think if you're looking at the elite edge players...a majority of them tested very well in at least 2 or 3 drills. Highsmith doesn't have to be elite, but if someone were to say he's capable of 9-10 sacks, that's getting close to elite status. I just don't see that in Highsmith. Apologies for having an opinion on that.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm glad you looked up his 40.
    Glad you could give us the meaningless analytics.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Glad you could give us the meaningless analytics.
    They led to actual production, versus a 40 time in shorts.

- - - Updated - - -

But I'm done talking about Highsmith in a Freiermuth thread. Like you, I'll be happy when you eat crow.

They led to actual production, versus a 40 time in shorts.

- - - Updated - - -

But I'm done talking about Highsmith in a Freiermuth thread. Like you, I'll be happy when you eat crow.
    You don't make pro bowls or be an all pro or cash in on a pay day by getting hurries and pressures. I hope I eat crow too. Back to Freiermuth.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Good thing TJ Watt ran a 4.69 40. It’s that hundredth of a second that separates total super star from athletic scrub.

- - - Updated - - -

Good thing TJ Watt ran a 4.69 40. It’s that hundredth of a second that separates total super star from athletic scrub.

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post

- - - Updated - - -

It wasn't the 40 it was everything thing else. Watts explosion, lateral movement, vertical...he killed it in every other drill besides the 40. He had an extremely good combine, where Highsmith was pedestrian.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

It wasn't the 40 it was everything thing else. Watts explosion, lateral movement, vertical...he killed it in every other drill besides the 40. He had an extremely good combine, where Highsmith was pedestrian.
    TJ Watt's RAS score was off the charts, but Highsmith's was considered to be pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    TJ Watt's RAS score was off the charts, but Highsmith's was considered to be pretty good.

Admittedly, his RAS score is better than I thought it would be. He's just not going to "wow" you with his athleticism...which is fine. I just think 9-10 sacks is a little aggressive.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Admittedly, his RAS score is better than I thought it would be. He's just not going to "wow" you with his athleticism...which is fine. I just think 9-10 sacks is a little aggressive.
    it might be , but when you have a TJ watt on the other side , a cam heyward and Tuitt to account for and the possibility of Ingram lining up inside with Bush that is a lot of people to block and someone is going to reap some benefits of that and Highsmith being a to the whistle kind of player he likely gets a few effort sacks that could put him over the top ...

time will tell
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

He passed the eye test last night, but I from this thread, the hurries don’t count, if he keeps up this pace he will eclipse 9-10 sacks

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    He passed the eye test last night, but I from this thread, the hurries don’t count, if he keeps up this pace he will eclipse 9-10 sacks
    Hurries don't get you paid.

He did look good though.