Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Division and Wildcard Picks 2021

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Division and Wildcard Picks 2021

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Chiefs have no defense and watched the end of that crazy Bolts-Stains game and defense was non existent

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Chiefs have no defense and watched the end of that crazy Bolts-Stains game and defense was non existent
    Did you see the Browns defense drag the Bolts running back into the end zone, so they could get the ball back. That was insane…..and funny. That was a score at will game. 89 points scored.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    watched the end of that crazy Bolts-Stains game and defense was non existent
    Looked like a Big 12 game.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Herbert is looking like a strong MVP candidate so far this year. I'm still surprised honestly, I watched a bunch of his college games and wasn't too impressed with him then. He's been balling out of control since coming into the NFL though.

Also is there any relation to Bobby Herbert or is that just a coincidence?

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Herbert is looking like a strong MVP candidate so far this year. I'm still surprised honestly, I watched a bunch of his college games and wasn't too impressed with him then. He's been balling out of control since coming into the NFL though.

I wanted to draft him. I knew there was no way..... but one can hope.

I'm not really dissatisfied with Carr, but he is damaged goods IMO. He has played well so far this year. That can't be said for the 3 years prior.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

George Costanza might be able to answer that.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

No relation - different names (Bobby H-e-b-e-r-t, Justin H-e-r-b-e-r-t).

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Bobby Hebert is a Cajun, Justin Herbert is a west coast dude from Oregon, they couldn’t have more different backgrounds

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    lmao Patriots Tom cant hide his homerism ..... no way in Hell the Pats win that division Bills will win that going away
    Excuse me?

1. New England Patriots (9-4), first place, AFC East. The Patriots already went into Monday night's closing Week 13 game at the Bills with the top seed in hand after the Ravens lost, but with the win, there is no tiebreaker situation with them up a half-game outright. The Patriots also are supported by a dazzling record in AFC play (7-1) heading into a welcome late bye. Remaining schedule: at IND, vs. BUF, vs. JAX, at MIA

P.S. at the moment
    Last edited by willy; 12-07-2021 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    Excuse me?

P.S. at the moment
    Yes the Patriots lead the JV conference for the week. They actually have one fewer loss than the Steelers. The NFC is far superior this year.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Denver crushed the lions 38-10. Bridgewater efficient with 2 td’s. Broncos ran all over the lions….maybe we ought to bring Munchak back with a promotion. Bridgewater will be a FA too. At least to compete with Rudy

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Yes the Patriots lead the JV conference for the week. They actually have one fewer loss than the Steelers. The NFC is far superior this year.

For the week?

AFC

1. Patriots (9-4)
    2. Titans (9-4)
    3. Chiefs (9-4)
    4. Ravens (8-5)
    5. Chargers (8-5)
    6. Colts (7-6)
    7. Bills (7-6)

On the brink

8. Browns (7-6)
    9. Bengals (7-6)
    10. Broncos (7-6)
    11. Steelers (6-6-1)
    12. Raiders (6-7)
    13. Dolphins (6-7)

Out of the race

14. Jets (3-10)*
    15. Texans (2-11)*
    16. Jaguars (2-11)*

Note: * = officially eliminated.

Projected wild card matchups

• (No. 1 Patriots on bye)
    • No. 7 Bills at No. 2 Titans
    • No. 6 Colts at No. 3 Chiefs
    • No. 5 Chargers at No. 4 Ravens

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    Denver crushed the lions 38-10. Bridgewater efficient with 2 td’s. Broncos ran all over the lions….maybe we ought to bring Munchak back with a promotion. Bridgewater will be a FA too. At least to compete with Rudy
    Once again, in Munchak’s last season with the Steelers, our rushing offense was 31st in the league…

For the week?
    Unfortunately for you, no one here is interested in the Patriots. And yes it’s still the JV. And it will still be the Chiefs in the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Once again, in Munchak’s last season with the Steelers, our rushing offense was 31st in the league…
    just to provide context, that was the year Bell held out and Conner was the feature back. He still ran for nearly a 1000 yards so if the Steelers were ranked low in rushing yards overall perhaps it was more of a decision to pass more rather than not being able to run. Munchak did a solid job with the line while he was here, I don’t think you can dispute that.

Unfortunately for you, no one here is interested in the Patriots. And yes it’s still the JV. And it will still be the Chiefs in the Super Bowl.
    Unfortunately for you, the Patriots are in the NFL, and it's been unfortunate for you for 21 years, and will continue being unfortunate for you for the foreseeable future. That's the reality, now you can go back to pretending.

Unfortunately for you, the Patriots are in the NFL, and it's been unfortunate for you for 21 years, and will continue being unfortunate for you for the foreseeable future. That's the reality, now you can go back to pretending.
    no rookie QB has made it to the super bowl and there's a reason for that. KC is peaking, they're clearly the favorite in the AFC right now.

no rookie QB has made it to the super bowl and there's a reason for that. KC is peaking, they're clearly the favorite in the AFC right now.
    No where have I said the Patriots will or will not win the SB. The claim was made way back when this thread opened that the Patriots didn't even have a chance of winning the AFC East. It was claimed Buffalo had it going away. So, what am I saying? Things are a little different now that we've actually played some games.

Dwinsgames

lmao Patriots Tom cant hide his homerism ..... no way in Hell the Pats win that division Bills will win that going away

No where have I said the Patriots will or will not win the SB. The claim was made way back when this thread opened that the Patriots didn't even have a chance of winning the AFC East. It was claimed Buffalo had it going away. So, what am I saying? Things are a little different now that we've actually played some games.
    Buffalo did have it going away, they've since gone downhill as far as i can tell because of Allen and the o line. There was no other team of note in your division besides them. So the Pats have a clear path to the Division title. Belichick runs a tight ship and he's got a good staff - i'll give him that...

As far as being a juggernaut which your bragging about to DS - maybe your just kidding, i would wait a little before making that claim

Buffalo did have it going away, they've since gone downhill as far as i can tell because of Allen and the o line. There was no other team of note in your division besides them. So the Pats have a clear path to the Division title. Belichick runs a tight ship and he's got a good staff - i'll give him that...

As far as being a juggernaut which your bragging about to DS - maybe your just kidding, i would wait a little before making that claim
    Obviously Buffalo didn't have it going away. And obviously the Patriots are still a very real factor in the NFL.

It's not unfortunate for me that I don't have any interest in them. It's only unfortunate that a Patriots fan feels the need to hang out on a Steelers fan message board. I acknowledge some of the Patriots' title runs. I also recall three legitimate trips to the Super Bowl by the Steelers and two titles during that same period of years. Sans all the cheating, I'd say the Steelers and Patriots are about even over the past 21 years.

It's not unfortunate for me that I don't have any interest in them. It's only unfortunate that a Patriots fan feels the need to hang out on a Steelers fan message board. I acknowledge some of the Patriots' title runs. I also recall three legitimate trips to the Super Bowl by the Steelers and two titles during that same period of years. Sans all the cheating, I'd say the Steelers and Patriots are about even over the past 21 years.
    That's some funny shit.

SB odds. You can see how well the mighty AFC North is doing:

ODDS TO WIN SUPER BOWL 56 (2/13/22)
    Team BetMGM Odds WynnBET Odds
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers +500 +500
    Kansas City Chiefs +650 +600
    Green Bay Packers +700 +750
    Arizona Cardinals +750 +750
    New England Patriots +750 +700
    Buffalo Bills +1000 +1000
    Los Angeles Rams +1000 +1200
    Dallas Cowboys +1200 +1200
    Baltimore Ravens +1600 +1400
    Tennessee Titans +2200 +2250
    Los Angeles Chargers +3000 +2250
    Indianapolis Colts +3000 +3000
    Cincinnati Bengals +5000 +4000
    San Francisco 49ers +5000 +5000
    Cleveland Browns +6600 +5000
    Philadelphia Eagles +8000 +7500
    Pittsburgh Steelers +10000 +10000

That's some funny shit.
    Only if you find True Crime stories to be funny.

Obviously Buffalo didn't have it going away. And obviously the Patriots are still a very real factor in the NFL.
    Patriots are a cinderella team this year, enjoy the regular season because the playoffs will most likely be short lived....

Btw, when are the patriots gonna ditch those ugly uniforms....?

Patriots are a cinderella team this year,
    The truth is the Patriots were an unknown quantity. Belichick basically formed a new team. Unknown quantities aren't cinderella teams.

- - - Updated - - -

Only if you find True Crime stories to be funny.
    Sure, and Trump won the election.
    Last edited by willy; 12-13-2021 at 08:10 PM.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    No relation - different names (Bobby H-e-b-e-r-t, Justin H-e-r-b-e-r-t).
    Oh snap, my bad for the late response, just read this.

Man, mind blown. All these years I actually thought his name was spelled Herbert but the R was silent cause it was some weird cajun thing. Just checked, yep it's spelled Hebert lmao

Looks like the Patriots are no longer the #1.............. They are pretenders.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Remember when people didnt want Jonathan Taylor because he had too many carries in college and he fumbles too much??

He is doing not bad for a 2nd year guy in the NFL huh? Sure he has 2 lost fumbles this season...but I think he helps the Colts win some games with his rushing YPC, TD's and moving the chains. Good win for them today.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Remember when people didnt want Jonathan Taylor because he had too many carries in college and he fumbles too much??

He is doing not bad for a 2nd year guy in the NFL huh? Sure he has 2 lost fumbles this season...but I think he helps the Colts win some games with his rushing YPC, TD's and moving the chains. Good win for them today.
    Easily the best RB in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler